Poll: What is your opinion of Vaccines/Vaccine Policy?
Vaccines saved the world. Bring them on.
I don't entirely trust big pharma, but vaccines have done more good than harm.
Some vaccines are effective and useful. Some are not.
Vaccines are of questionable value, like many pharmaceuticals, but I might want one if an epidemic hits.
Vaccines cause more health problems than they prevent. Parents and individuals should have the right to refuse any/all of them.
Vaccines are part of a population-reduction conspiracy on the part of the global elite and are intended to sterilize/kill as many as possible.
[Show Results]

Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged
(29-04-2014 01:05 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Some medicine is very useful. Not all. Shit, it sounds like you'd prefer drugs to food. You should leave your keyboard and go outside where the real world happens. What a tool.

That is an...interesting inference, to say the least. I'd ask you how you arrived at that conclusion, but there's all this stuff about abysses and staring that I'd rather not get into.

Though your post may explain a lot. Are you, in fact, not opposed to vaccines at all, just really confused about the meaning of the word "vaccine"? Because it doesn't QUITE mean the same thing as "LSD". You do seem awfully eager to treat vaccines as some kind of recreational drugs used for escapism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elcarch's post
29-04-2014, 01:38 PM
(27-04-2014 07:48 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  I am an atheist and a journalist. I also happen to feel that there are very few conspiracies that amount to anything but greedy capitalists doing whatever they think is necessary to maintain business as usual.

So when I say that vaccines are far more dangerous than we are being told, please understand that I very much wish it was otherwise. It was only after doing many months of research and reading hundreds of PubMed and PLoS studies that I had to admit that something is up with vaccines. Those who develop them know all too well that they cause autism, SIDS, diabetes, MS, arthritis, asthma, and any number of other syndromes and diseases, but there is no chance in hell of them ever admitting it or letting on that more people now die or suffer morbidity from vaccine-induced health problems than would die if we stopped vaccinating and encouraged better diet and exercise (which would not keep the medical industry massively profitable).

It's a conundrum for someone like me, who thinks the human race mostly sucks and needs to be reduced by half. I just don't happen to believe that shutting off gene transcription and protein synthesis by means of injected epigenetic reactants in vaccines is the best means of accomplishing that goal.

See all of my research here: http://magellan35.wordpress.com/

You're full of shit...
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
29-04-2014, 01:40 PM
(29-04-2014 01:38 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  You're full of shit...

Well said. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-04-2014, 02:30 PM
(28-04-2014 04:40 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  1. Where on earth would I find numbers for vaccination rates among those who create and promote vaccines? Are you going to pretend that such "data" would be reliable even if it exists?

2. It would only serve as a smoking gun if those who know exactly what happens in the lab are the ones who refuse to vaccinate. Peripheral public health personnel by and large believe what they are told by their superiors.

If the vaccines don't work then the people who develop them must be aware of it. Maybe it's worth looking into for you? If you could get some reliable data on it you could help prove your point.

(28-04-2014 04:40 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  3. Countries with nationalised health care, like yours and mine, do pay for vaccines; they simply do so out of public coffers (i.e. we the people pay for them). The chief public health officers in our respective governments are heavily lobbied to support initiatives of pharmaceutical companies. They are generally not scientists and by and large believe what they are told, although in your country they are likely stockholders in GlaxoSmithKline and don't care much whether vaccines are safe, as long as they keep selling. It would be nice to see such conflicts of interest eliminated.

Thank you for the answer.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-04-2014, 02:43 PM
(29-04-2014 11:29 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 09:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Except that vaccines protect the old, infirm, the young, etc. In two main ways:
1. By immunizing them against the virus, increasing their resistance and preventing illness in most cases
and 2. By preventing healthy people from acting as carriers for a disease. A perfectly healthy person can carry an infection from person to person and give the disease to otherwise unexposed elderly, infirm, and young people. Vaccines reduce the number of carriers, thus reducing the likelihood of exposure for the vulnerable.

I find it funny that you accept that "death happens", but freak out at the barest hint that vaccines might have a negative effect, no matter how tenuous or unsubstantiated the claim. Why are you scared? People die. They die a little later on average when society uses vaccines.

I respect your right to disagree with me. However, I find the evidence that industry has the answers to longer and better life to be a mixed bag. See http://www.vaccinationinformationnetwork...phs-show/.

As nutrition declines and sources of toxic exposure proliferate in the most heavily medicated and vaccinated population on earth, life expectancy in the U.S. is now falling, infant mortality is higher than in most developed nations, and more people are chronically ill than...well, possibly ever. I think the biggest gains in longevity are behind us and came from improved food and water supplies, better sanitation and nursing, and proper quarantine measures. It's been a long slide into McD's and Vioxx from there...

I'm pretty well done arguing here. I've shared what I came to share and see little point in trying to change the worldview of people on this forum.

I don't believe in god or the "perfection" of human design, or even that evolution has done a particularly great job. What I do believe is that we are pushing the limits of how far we can go to pretend we are separate from nature and can manufacture good health.

Cheers.

I would encourage you to read a book called The Panic Virus by Seth Mnookin. It is a well researched and very detailed account of the beginnings of "vaccine paranoia" by the upper middle class of the late 90's and it's spread.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/health....html?_r=0

When my Canadian mother was a kid of about 8 she lived in a small town in Alberta and diphtheria hit the town like a vengence. There was no vaccine at the time. The whole town was quarantined which was the only weapon against diseases. When my mother returned to school after the quarantine was lifted, six of her classmates had died, out of a class of 22. She never forgot this.

If something like this were to happen today the call for vaccines would be on every front page. But people today have no memory of anything like a childhood friend dying of these diseases or the neighborhood kid being in a lung machine or dying from German measles. My oldest brother nearly died from German measles in the 1950's. So when vaccines came out my mother had us vaccinated.

You want to go back to that world? I really doubt you truly understand the reality of a world without vaccines and the nightmare that accompanied parents everywhere as to whether their child would make it past the minefield of childhood diseases. It wasn't pretty.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-04-2014, 03:20 PM
(29-04-2014 12:00 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 11:52 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Good. Go the fuck away.

If I met you in person I would tie you in a knot and leave you in a gutter. Pussy.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Watch out boys, we got a genuine Internet Tough Guy here.

... this is my signature!
29-04-2014, 04:09 PM
(29-04-2014 12:00 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 11:52 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Good. Go the fuck away.

If I met you in person I would tie you in a knot and leave you in a gutter. Pussy.

Hard to tie anything with no fucking hands.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
29-04-2014, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2014 04:42 PM by sporehux.)

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
29-04-2014, 04:46 PM
(29-04-2014 06:31 AM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 08:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Name all the vaccinations that are normally given to pregnant women. I know of not one. Your point is a strawman. There is NOT ONE.
Just more proof you have NO experience in clinical medicine, you have no clue what your are talking about, and you are totally incompetent to even begin discussing this subject.

Seasonal flu vaccine. Do you read the news? No, you don't.

Post the rates and how you know who get s what.
Obviously you don't watch the news. . You don't get "professional" advice from the news.
Apparently you actually think you know more about the subject than the professionals.
Royal College of Physicians of Ireland Immunisation Guidelines for Ireland, 2008 and subsequent updates available at http://www.immunisation.ie/en/Publicatio...03_en.html
Health Protection Surveillance Centre website http://www.hpsc.ie/hpsc/A-Z/Respiratory/Influenza/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine Preventable Diseases “The Pink Book-12th edition. April 2011 available at http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/index.html
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Parents Guide to Childhood Immunization -. 2010- available at http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/parents...htm#pguide
Department of Health UK. Immunisation against infectious diseases “The Green Book”2006 and subsequent updates available at http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publichealth/Hea...DH_4097254

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-04-2014, 04:55 PM
(29-04-2014 04:34 PM)sporehux Wrote:  

I'll see your Drunken Robbery Fail and raise you a Pocket Rocket SelfPwn.

[Image: th_Firework20Self-pwn.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop