Poll: What is your opinion of Vaccines/Vaccine Policy?
Vaccines saved the world. Bring them on.
I don't entirely trust big pharma, but vaccines have done more good than harm.
Some vaccines are effective and useful. Some are not.
Vaccines are of questionable value, like many pharmaceuticals, but I might want one if an epidemic hits.
Vaccines cause more health problems than they prevent. Parents and individuals should have the right to refuse any/all of them.
Vaccines are part of a population-reduction conspiracy on the part of the global elite and are intended to sterilize/kill as many as possible.
[Show Results]

Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged
(07-05-2014 02:07 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  As for nutrition: In a healthy person, it keeps the immune system ready to respond and limit proliferation of pathogens so that toxic byproducts do not accumulate sufficiently to cause lasting harm, while antibodies and immune cells remove the pathogen and create memory in case of later exposure.

If the immune system is healthy enough to respond and to fight off vaccine-preventable diseases, then it’s strong enough to fight off the tiny amounts of dead or weakened pathogens present in any of the vaccines.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 02:34 PM
(07-05-2014 02:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 02:25 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Congratulations, Cathym, you now do Revenent77x's thinking for him.

No sweetie I have stated this many many times before Cathy even joined this site. Anti-vaxxers are either conmen or conned; there is nothing there so either you are the scum of the earth trying to make a profit off of peoples suffering or you are an idiot falling for a smoke and mirror job. My guess is probably the later since you post articles that disprove your own talking points. When your founding Guru has been completely exposed as a quack and summarily drummed out of the medical profession you have to be stupid or desperate to believe his bullshit.
Hahahahahahahahaha! I needed a good laugh.

Run off back to your intellectual circle jerk now, Timmy.
07-05-2014, 02:38 PM
(07-05-2014 02:34 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 02:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No sweetie I have stated this many many times before Cathy even joined this site. Anti-vaxxers are either conmen or conned; there is nothing there so either you are the scum of the earth trying to make a profit off of peoples suffering or you are an idiot falling for a smoke and mirror job. My guess is probably the later since you post articles that disprove your own talking points. When your founding Guru has been completely exposed as a quack and summarily drummed out of the medical profession you have to be stupid or desperate to believe his bullshit.
Hahahahahahahahaha! I needed a good laugh.

Run off back to your intellectual circle jerk now, Timmy.

Out of curiosity as a journalist does the weekly world news pay well? I assume that is where you are employed given your writing skills and the way you fact check.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-05-2014, 02:43 PM
(07-05-2014 02:07 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Hey Taq, your pal Cathym quotes from the article: "1) genetic changes in B. pertussis", listed as one cause of lack of efficacy of the vaccine. You said that mutation of pathogens has fuck-all to do with vaccines. Care to revise your position, or are you too busy "exploding" on me?

Mutation of viruses is NATURALLY occurring. This is what Taq said. That is exactly what "Genetic Changes In B. Pertussis" means, dipshit.

Its not due to the vaccine, but that the vaccine no longer can fight against this particular mutation of the virus. Either you are too stupid to know the difference, or you are too dishonest to admit it.

Also, those fact checking skills of yours really need some improvement. Taq and I are anything but "pals"

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
07-05-2014, 02:45 PM
(07-05-2014 02:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 02:07 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  As for nutrition: In a healthy person, it keeps the immune system ready to respond and limit proliferation of pathogens so that toxic byproducts do not accumulate sufficiently to cause lasting harm, while antibodies and immune cells remove the pathogen and create memory in case of later exposure.

If the immune system is healthy enough to respond and to fight off vaccine-preventable diseases, then it’s strong enough to fight off the tiny amounts of dead or weakened pathogens present in any of the vaccines.

And it does. Who says it doesn't? It's your strawman, you burn it.

You come here claiming to be a "reader" and imply that you love science, but don't manifest an understanding of how vaccines interact with the immune system, nor of how they are formulated. They are deliberately formulated to create a large immune response from a little antigen or sometimes just a single pathogen for a full dose of vaccine. A healthy person can easily handle that.

An unhealthy or genetically predisposed individual may readily be harmed by their own antibodies or by the adjuvants, foreign protein/genes/gene fragments, and/or preservatives used in most vaccines. Whole viruses not intended for the end-product have also been known to make it into vaccines. Do the research yourself. I won't do it for you.
07-05-2014, 02:55 PM
(07-05-2014 02:45 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 02:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  If the immune system is healthy enough to respond and to fight off vaccine-preventable diseases, then it’s strong enough to fight off the tiny amounts of dead or weakened pathogens present in any of the vaccines.

And it does. Who says it doesn't? It's your strawman, you burn it.

You come here claiming to be a "reader" and imply that you love science, but don't manifest an understanding of how vaccines interact with the immune system, nor of how they are formulated. They are deliberately formulated to create a large immune response from a little antigen or sometimes just a single pathogen for a full dose of vaccine. A healthy person can easily handle that.

An unhealthy or genetically predisposed individual may readily be harmed by their own antibodies or by the adjuvants, foreign protein/genes/gene fragments, and/or preservatives used in most vaccines. Whole viruses not intended for the end-product have also been known to make it into vaccines. Do the research yourself. I won't do it for you.

I have no idea what you are trying to say. Are you trying to claim that I said everyone can take vaccines? Are you trying to claim that I said there are no side effects for some people?

Are you seriously trying to tell me that I'm the one that doesn't understand science??!!?! This is laughable given your repeated mischaracterization of virology, biology, medicine and just about every scientific process....those same processes, BTW, that brought you antibiotics. Vaccines are just an end result of a scientific process. Which has literally brought you every medical advancement since the beginning of time. Unless you are prepared to reject everything that this scientific process has brought you, than you cannot object to one small segment when it suits your fancy to spread your moronic message. But like I said, you swell the ranks of pro-vaccinators everyday. Keep it up!. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
07-05-2014, 03:27 PM
(07-05-2014 02:43 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Mutation of viruses is NATURALLY occurring. This is what Taq said. That is exactly what "Genetic Changes In B. Pertussis" means, dipshit.

Its not due to the vaccine, but that the vaccine no longer can fight against this particular mutation of the virus. Either you are too stupid to know the difference, or you are too dishonest to admit it.

Also, those fact checking skills of yours really need some improvement. Taq and I are anything but "pals"
What Taq said was:
(07-05-2014 09:02 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Mutation of pathogens (as with any other organism) occurs naturally and has not a fucking thing to do with vaccinations. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

When a pathogen mutates naturally and the vaccine no longer covers the mutation, it's relevant to continued use of the vaccine. In that sense it has "a fucking thing to do with vaccines", and Taq is wrong.

I did not say that vaccines cause the mutation. What I will say, however, is that pathogens do mutate, and if vaccines don't adapt, efficacy rates claimed by the CDC and manufacturers may well be meaningless in relation to the mutation.

I was not being the least bit serious when I said Taq was your pal. Taq eats his pals. Fact check that.
07-05-2014, 03:28 PM
I would have given up at the point where the articles I was posting that I claimed to support my position were in fact debunking them. You have to be a special kind of thick to not relent after that type of repeated embarrassment.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
07-05-2014, 03:29 PM
(07-05-2014 03:27 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 02:43 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Mutation of viruses is NATURALLY occurring. This is what Taq said. That is exactly what "Genetic Changes In B. Pertussis" means, dipshit.

What Taq said was:
(07-05-2014 09:02 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Mutation of pathogens (as with any other organism) occurs naturally and has not a fucking thing to do with vaccinations. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

When a pathogen mutates naturally and the vaccine no longer covers the mutation, it's relevant to continued use of the vaccine. In that sense it has "a fucking thing to do with vaccines", and Taq is wrong.

I did not say that vaccines cause the mutation. What I will say, however, is that pathogens do mutate, and if vaccines don't adapt, efficacy rates claimed by the CDC and manufacturers may well be meaningless in relation to the mutation.

I was not being the least bit serious when I said Taq was your pal. Taq eats his pals. Fact check that.
Facepalm

07-05-2014, 03:44 PM
(07-05-2014 03:27 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  I was not being the least bit serious when I said Taq was your pal. Taq eats his pals. Fact check that.

It just so happens that Taq ate me last night. His tongue...absolute magic. Drooling

[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post