Vaccines related to autism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2013, 07:10 PM
RE: Vaccines related to autism?
(27-08-2013 06:54 PM)sequoyah Wrote:  It seems that the mercury found in the vaccinations is what people are claiming to be the cause pf autism.

For the love of Flying Spaghetti Monster! Autism is a neurological disorder that people are born with, Mercury in a vaccine cannot cause it. Do the people even know anything about autism? You don't just get a shot and then it's all whoops I have autism! Humans are morons.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like BrokenQuill92's post
27-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Just for the record I believe in the overwheing evidence that says there isnt a link between to the two!

Your citizen Atheist
Find all posts by this user
27-08-2013, 07:45 PM
(27-08-2013 07:18 PM)sequoyah Wrote:  Just for the record I believe in the overwheing evidence that says there isnt a link between to the two!

Oh I didn't mean you dear.
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
27-08-2013, 08:29 PM
http://www.undergroundhealth.com/courts-...es-autism/

I was just presented with this article, take a gander.

Your citizen Atheist
27-08-2013, 08:48 PM
I'd suggest you look at board of developmental disabilities information on autism. As I state again you cannot get autism from an external brain injury, vaccine, or "stomach disorder". These "GrassRoots" people are foolish paid-off, pseudo-science peddling fear mongers who are endanger the lives of children.

Please go speak to Ned Solomon from Partners in Policy Making tell him Alaina Johnson sent you. Or better yet try speaking with Stephanie Wheeler.
28-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Speaking of Autism, any ideas as to what causes it?

What if autism like aids/HIV is a case of real symptoms of combined disorders/diseases lumped into a category with a name on it. Autism coiuld be just a new combination of already existing disorders and not necessarily a new illness or disorder.
28-08-2013, 06:40 AM
There are 3 things to note about thiomersal

First, it contains mercury in its chemical formula (C9H9HgNaO2S), but the form of mercury that is hazardous to ones health is methylmercury (H3C-Hg+ X-). One is in a stable chemical compound, the other is a reactive cation. So, even with thiomersal in the vaccines, there was never any danger of mercury poisoning (especially when you consider the quantities in vaccines as compared with say, fish)

Secondly, it was removed as soon as it became apparent that people were getting scared because mercury is a scary buzzword. It was removed without anyone even having suspected in the medical community that the concerns were valid

Thirdly, mercury has never been known to be linked with autism. Mercury is associated with mental disorder, autoimmune disease, reduction in IQ, cardiovascular disease, etc (it's the reason the term "mad hatter" exists. Mercury is what was once used to stiffen the brims of hats and in order to get it into the brim, the hatter had to vaporize it. So, it takes quite a lot of mercury over several years, to accumulate enough in your body to be dangerous. I'm not trying to downplay mercury here, but as toxic substances go, it isn't exactly high up the list. I obviously don't recommend handling it unprotected and certainly not ingesting it.).

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-08-2013, 08:29 PM
This was quite relevant to me in previous months, and I just took my 2 month old to get her first round of immunizations yesterday. I've come to the conclusion that this "movement" is founded on complete and utter BS. Our pediatrician is of the same mind, and was quite releaved to see that we had done our homework.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
28-08-2013, 09:01 PM
(27-08-2013 07:10 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(27-08-2013 06:54 PM)sequoyah Wrote:  It seems that the mercury found in the vaccinations is what people are claiming to be the cause pf autism.

For the love of Flying Spaghetti Monster! Autism is a neurological disorder that people are born with, Mercury in a vaccine cannot cause it. Do the people even know anything about autism? You don't just get a shot and then it's all whoops I have autism! Humans are morons.

Sorry to use the term but this is hindsight.

People got a shot and whoops!... Thalidomide.

In the absence of a known cause, professionals and parents do the next best thing which is 'symptom matching'. Severe autism has similar symptoms to mercury poisoning.

It is a reasoned connection to make before there is any funding for proper diagnosis.

Parental anxiety and fear is natural not moronic.

28-08-2013, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2013 11:57 PM by BrokenQuill92.)
(28-08-2013 09:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-08-2013 07:10 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  For the love of Flying Spaghetti Monster! Autism is a neurological disorder that people are born with, Mercury in a vaccine cannot cause it. Do the people even know anything about autism? You don't just get a shot and then it's all whoops I have autism! Humans are morons.

Sorry to use the term but this is hindsight.

People got a shot and whoops!... Thalidomide.

In the absence of a known cause, professionals and parents do the next best thing which is 'symptom matching'. Severe autism has similar symptoms to mercury poisoning.

It is a reasoned connection to make before there is any funding for proper diagnosis.

Parental anxiety and fear is natural not moronic.

Please don't misunderstand, parental fear is fine. I'm blaming the those who propagate the misinformation to parents who are only looking for answers. People who spread misinformation are morons, but dangerous morons. It's how I spent six years on anti-psychotics I didn't need because I was hallucinating from fluid on my brain. If the doctors had gotten the fluid off my brain sooner I might still have my eyesight.