Poll: What is your opinion of Vaccines/Vaccine Policy?
Vaccines saved the world. Bring them on.
I don't entirely trust big pharma, but vaccines have done more good than harm.
Some vaccines are effective and useful. Some are not.
Vaccines are of questionable value, like many pharmaceuticals, but I might want one if an epidemic hits.
Vaccines cause more health problems than they prevent. Parents and individuals should have the right to refuse any/all of them.
Vaccines are part of a population-reduction conspiracy on the part of the global elite and are intended to sterilize/kill as many as possible.
[Show Results]

Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 06:44 PM
RE: Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged
(07-05-2014 05:36 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  People throughout this thread have been adamant that vaccines are the only thing keeping us from putting everyone around us at risk of massive outbreaks of disease.

Right. Higher vaccines means lower instances of outbreaks. In diseases such as mumps and measles and polio, that were nearly erradicated in the US, have now made a reappearance. Which is in tandem with the rise in anti-vax idiots refusing the vaccine. Coincidence? Me thinks not. The medical community agrees it's no coincidence either.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 07:00 PM
(07-05-2014 06:44 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 05:36 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  People throughout this thread have been adamant that vaccines are the only thing keeping us from putting everyone around us at risk of massive outbreaks of disease.

Right. Higher vaccines means lower instances of outbreaks. In diseases such as mumps and measles and polio, that were nearly erradicated in the US, have now made a reappearance. Which is in tandem with the rise in anti-vax idiots refusing the vaccine. Coincidence? Me thinks not. The medical community agrees it's no coincidence either.

Can you demonstrate causality? Mortality or morbidity figures? What measures in western medical treatment affected outcomes?

I'm genuinely interested in good data, regardless of what you think of my bias. Real science - untainted by politics and profit motive - has a great deal yet to tell us about why disease kills some and leaves others unscathed, and about long-term effects of every kind of intervention from vaccines to grizzly bear gall bladder ;-) ...and everything in between.

Would I take my chances with Ebola? Nope. But that doesn't mean I'm going to rush to get the vaccine the first time a case is reported in North America. It will have to strike closer to home before I believe broad use of a vaccine is warranted, and I'd like to study the disease further so I'm not simply afraid of the unknown.
07-05-2014, 09:05 PM
(07-05-2014 04:16 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 01:01 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  No one is saying that vaccines are perfect, you fucking idiot, and the fight against pandemics is dynamic and by its very nature it is always a game of catch-up. It's a hell of a lot more complicated than YOU think, asshole.
I've been here fighting against the notion that vaccines are perfect and have been the greatest factor in lower numbers of infectious disease deaths and disabilities in developed countries, saying that 'it's a hell of a lot more complicated than people think', and now that it turns out we agree on something, you call me an asshole.

You're a strange little man, Taq.

You have been strawmanning as hard as you can. NO ONE here has said that vaccines are "perfect", you disingenuous lying son of a bitch. It IS true that vaccines have been the greatest factor in lower numbers of infectious disease deaths and disabilities in developed countries, and yes, YOU have made it abundantly clear that you have an overly simplistic (lack of) understanding of the situation -- which I just pointed out and which you are now trying to red-herring away from. And YES, you are an asshole.

And I'm not little at all, fucktard.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-05-2014, 09:13 PM
(07-05-2014 09:05 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 04:16 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  I've been here fighting against the notion that vaccines are perfect and have been the greatest factor in lower numbers of infectious disease deaths and disabilities in developed countries, saying that 'it's a hell of a lot more complicated than people think', and now that it turns out we agree on something, you call me an asshole.

You're a strange little man, Taq.

You have been strawmanning as hard as you can. NO ONE here has said that vaccines are "perfect", you disingenuous lying son of a bitch. It IS true that vaccines have been the greatest factor in lower numbers of infectious disease deaths and disabilities in developed countries, and yes, YOU have made it abundantly clear that you have an overly simplistic (lack of) understanding of the situation -- which I just pointed out and which you are now trying to red-herring away from. And YES, you are an asshole.

Meh, Taq, give it up, Magellan will just rearrange the deck chairs to suit his purpose. Drinking Beverage

Which reminds me, Magellan, you told Hughsie you like our community, yet you haven't participated in a single thread other than this one.

Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-05-2014, 09:18 PM
[Image: anY0mq0_460s_v1.jpg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
07-05-2014, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 09:27 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(07-05-2014 07:00 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  I'm genuinely interested in good data, regardless of what you think of my bias.

OBVIOUSLY not.

Quote:Real science - untainted by politics and profit motive - has a great deal yet to tell us about why disease kills some and leaves others unscathed, and about long-term effects of every kind of intervention from vaccines to grizzly bear gall bladder ;-) ...and everything in between.

The reason polio is so rare now is precisely because we were able to develop a vaccine. The reason we don't see smallpox any more is precisely because we were finally able to develop a vaccine. SCIENCE, Bitchez. FUCK, but you are an idiot.

Quote:Would I take my chances with Ebola? Nope.

You have NO FUCKING CHOICE ABOUT IT, moron, and I'm about to tell you why, but first I am shocked -- SHOCKED -- that a self-professed "expert" like you doesn't know this:

Quote:But that doesn't mean I'm going to rush to get the vaccine the first time a case is reported in North America. It will have to strike closer to home before I believe broad use of a vaccine is warranted, and I'd like to study the disease further so I'm not simply afraid of the unknown.

So much for all this bluster about your supposed "expertise". What a fucking joke. Watch my lips:

THERE IS NO FUCKING VACCINE FOR EBOLA, FUCKTARD!

How can you not know this. Jesus Fucking AssFisting Christ.

--- which makes it pretty fucking clear that you don't know fuck about what you are talking about.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-05-2014, 10:19 PM
(07-05-2014 09:19 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 07:00 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  I'm genuinely interested in good data, regardless of what you think of my bias.

OBVIOUSLY not.

Quote:Real science - untainted by politics and profit motive - has a great deal yet to tell us about why disease kills some and leaves others unscathed, and about long-term effects of every kind of intervention from vaccines to grizzly bear gall bladder ;-) ...and everything in between.

The reason polio is so rare now is precisely because we were able to develop a vaccine. The reason we don't see smallpox any more is precisely because we were finally able to develop a vaccine. SCIENCE, Bitchez. FUCK, but you are an idiot.

Quote:Would I take my chances with Ebola? Nope.

You have NO FUCKING CHOICE ABOUT IT, moron, and I'm about to tell you why, but first I am shocked -- SHOCKED -- that a self-professed "expert" like you doesn't know this:

Quote:But that doesn't mean I'm going to rush to get the vaccine the first time a case is reported in North America. It will have to strike closer to home before I believe broad use of a vaccine is warranted, and I'd like to study the disease further so I'm not simply afraid of the unknown.

So much for all this bluster about your supposed "expertise". What a fucking joke. Watch my lips:

THERE IS NO FUCKING VACCINE FOR EBOLA, FUCKTARD!

How can you not know this. Jesus Fucking AssFisting Christ.

--- which makes it pretty fucking clear that you don't know fuck about what you are talking about.

You are the stupidest person I can remember who is capable of the written word. I was speaking hypothetically, you blithering sack of worthless shit.
07-05-2014, 10:37 PM
(07-05-2014 10:19 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  You are the stupidest person I can remember who is capable of the written word. I was speaking hypothetically, you blithering sack of worthless shit.

Project much?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-05-2014, 10:43 PM
(06-05-2014 11:57 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 04:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Don't even bother. *As if* you have the training or knowledge to debunk the CDC. You are an idiot. Please keep proving it, day by day.

Your reliance upon the CDC and other institutions with strong ties to special interests groups - rather than upon your own research and math - will make a fool of you for a lifetime.

And yes, all of my numbers came from public records, but I don't have time to coddle the naysayers who respect neither logic nor any source that disagrees with their views. Look up numbers and do some grade 8 math to see that the CDC rely upon estimates and guesses for their statistics.

Tomorrow I'll show you a few examples of CDC bungles, Pollyanna.

Yooooo hoooo. Yoooo hoooo. Um it IS tomorrow.
And don't just give us any old stats. Why now ,,, THAT would be attempting to *deflect* from the fact you have not addressed the article and the CDC's stats.
Oh you can't.
I see.

Never mind.

"And yes, all of my numbers came from public records, but I don't have time to coddle the naysayers who respect neither logic nor any source that disagrees with their views. " ----- so, what you're saying then is, you can't. I get it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-05-2014, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 11:13 PM by Magellan35.)
(07-05-2014 09:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 09:05 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You have been strawmanning as hard as you can. NO ONE here has said that vaccines are "perfect", you disingenuous lying son of a bitch. It IS true that vaccines have been the greatest factor in lower numbers of infectious disease deaths and disabilities in developed countries, and yes, YOU have made it abundantly clear that you have an overly simplistic (lack of) understanding of the situation -- which I just pointed out and which you are now trying to red-herring away from. And YES, you are an asshole.

Meh, Taq, give it up, Magellan will just rearrange the deck chairs to suit his purpose. Drinking Beverage

Which reminds me, Magellan, you told Hughsie you like our community, yet you haven't participated in a single thread other than this one.

Consider

I meant it. I'm just busy with family and work. I think this thread should die. It's too divisive a topic and everyone is passionate and immovable in their opinions, so I really will see you elsewhere on the forum.

I know you think the Titanic on which I'm rearranging deck chairs is my own...funny that I referred to the current paradigm as a supertanker that doesn't change course easily. There's a ship that needs to change course, all right, but I'm just a passenger on it with you.

I don't think Taq and I are going to be pals. He's too little.