Poll: What is your opinion of Vaccines/Vaccine Policy?
Vaccines saved the world. Bring them on.
I don't entirely trust big pharma, but vaccines have done more good than harm.
Some vaccines are effective and useful. Some are not.
Vaccines are of questionable value, like many pharmaceuticals, but I might want one if an epidemic hits.
Vaccines cause more health problems than they prevent. Parents and individuals should have the right to refuse any/all of them.
Vaccines are part of a population-reduction conspiracy on the part of the global elite and are intended to sterilize/kill as many as possible.
[Show Results]

Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 08:37 AM
RE: Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged
(07-05-2014 11:08 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 09:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Meh, Taq, give it up, Magellan will just rearrange the deck chairs to suit his purpose. Drinking Beverage

Which reminds me, Magellan, you told Hughsie you like our community, yet you haven't participated in a single thread other than this one.

Consider

I meant it. I'm just busy with family and work. I think this thread should die. It's too divisive a topic and everyone is passionate and immovable in their opinions, so I really will see you elsewhere on the forum.

Oh, look -- just about the same thing the idiot who came in here spouting batshit vegan-religion tripe said when HE got his head handed to him, and now here you are tucking your tail and running in precisely the same way after getting YOUR head handed to you over YOUR batshit anti-vax religion tripe.

How droll.

Quote:I know you think the Titanic on which I'm rearranging deck chairs is my own...funny that I referred to the current paradigm as a supertanker that doesn't change course easily. There's a ship that needs to change course, all right, but I'm just a passenger on it with you.

And you are too fucking stupid to figure out that she is referring to the constant shifting of goal posts and tap dancing you have been doing here.

Quote:I don't think Taq and I are going to be pals. He's too little.

Was that supposed to be some sort of witty quip? Might have been just a little bit funny in kindergarten.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 08:56 AM
(08-05-2014 05:11 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 11:23 PM)Crulax Wrote:  To divisive a topic?

Judging by your poll 91% of people on this forum think you're full of shit. I know it's a small sample group but your continued presence here will only increase the sample group and sure up the numbers. Why don't you do yourself a favor and just forget that you joined this forum.
I'm surprised that the number is that high. I expected better from atheists, but not everyone here got to atheism through critical thinking or awareness of how corruption and profit motive undermine institutions that the naive people believe exist for the purpose of "saving babies".

The group psychology evidenced by comments in this thread is that of a religion, and it's clear to me that I walked into a church and started pissing on the cross.

One thing that caught me off guard was the fact that so many people fail to understand how sources work. A source does not have to support a thesis; it has to support the statement that precedes reference to the source. Often the best way to prove that a statement is true or likely true is to demonstrate that those who disagree with your thesis nonetheless accept the fact being referenced.

I read all of my references, most quite thoroughly, and don't mind when those who wrote them - or are interviewed within them - disagree with me. The purpose in my use of any reference is to demonstrate that the last statement I've made is supportable, and not that the source supports the main thesis. To those who fail to understand that, you have my undying contempt. Grow up, especially you, little Taq.

If you go through life looking only for those who agree with you, you won't learn much. Apparently, 91% are incapable of learning anything of value on this subject, and I find that that suits me fine. Pollyanna has nothing on you, and I hope you have the good fortune to live to 120 and never catch on that most of the institutions in this world are crooked as hell and never gave a shit that you existed.

Cheers, and good health to all (but not to those who are religiously devoted to failed public health policies)

[Image: crazy-talk.gif]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
08-05-2014, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 09:59 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(08-05-2014 05:11 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 11:23 PM)Crulax Wrote:  To divisive a topic?

Judging by your poll 91% of people on this forum think you're full of shit. I know it's a small sample group but your continued presence here will only increase the sample group and sure up the numbers. Why don't you do yourself a favor and just forget that you joined this forum.
I'm surprised that the number is that high. I expected better from atheists,

LOL -- "better" -- You got far better than your batshit religion deserves, moron, you are just too fucking stupid to know what is good and what is not good.

Quote:but not everyone here got to atheism through critical thinking...

[Image: 49571613.jpg]

Quote: ...or awareness of how corruption and profit motive undermine institutions that the naive people believe exist for the purpose of "saving babies".

[Image: 49036250.jpg]

Quote:The group psychology evidenced by comments in this thread is that of a religion, and it's clear to me that I walked into a church and started pissing on the cross.

I just love it when trolls throw a hissy fit and flounce. When they really, really know they have had their asses kicked, without exception they go into this faux-psychology routine in which they try to "analyze" the forum members through the filter of their own confirmation bias. And they reveal SOOOOOOOOOOOO much about themselves when they do it. I really do love it. I live for it.

[Image: tumblr_min1yu2Jo91r3k1m8o1_500.png]

Quote:One thing that caught me off guard was the fact that so many people fail to understand how sources work.

YOU are the son of a bitch who fails to understand how sources work. And you demonstrated it handily, over and over, by citing sources that destroy the claims you were trying to support with them.

Quote:A source does not have to support a thesis; it has to support the statement that precedes reference to the source. Often the best way to prove that a statement is true or likely true is to demonstrate that those who disagree with your thesis nonetheless accept the fact being referenced.

We are WELL AWARE of how to cite sources, moron. WE are the ones who have been correcting YOU on YOUR poor use of sources. At the same time, when you cite a source, you introduce that WHOLE source into evidence, and anything in it can be used against your previous statement anx also against your case. You can't cherry-pick whatever you want and cry foul when your source is turned against you -- or turns out to destroy your entire batshit conspiracy-theory religion in one fell swoop.

Quote:I read all of my references, most quite thoroughly,

OBVIOUSLY not. But it is not enough just to read YOUR references. YOU have failed to avail yourself to information that debunks your batshit anti-vax religion -- this is called CONFIRMATION BIAS -- and you have made a public ass out of yourself for your sins.

Quote: and don't mind when those who wrote them - or are interviewed within them - disagree with me.

You reveal far more about yourself with that statement than you know.

It's NOT fucking good.

Quote: The purpose in my use of any reference is to demonstrate that the last statement I've made is supportable, and not that the source supports the main thesis.

No one has claimed otherwise. Too bad for you that you cite sources that backfire in your face and destroy your own claims.

Quote: To those who fail to understand that, you have my undying contempt. Grow up, especially you, little Taq.

No one here fails to understand sources, and your "undying contempt" is misplaced. You should reserve it for the idiot who got you into this hole here: YOU.

And I absolutely REFUSE to grow up. Ever. Fuck you.

Quote:If you go through life looking only for those who agree with you,

.....you mean, go through life doing what YOU are doing....

Quote: you won't learn much.

Funny that this lesson escapes YOU.

Quote:Apparently, 91% are incapable of learning anything of value on this subject, and I find that that suits me fine.

OH, look -- more WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINING!

"Learning anything of value" to you = "drink the Kool-Aid".

Quote: Pollyanna has nothing on you, and I hope you have the good fortune to live to 120 and never catch on that most of the institutions in this world are crooked as hell and never gave a shit that you existed.

Are you really so fucking naive as to think that we are unaware of this? That's all you've GOT? Institutions are populate with fucking PEOPLE, after all. You take the fucking cake, moron.

Quote:Cheers, and good health to all (but not to those who are religiously devoted to failed public health policies)

[Image: 49572551.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
08-05-2014, 09:10 AM
(08-05-2014 05:24 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  I've unsubscribed from the thread.

[Image: axNeLO1_460sa.gif]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
08-05-2014, 09:34 AM
(08-05-2014 05:24 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 10:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yooooo hoooo. Yoooo hoooo. Um it IS tomorrow.
And don't just give us any old stats. Why now ,,, THAT would be attempting to *deflect* from the fact you have not addressed the article and the CDC's stats.
Oh you can't.
I see.

Never mind.

"And yes, all of my numbers came from public records, but I don't have time to coddle the naysayers who respect neither logic nor any source that disagrees with their views. " ----- so, what you're saying then is, you can't. I get it.

Nah, I just gave up on you. It wasn't worth the effort. Nonetheless, here is just one example of how the CDC foments fear to support the jab: http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB124217724...reno64-wsj

It's similar with the fear-mongering measles "data" you shared from their site, which represented the worst effects of measles in the third world and has little to do with outcomes in North America.

Believe me or not (you won't).

I've unsubscribed from the thread. Commence congratulating yourselves on how you've "won" while I laugh my ass off at how small-minded and unevolved most people are.

Unsubscribed from the thread you started? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-05-2014, 09:36 AM
(08-05-2014 09:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:24 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Nah, I just gave up on you. It wasn't worth the effort. Nonetheless, here is just one example of how the CDC foments fear to support the jab: http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB124217724...reno64-wsj

It's similar with the fear-mongering measles "data" you shared from their site, which represented the worst effects of measles in the third world and has little to do with outcomes in North America.

I've unsubscribed from the thread. Commence congratulating yourselves on how you've "won" while I laugh my ass off at how small-minded and unevolved most people are.

Unsubscribed from the thread you started? Consider

I believe this is an adequate visual.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-05-2014, 09:41 AM
(08-05-2014 05:24 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 10:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yooooo hoooo. Yoooo hoooo. Um it IS tomorrow.
And don't just give us any old stats. Why now ,,, THAT would be attempting to *deflect* from the fact you have not addressed the article and the CDC's stats.
Oh you can't.
I see.

Never mind.

"And yes, all of my numbers came from public records, but I don't have time to coddle the naysayers who respect neither logic nor any source that disagrees with their views. " ----- so, what you're saying then is, you can't. I get it.

Nah, I just gave up on you. It wasn't worth the effort. Nonetheless, here is just one example of how the CDC foments fear to support the jab: http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB124217724...reno64-wsj

A goodbye and an insult...and he's laughing at us...the horror of it all. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-05-2014, 09:56 AM
(07-05-2014 11:08 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 09:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Meh, Taq, give it up, Magellan will just rearrange the deck chairs to suit his purpose. Drinking Beverage

Which reminds me, Magellan, you told Hughsie you like our community, yet you haven't participated in a single thread other than this one.

Consider

I meant it. I'm just busy with family and work. I think this thread should die. It's too divisive a topic and everyone is passionate and immovable in their opinions, so I really will see you elsewhere on the forum.

I know you think the Titanic on which I'm rearranging deck chairs is my own...
I don't think Taq and I are going to be pals. He's too little.

You think this thread should die? Stop trying to defend it. Start posting elsewhere....and divisive? You know you're speaking of yourself as well? Right? I find that people often use words like "divisive" when they feel they are right and everyone else seems against their premise. Especially since our community doesn't appear split very much on this. You can sugar coat your words anyway you choose but saying everyone is passionate and immovable -- Why because they have the audacity to dismiss your opinion?

I was not thinking of the doomed vessel Titanic when I mentioned "deck chairs." Your argument mutates to serve your purpose. Your appeal to [your own] authority does little for me since I haven't a clue about you. People like yourself are a dime a dozen on the internet, and like many others, your view is myopic.

I'm going to attempt to remain open-minded about you until you've interacted more in other areas and on topics other than vaccinations -- or anything to do with that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Damn! He left before I could ask him about Bigfoot!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
08-05-2014, 10:20 AM
(08-05-2014 09:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Especially since our community doesn't appear split very much on this. You can sugar coat your words anyway you choose but saying everyone is passionate and immovable -- Why because they have the audacity to dismiss your opinion?

But of course. His super-manly (see references to physical strength, always a marker of class) Journalistic Integrity (which needs not such things as education or even basic reading comprehension) will overcome the Vast Pharmaceutical Conspiracy (!) through the force of self-importance. Since he is such a special open-minded snowflake (contrast all of us sheeple) any opposition to his (masterfully explored and substantiated) SHOCKING REVELATION is inevitably born of brainwashed complicity in said aforementioned Vast Shadowy Conspiracy.

I would be very interested in a study of how the emergence of the internet in the 90s enabled this particular personality type to bloom so prolifically. It's a special kind of benighted fuckwit, but goddamn if they aren't a dime a dozen.
(that's very much bloom in the algal sense, of course)

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post