Poll: What is your opinion of Vaccines/Vaccine Policy?
Vaccines saved the world. Bring them on.
I don't entirely trust big pharma, but vaccines have done more good than harm.
Some vaccines are effective and useful. Some are not.
Vaccines are of questionable value, like many pharmaceuticals, but I might want one if an epidemic hits.
Vaccines cause more health problems than they prevent. Parents and individuals should have the right to refuse any/all of them.
Vaccines are part of a population-reduction conspiracy on the part of the global elite and are intended to sterilize/kill as many as possible.
[Show Results]

Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged
(07-05-2014 11:08 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 09:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Meh, Taq, give it up, Magellan will just rearrange the deck chairs to suit his purpose. Drinking Beverage

Which reminds me, Magellan, you told Hughsie you like our community, yet you haven't participated in a single thread other than this one.

Consider

I meant it. I'm just busy with family and work. I think this thread should die. It's too divisive a topic and everyone is passionate and immovable in their opinions, so I really will see you elsewhere on the forum.

I don't think Taq and I are going to be pals, though. He's too little.

To divisive a topic?

Judging by your poll 91% of people on this forum think you're full of shit. I know it's a small sample group but your continued presence here will only increase the sample group and sure up the numbers. Why don't you do yourself a favor and just forget that you joined this forum.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
07-05-2014, 11:38 PM
[Image: 1604926_793330457354634_5328908833507069600_n.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-05-2014, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 12:14 AM by EvolutionKills.)

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-05-2014, 05:11 AM
(07-05-2014 11:23 PM)Crulax Wrote:  To divisive a topic?

Judging by your poll 91% of people on this forum think you're full of shit. I know it's a small sample group but your continued presence here will only increase the sample group and sure up the numbers. Why don't you do yourself a favor and just forget that you joined this forum.
I'm surprised that the number is that high. I expected better from atheists, but not everyone here got to atheism through critical thinking or awareness of how corruption and profit motive undermine institutions that the naive people believe exist for the purpose of "saving babies".

The group psychology evidenced by comments in this thread is that of a religion, and it's clear to me that I walked into a church and started pissing on the cross.

One thing that caught me off guard was the fact that so many people fail to understand how sources work. A source does not have to support a thesis; it has to support the statement that precedes reference to the source. Often the best way to prove that a statement is true or likely true is to demonstrate that those who disagree with your thesis nonetheless accept the fact being referenced.

I read all of my references, most quite thoroughly, and don't mind when those who wrote them - or are interviewed within them - disagree with me. The purpose in my use of any reference is to demonstrate that the last statement I've made is supportable, and not that the source supports the main thesis. To those who fail to understand that, you have my undying contempt. Grow up, especially you, little Taq.

If you go through life looking only for those who agree with you, you won't learn much. Apparently, 91% are incapable of learning anything of value on this subject, and I find that that suits me fine. Pollyanna has nothing on you, and I hope you have the good fortune to live to 120 and never catch on that most of the institutions in this world are crooked as hell and never gave a shit that you existed.

Cheers, and good health to all (but not to those who are religiously devoted to failed public health policies)
08-05-2014, 05:24 AM
(07-05-2014 10:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 11:57 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Your reliance upon the CDC and other institutions with strong ties to special interests groups - rather than upon your own research and math - will make a fool of you for a lifetime.

And yes, all of my numbers came from public records, but I don't have time to coddle the naysayers who respect neither logic nor any source that disagrees with their views. Look up numbers and do some grade 8 math to see that the CDC rely upon estimates and guesses for their statistics.

Tomorrow I'll show you a few examples of CDC bungles, Pollyanna.

Yooooo hoooo. Yoooo hoooo. Um it IS tomorrow.
And don't just give us any old stats. Why now ,,, THAT would be attempting to *deflect* from the fact you have not addressed the article and the CDC's stats.
Oh you can't.
I see.

Never mind.

"And yes, all of my numbers came from public records, but I don't have time to coddle the naysayers who respect neither logic nor any source that disagrees with their views. " ----- so, what you're saying then is, you can't. I get it.

Nah, I just gave up on you. It wasn't worth the effort. Nonetheless, here is just one example of how the CDC foments fear to support the jab: http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB124217724...reno64-wsj

It's similar with the fear-mongering measles "data" you shared from their site, which represented the worst effects of measles in the third world and has little to do with outcomes in North America.

Believe me or not (you won't).

I've unsubscribed from the thread. Commence congratulating yourselves on how you've "won" while I laugh my ass off at how small-minded and unevolved most people are.
08-05-2014, 05:26 AM
(27-04-2014 07:48 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  It's a conundrum for someone like me, who thinks the human race mostly sucks and needs to be reduced by half.

Ya know, they say charity begins at home. So be charitable...

[Image: 4286-kill-yourself.jpg]

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-05-2014, 05:40 AM
(08-05-2014 05:24 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 10:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yooooo hoooo. Yoooo hoooo. Um it IS tomorrow.
And don't just give us any old stats. Why now ,,, THAT would be attempting to *deflect* from the fact you have not addressed the article and the CDC's stats.
Oh you can't.
I see.

Never mind.

"And yes, all of my numbers came from public records, but I don't have time to coddle the naysayers who respect neither logic nor any source that disagrees with their views. " ----- so, what you're saying then is, you can't. I get it.

Nah, I just gave up on you. It wasn't worth the effort. Nonetheless, here is just one example of how the CDC foments fear to support the jab: http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB124217724...reno64-wsj

It's similar with the fear-mongering measles "data" you shared from their site, which represented the worst effects of measles in the third world and has little to do with outcomes in North America.

I've unsubscribed from the thread. Commence congratulating yourselves on how you've "won" while I laugh my ass off at how small-minded and unevolved most people are.

Nope. You actually CAN'T refute the CDC stats, partly because you're incompetent to hold ANY discussion in the field as you have NO education in the field, and partly because there are no stats to refute the CDC, as if there were, it would be a career maker for a REAL scientist.

You go right ahead and laugh your ass off. You've successfully make a fool of yourself. "Small-minded" and "unevolved" means "agree with my nonsense, or you're an idiot".

You really should contact William Lane Craig.
You would be right at home on "Reasonable Faith".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-05-2014, 05:49 AM
(08-05-2014 05:24 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 10:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yooooo hoooo. Yoooo hoooo. Um it IS tomorrow.
Oh you can't.
I see.

Never mind.

Wouldn't it be ironic if you contracted a childhood disease because you aren't vaccinated? Consider Laughat

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
08-05-2014, 06:34 AM
(08-05-2014 05:11 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 11:23 PM)Crulax Wrote:  To divisive a topic?

I'm surprised that the number is that high. I expected better from atheists, but not everyone here got to atheism through critical thinking or awareness of how corruption and profit motive undermine institutions that the naive people believe exist for the purpose of "saving babies".

The group psychology evidenced by comments in this thread is that of a religion, and it's clear to me that I walked into a church and started pissing on the cross.

One thing that caught me off guard was the fact that so many people fail to understand how sources work. A source does not have to support a thesis; it has to support the statement that precedes reference to the source. Often the best way to prove that a statement is true or likely true is to demonstrate that those who disagree with your thesis nonetheless accept the fact being referenced.

I read all of my references, most quite thoroughly, and don't mind when those who wrote them - or are interviewed within them - disagree with me. The purpose in my use of any reference is to demonstrate that the last statement I've made is supportable, and not that the source supports the main thesis. To those who fail to understand that, you have my undying contempt. Grow up, especially you, little Taq.

If you go through life looking only for those who agree with you, you won't learn much. Apparently, 91% are incapable of learning anything of value on this subject, and I find that that suits me fine. Pollyanna has nothing on you, and I hope you have the good fortune to live to 120 and never catch on that most of the institutions in this world are crooked as hell and never gave a shit that you existed.

Cheers, and good health to all (but not to those who are religiously devoted to failed public health policies)

Excerpt that all your "source" data you cited actually debunked your talking points. Consider

I have to say that must be embarrassing.

You wanted critical thinking. It doesn't negate our ability of critical thinking just because you are FUCKING WRONG!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
08-05-2014, 08:31 AM
(07-05-2014 10:19 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 09:19 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  OBVIOUSLY not.

The reason polio is so rare now is precisely because we were able to develop a vaccine. The reason we don't see smallpox any more is precisely because we were finally able to develop a vaccine. SCIENCE, Bitchez. FUCK, but you are an idiot.

You have NO FUCKING CHOICE ABOUT IT, moron, and I'm about to tell you why, but first I am shocked -- SHOCKED -- that a self-professed "expert" like you doesn't know this:

So much for all this bluster about your supposed "expertise". What a fucking joke. Watch my lips:

THERE IS NO FUCKING VACCINE FOR EBOLA, FUCKTARD!

How can you not know this. Jesus Fucking AssFisting Christ.

--- which makes it pretty fucking clear that you don't know fuck about what you are talking about.

You are the stupidest person I can remember who is capable of the written word. I was speaking hypothetically, you blithering sack of worthless shit.

Translation from IdiotSpeak: "You have completely destroyed my arguments and the facade of "expertise" I threw up, and now all I have left is spitting silly ad homs."

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post