Poll: What is your opinion of Vaccines/Vaccine Policy?
Vaccines saved the world. Bring them on.
I don't entirely trust big pharma, but vaccines have done more good than harm.
Some vaccines are effective and useful. Some are not.
Vaccines are of questionable value, like many pharmaceuticals, but I might want one if an epidemic hits.
Vaccines cause more health problems than they prevent. Parents and individuals should have the right to refuse any/all of them.
Vaccines are part of a population-reduction conspiracy on the part of the global elite and are intended to sterilize/kill as many as possible.
[Show Results]

Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 12:44 PM
RE: Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged
(07-05-2014 12:38 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Twice now you've pointed out that everyone around a death or illness was vaccinated blah blah...

I don't think that's what she "pointed out" at all.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 12:46 PM
http://www.cidd.psu.edu/research/synopse...apertussis
http://journals.plos.org/plospathogens/a...at.1003418

The vaccine failed. Face facts and move on with your life. Vaccines fail. People rely upon them and the "statistics" used to support them, and babies have died as a result. Life is a hell of a lot more complicated than you think, honey.
07-05-2014, 12:49 PM
(07-05-2014 12:38 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Twice now you've pointed out that everyone around a death or illness was vaccinated, as though it is evidence that everyone should be vaccinated. Say what?!

See. Here is your problem. You can't read. Or, you can, but you fail to comprehend what words mean.

I said,

(07-05-2014 12:00 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  This was COMPLETELY preventable if everyone in contact with this child had been vaccinated. This is the first death from whooping cough in years. Why? Because until recently, contracting whooping cough was rare (thanks to vaccines)

So actually, I said the opposite.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
07-05-2014, 12:51 PM
(07-05-2014 12:37 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 11:38 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Prove it.

YOU are proving it for us with every post. Keep talking, idiot.
How are the Velcro flaps on all of your shoes working out for you? Does mommy let you sit in the big boy chair yet?

You are one of the stupidest people I've ever encountered and the best advocate of my arguments. Stick around!
07-05-2014, 12:52 PM
(07-05-2014 12:49 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 12:38 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Twice now you've pointed out that everyone around a death or illness was vaccinated, as though it is evidence that everyone should be vaccinated. Say what?!

See. Here is your problem. You can't read. Or, you can, but you fail to comprehend what words mean.

I said,

(07-05-2014 12:00 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  This was COMPLETELY preventable if everyone in contact with this child had been vaccinated. This is the first death from whooping cough in years. Why? Because until recently, contracting whooping cough was rare (thanks to vaccines)

And what you said was bullshit. Because you can read, but only as far as it suits your views.
07-05-2014, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 01:05 PM by Cathym112.)
(07-05-2014 12:46 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  http://www.cidd.psu.edu/research/synopse...apertussis

The vaccine failed. Face facts and move on with your life. Vaccines fail. People rely upon them and the "statistics" used to support them, and babies have died as a result. Life is a hell of a lot more complicated than you think, honey.

No one. Not ever. NOT EVER. Claimed that vaccines were 100% effective. In fact, we all stated that they were not 100% effective, nor were 100% without side effects. But they are a fuck of a lot more effective than no vaccine, my darling. And whatever "side effects" you get from a vaccine, PALE in comparison to the side effects of the actual virus.

Further, again you did not fully read those articles. You need to stop doing that. Your first article stated, "Though the mechanism behind this increased colonization was not specifically elucidated, it is speculated to involve specific immune responses skewed or dampened by the acellular vaccine, including cytokine and antibody production during infection." They found that the vaccine needs to be altered to include both strains. Thats all it says. Your second article stated, "here are five possible reasons for the resurgence: 1) genetic changes in B. pertussis; 2) a decrease in vaccine efficacy; 3) a more rapid occurrence of waning immunity; 4) increased recognition and reporting of pertussis; and 5) newer laboratory diagnostic tests." read before you post sources...it really does make you look even more stupid. I'm trying to help you here

Which reminds me....if the body is so well suited to fight off measles - if only people would eat properly - how come it isn't suited to fight off much smaller side effects of vaccines? Either the body is strong enough to handle the virus, based on your logic, or it isn't. You can't use the body's strength to heal itself for one argument but than state that the body is too weak to handle any side effects out of the other side of your mouth.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 4 users Like Cathym112's post
07-05-2014, 12:55 PM
(07-05-2014 12:51 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 12:37 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  YOU are proving it for us with every post. Keep talking, idiot.
How are the Velcro flaps on all of your shoes working out for you? Does mommy let you sit in the big boy chair yet?

You are one of the stupidest people I've ever encountered and the best advocate of my arguments. Stick around!

As much as I hate to say this, Taq is rather smart. He is vile. But smart. Trifle with him at your own risk.

Watching you goad him into responding to you is like watching a kitten bat around a grenade. Its cute to watch until he explodes.

07-05-2014, 12:58 PM
(07-05-2014 12:52 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 12:49 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  See. Here is your problem. You can't read. Or, you can, but you fail to comprehend what words mean.

I said,

And what you said was bullshit. Because you can read, but only as far as it suits your views.

If you are going to argue, you better come up with something a lot better than standard I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I as a response. No Yikes.

07-05-2014, 01:01 PM
(07-05-2014 12:46 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  http://www.cidd.psu.edu/research/synopse...apertussis

No one is saying that vaccines are perfect, you fucking idiot, and the fight against pandemics is dynamic and by its very nature it is always a game of catch-up. It's a hell of a lot more complicated than YOU think, asshole.

07-05-2014, 01:04 PM
(07-05-2014 12:51 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 12:37 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  YOU are proving it for us with every post. Keep talking, idiot.

Was this supposed to be some sort of witty retort? Might have been impressive in third grade.