Poll: What is your opinion of Vaccines/Vaccine Policy?
Vaccines saved the world. Bring them on.
I don't entirely trust big pharma, but vaccines have done more good than harm.
Some vaccines are effective and useful. Some are not.
Vaccines are of questionable value, like many pharmaceuticals, but I might want one if an epidemic hits.
Vaccines cause more health problems than they prevent. Parents and individuals should have the right to refuse any/all of them.
Vaccines are part of a population-reduction conspiracy on the part of the global elite and are intended to sterilize/kill as many as possible.
[Show Results]

Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 09:09 AM
RE: Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged
(29-04-2014 09:01 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 08:41 AM)cjlr Wrote:  That's a delightfully vacuous dodge.

Actual statistics are not fear-mongering.

But you are pretty good at conjuring phantasmal bogeymen to hide from. That's nothing if not fear-based.

Your "actual statistics" will demonstrate that the vast majority of people on this planet who die from infectious disease in any given year are old, infirm, malnourished, overexposed to environmental toxins, and/or have a genetic predisposition that hinders immune response or complicates recovery.

Death is sad. People die. All of this terrified intervention to "prevent death" doesn't prevent death (or do you know someone immortal?). It is you who fails to see reality for what it is.

Except that vaccines protect the old, infirm, the young, etc. In two main ways:
1. By immunizing them against the virus, increasing their resistance and preventing illness in most cases
and 2. By preventing healthy people from acting as carriers for a disease. A perfectly healthy person can carry an infection from person to person and give the disease to otherwise unexposed elderly, infirm, and young people. Vaccines reduce the number of carriers, thus reducing the likelihood of exposure for the vulnerable.

I find it funny that you accept that "death happens", but freak out at the barest hint that vaccines might have a negative effect, no matter how tenuous or unsubstantiated the claim. Why are you scared? People die. They die a little later on average when society uses vaccines.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post
29-04-2014, 10:27 AM
(29-04-2014 09:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Except that vaccines protect the old, infirm, the young, etc. In two main ways:
1. By immunizing them against the virus, increasing their resistance and preventing illness in most cases
and 2. By preventing healthy people from acting as carriers for a disease. A perfectly healthy person can carry an infection from person to person and give the disease to otherwise unexposed elderly, infirm, and young people. Vaccines reduce the number of carriers, thus reducing the likelihood of exposure for the vulnerable.

NO MAN CONSPIRACY LOL SCIENCE R CORRUPT AN WRONG I M SO SMRTER

(29-04-2014 09:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I find it funny that you accept that "death happens", but freak out at the barest hint that vaccines might have a negative effect, no matter how tenuous or unsubstantiated the claim. Why are you scared? People die. They die a little later on average when society uses vaccines.

I know, right? It's like he can't math or something.

... this is my signature!
29-04-2014, 11:29 AM
(29-04-2014 09:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 09:01 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Your "actual statistics" will demonstrate that the vast majority of people on this planet who die from infectious disease in any given year are old, infirm, malnourished, overexposed to environmental toxins, and/or have a genetic predisposition that hinders immune response or complicates recovery.

Death is sad. People die. All of this terrified intervention to "prevent death" doesn't prevent death (or do you know someone immortal?). It is you who fails to see reality for what it is.

Except that vaccines protect the old, infirm, the young, etc. In two main ways:

I find it funny that you accept that "death happens", but freak out at the barest hint that vaccines might have a negative effect, no matter how tenuous or unsubstantiated the claim. Why are you scared? People die. They die a little later on average when society uses vaccines.

I respect your right to disagree with me. However, I find the evidence that industry has the answers to longer and better life to be a mixed bag. See http://www.vaccinationinformationnetwork...phs-show/.

As nutrition declines and sources of toxic exposure proliferate in the most heavily medicated and vaccinated population on earth, life expectancy in the U.S. is now falling, infant mortality is higher than in most developed nations, and more people are chronically ill than...well, possibly ever. I think the biggest gains in longevity are behind us and came from improved food and water supplies, better sanitation and nursing, and proper quarantine measures. It's been a long slide into McD's and Vioxx from there...

I'm pretty well done arguing here. I've shared what I came to share and see little point in trying to change the worldview of people on this forum.

I don't believe in god or the "perfection" of human design, or even that evolution has done a particularly great job. What I do believe is that we are pushing the limits of how far we can go to pretend we are separate from nature and can manufacture good health.

Cheers.
29-04-2014, 11:52 AM
(29-04-2014 11:29 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  I'm pretty well done arguing here. I've shared TROLLED what I came to share TROLL and see little point in trying to change the worldview of people on this forum.

Good. Go the fuck away.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
29-04-2014, 12:00 PM
(29-04-2014 11:52 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 11:29 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  I'm pretty well done arguing here. I've shared TROLLED what I came to share TROLL and see little point in trying to change the worldview of people on this forum.

Good. Go the fuck away.

If I met you in person I would tie you in a knot and leave you in a gutter. Pussy.
29-04-2014, 12:06 PM
*Sees link to anti - vaccination web site*

*Flails arms*

WARNING! WARNING Will Robinson! DANGER! DANGER!

Much cheers to all (With a caveat to any anti - vaccination complete screw balls!)
29-04-2014, 01:01 PM
(29-04-2014 09:01 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Death is sad. People die. All of this terrified intervention to "prevent death" doesn't prevent death (or do you know someone immortal?). It is you who fails to see reality for what it is.

Ah, there we have it. Tell me, was this sudden notion that all medicine is bollocks because we all gotta die sometime the silly conclusion that you were trying to slip in all along, or simply a last ditch desperate attempt at defending your viewpoint when you realized that everyone outed you as a run-of-the-mill tinfoil hat buffoon that you clearly are?
29-04-2014, 01:05 PM
(29-04-2014 01:01 PM)Elcarch Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 09:01 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Death is sad. People die. All of this terrified intervention to "prevent death" doesn't prevent death (or do you know someone immortal?). It is you who fails to see reality for what it is.

Ah, there we have it. Tell me, was this sudden notion that all medicine is bollocks because we all gotta die sometime the silly conclusion that you were trying to slip in all along, or simply a last ditch desperate attempt at defending your viewpoint when you realized that everyone outed you as a run-of-the-mill tinfoil hat buffoon that you clearly are?

Some medicine is very useful. Not all. Shit, it sounds like you'd prefer drugs to food. You should leave your keyboard and go outside where the real world happens. What a tool.
29-04-2014, 01:09 PM
The idea of watching one my children or grandchildren suffer, and possibly die, of a disease that can effectively be prevented through immunization is just not something I can understand.

Granted, there are people with compromised immune systems that shouldn't have immunizations and that is understandable.

The argument from people who had a flu shot and then came down with the flu need to understand that they had probably already been exposed to the virus and were in the process of getting sick at the time of the shot.

That said - we have no preventative medications that are 100% effective for 100% of the people.

I can't believe the anti-vaxer stance carries any weight with people other than the conspiracy crowd.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
29-04-2014, 01:14 PM
(29-04-2014 01:05 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Some medicine is very useful. Not all. Shit, it sounds like you'd prefer drugs to food. You should leave your keyboard and go outside where the real world happens. What a tool.

*Politely raises appendage*

Might I ask your opinion on which medicines are bad and which are bane?

Might I also ask politely perhaps for you to expand on your 'Toxicity' statement a few posts back?

Much cheers to all (Except to those anti - vaccination complete screw balls)