Vandals at a holocaust memorial

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Vandals at a holocaust memorial
Quote:Vandals have defaced former Nazi concentration camp Mauthausen with anti-Jewish and anti-Turkish graffiti, Austrian authorities said Friday.

The spray-painted graffiti extends about 10 meters along the wall of the former concentration camp, which is now a memorial site, according to police in Upper Austria province. The vandalism was discovered Friday morning and is being investigated, police said.

Local politician Josef Ackerl, a Social Democrat, said the incident reflected the urgent need to monitor the country's extreme Right. A similar incident happened in February 2009.

The Nazis shot, gassed, beat or worked to death about half the 200,000 inmates in Mauthausen's main camp or its affiliates. The camp got its name from the nearby town of Mauthausen, about 155 kilometers west of Vienna.

That`s about 30 miles from where I live. This memorial has been greatly mismanaged in my opinion. People actualy stole "suviniers" from the memorial, like the shower heads in the gas chamber. The times that I visited the memorial it seemd to be more and more in decay and people simply want to wipe it out of their memories. Austrians have always liked to play the inocent card concerning their nazi history and this camp is the biggest evidence against that, nobody here talkes about it because the SS commander running the camp used to rent slave workers to farmers, meaning that many of these old dumb hillbilliy farmers once had a starving jewish slave and were complicit in the horrors that happend there. There are hidden memorial columbs in every district commemorating the jewish slave workers sold to farms and buisnesses everywhere in this and the neighbouring state.

The press has so far refused to release what the grafitti actualy says, which I think is a brave decision.

This is the second attack of this kind on a holocaust memorial sight, in this state, in 5 years, not counting the arrst of an illigal militia and other right wing outrages. 5 years ago they actualy shot at holocaust survivors with air guns and mocked them at a public event.

I am losing faith in this reched country and it`s repulsive people. Cant wait to get out.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: Vandals at a holocaust memorial
How sad and unfortunate.

I am referring to the whole post, not only the desecration by meanies.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post