Vaccines related to autism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2013, 08:13 AM
RE: Vaccines related to autism?
(03-09-2013 10:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I remember hearing 5 years ago on actually, Glenn Beck prior to his TV height, it was still a good laugh.

But he was saying there's a link of autism with kids watching the Little Einstein videos.. Swirling colors was ruining their minds. (although I think its been looked at that those videos are no more beneficial to development or mental stimulation than other cartoons despite peoples ideas.)

Yeah. And TeleTubbies make your child gay.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2013, 10:55 AM
DLJ, yes my comment on suing was strictly from a US perspective.

Perhaps I should always sign my posts, am merican so everybody knows where I am coming from.

About the headmistress, it is such a common human trait to think you know what others are going through. Even if you are good at looking at things from another's perspective we must always remember that it is colored by our own self. Caution is always required.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
04-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Thinking that vaccines cause autism=dumb.
Trusting the FDA as to what is good to put to in your body=extremely fucking dumb.
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
08-09-2013, 11:15 PM
The idea that vaccines cause Autism is something that affects me very deeply, since I work with children with Autism. Parents who are struggling and tired because they don't have enough support latch onto these myths, trying to find something, anything that will work. It makes parents blame themselves, and invest in expensive and sometimes dangerous "treatments" eg. chelation therapy.

The MMR vaccine does not cause Autism. Thimerosal does not cause Autism.

And, in case you weren't aware, the MMR vaccine never contained thimerosal in the first place! http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccine...M096228#t1

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
09-09-2013, 12:20 AM
(08-09-2013 11:15 PM)PharaohKatt Wrote:  The idea that vaccines cause Autism is something that affects me very deeply, since I work with children with Autism. Parents who are struggling and tired because they don't have enough support latch onto these myths, trying to find something, anything that will work. It makes parents blame themselves, and invest in expensive and sometimes dangerous "treatments" eg. chelation therapy.

The MMR vaccine does not cause Autism. Thimerosal does not cause Autism.

And, in case you weren't aware, the MMR vaccine never contained thimerosal in the first place! http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccine...M096228#t1

I think that's just related to the FDA's jurisdiction. I'm pretty sure it did contain it in what we had in the UK.

Water under the bridge now, though.

The medical profession suggested chelation (or similar) to us... I forget now but it was something about the amount of sulphates (or was it sulphites) in my son's hair samples.

The only thing that worked to reduce the severity of the symptoms (not address the root cause) was the change of diet:
No dairy (casein)
No gluten
No additives
No preservatives
No colourants.

We all changed our diet for solidarity's sake.

I have never been as healthy as I was then.

I think I should go back to that diet even though it was expensive but then I think...

[Image: pepperoni-5.jpg]

12-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Here's a bit of chemistry behind this. Thimerosal is the preservative agent in vaccines that contains mercury. This is not elemental mercury, it is ethylmercury. Another type of mercury, methylmercury is the compound that readily causes problems in the nervous system. This is the type of mercury found in fish. Even though ethyl and methyl mercury sound similar, they have many differences.

To take this a bit further, methanol and ethanol have similarities but many differences. Consuming one in small amounts can lead to death, consuming the other in small amounts causes little to no problems.
12-09-2013, 07:38 PM
(02-09-2013 08:43 AM)BnW Wrote:  Something is going on, though. I suspect part of the story is under diagnosis in the past and maybe over diagnosis today but I doubt that accounts for the entire increase. Maybe it does, but it doesn't feel like it (which, admittedly, is not evidence).
We changed the diagnosis for Autism. Hence, there was a significant spike in diagnoses. As of the DSM V, Asperger's is being lumped in with Autism as well, which will further increase the diagnoses for Autism.