Vaping...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Vaping...
Vaporizing. Vape. All the cool kids are doing it nowadays...I guess. I've got my skinny jeans on order... Cool

So I wandered into a vape shop almost two weeks ago, it's a long story why but that doesn't really matter. They didn't carry what I was looking for, but I'm too damn polite to interrupt this dude and his ten minute spiel on the wonders of vaping. By that time he's got me trying some samples and showing me some devices. He and the other employee there are telling me how they quit a pack a day habit by vaping, and I'm thinking, huh...it might be worth a try.

So I bought a lower end model, a Subvod, if that means anything to anyone and some "juice" and went on my merry way, not really expecting a whole lot out of it.

Well, come tomorrow I'll have gone a whole seven days without a cigarette. It's amazing, I didn't even have a desire to do so before I bought the damn thing on a whim, and now I've quit smoking. Just like that.

Now I understand that I'm still putting shit into my lungs, and that the long term effects are still widely unknown as it's still a relatively new thing. But I've done a bit of googling and so far have yet to come up with a solid reason that vaping isn't a thousand times better for me than smoking cigarettes.

Anyone else vape, or have any experience or input? Thoughts?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
18-08-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Vaping...
(18-08-2016 09:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Vaporizing. Vape. All the cool kids are doing it nowadays...I guess. I've got my skinny jeans on order... Cool

So I wandered into a vape shop almost two weeks ago, it's a long story why but that doesn't really matter. They didn't carry what I was looking for, but I'm too damn polite to interrupt this dude and his ten minute spiel on the wonders of vaping. By that time he's got me trying some samples and showing me some devices. He and the other employee there are telling me how they quit a pack a day habit by vaping, and I'm thinking, huh...it might be worth a try.

So I bought a lower end model, a Subvod, if that means anything to anyone and some "juice" and went on my merry way, not really expecting a whole lot out of it.

Well, come tomorrow I'll have gone a whole seven days without a cigarette. It's amazing, I didn't even have a desire to do so before I bought the damn thing on a whim, and now I've quit smoking. Just like that.

Now I understand that I'm still putting shit into my lungs, and that the long term effects are still widely unknown as it's still a relatively new thing. But I've done a bit of googling and so far have yet to come up with a solid reason that vaping isn't a thousand times better for me than smoking cigarettes.

Anyone else vape, or have any experience or input? Thoughts?

I'd never smoke or vape, but people vaping doesn't cause me respiratory problems the way people smoking do. I know there's very little science done on the health effects of first- or second-hand vaping, but as far as its effects on me are concerned it's a vast improvement.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
18-08-2016, 10:48 PM
I don't think I could afford 40 vapes a day.

Anyway, I tried it but it melted when I tried to light it.

Sadcryface

And... congratulations! Are you feeling any healthier?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-08-2016, 11:47 PM
(18-08-2016 10:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  And... congratulations! Are you feeling any healthier?

Yes. I'm breathing easier than I have for the last 15 years. I'm smelling things in the house that my wife doesn't (both a blessing and a curse).

I'm convinced this is a life changing thing, for the better.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
19-08-2016, 12:08 AM
So.. having co-workers who are switching over from cigarettes.

hing of note in over heard conversations.

What ever it is being used in your 'flavoring' (Really.. what is the word or nomenclature for the thing which makes other wise inhaling ultra fine mist?) CHECK for hazards!

One type of chemical (The element used in micro-wave popcorn) CAN do damage to the lungs which effectively has the same effect as Coal-miner's "Black lung".

Other possible side effects over heard are increased moisture in the lungs leading to possible infections from other things (Molds? Fungus? Not sure) But I think the vapor density is controlled by the user...

Again, here-say is definitely NOT evidence and being nothing more than a 'Passive' listener everything I relate please take with a bag of salt.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
19-08-2016, 12:57 AM
Been vaping on and off for a year or so now, but haven't had a cigarette now for a month so reckon I'm finally free of that pestilential weed! I really hope it's not as bad for me as smoking...the government doesn't seem to think it's as bad as they have yet to ban it in pubs and restaurants so that's encouraging. It's so much cheaper too - once you get past the £50 of buying the actual machine I swear I only use £1.50 worth of juice a day and a tiny bit of lecky to charge the machine. Smoking cost me £5 a day.
19-08-2016, 01:00 AM
What actually makes up this "juice"?
19-08-2016, 01:08 AM
propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, flavourings, nicotine. T Juice USA Reds.
19-08-2016, 05:33 AM
(19-08-2016 01:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  What actually makes up this "juice"?

It really is a very simple recipe. Only about four to five ingredients depending on what flavors are used.

~ Umberto Eco
19-08-2016, 05:42 AM
Dow Chemical needs to get rid of the shit they clean out of the mixing tanks SOMEWHERE.....

I'm all for "vaping" -- it's Darwinism at it's best....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.