Vaping...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2016, 05:56 AM
RE: Vaping...
(19-08-2016 05:33 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 01:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  What actually makes up this "juice"?

It really is a very simple recipe. Only about four to five ingredients depending on what flavors are used.

Yabut, so is meth...

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-08-2016, 06:14 AM
(19-08-2016 05:56 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 05:33 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  It really is a very simple recipe. Only about four to five ingredients depending on what flavors are used.

Yabut, so is meth...

True.

Meth is not one of the chemicals used in the juice though, so...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-08-2016, 07:21 AM
I did the same. Yes. it is a lot easier on the lungs. No, it's not perfect.

As a life long, extra heavy smoker it's quite the thing.

I also find that the use of vape tapers off naturally over time. I now smoke half as often or less. I also have a very improved sense of smell. (the roses in my garden are intoxicating!)

I realize that it's a crutch, I realize that it's likely also harmful. But with the palpable improvement and a life long struggle behind me (50 years of smoking) it's great.

And tapering it down is so much easier, it actually just happens eventually without trying.

I swear there has to be something very addictive in cigarettes other than nicotine. All these nicotine replacements, I tried them all, and none worked for me.

I also vape my weed, there are vapes where you can insert the herb. The vape heats it enough to vaporize all the liquids but not hot enough to burn. Again, a ton easier on the lungs.

I don't recommend one start vaping unless one is a long term smoker. It is by far the lesser evil as far as we can tell so far. And like I said, the improvement is palpable.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
19-08-2016, 10:12 AM
BBC had a great documentary on e-cigarettes. https://youtu.be/_ui18VtfsfI they also perform some scientific tests on both to see which one is more harmful. Its obvious, the harm done by regular cigarettes is way higher then vaping. Personally, never smoked in my life, but my boyfriend has quit smoking for 2 years now using electronic cigarettes. He first started with 18mg nicotine and now his at 0, he just vapes for fun Laugh out load. It has become a completely separate hobby for him, quite expensive one as well, as he keeps buying more and more different ones almost every other week. But I am not complaining, because I won't have to smell that disgusting cigarette smell on him, so its a win win situation. His health has improved dramatically since he stopped smoking real cigarette's, so that is big enough reason to encourage anyone to switch. Yes it is yet unclear what the long term effects would be, but as long as you get your liquid from reputable venders, no way it could harm you more then the regular cigarettes would. For many people including people I know and care about, it has been a life changer. So very happy for you if you haven't smoked for 2 weeks, keep it up. Thumbsup

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
19-08-2016, 10:53 AM
(19-08-2016 01:08 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, flavourings, nicotine. T Juice USA Reds.

You can get nicotine free juices. Some smokers say that while they obviously have cravings, it helps because it keeps their hands busy.
19-08-2016, 11:42 AM
(19-08-2016 10:53 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 01:08 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, flavourings, nicotine. T Juice USA Reds.

You can get nicotine free juices. Some smokers say that while they obviously have cravings, it helps because it keeps their hands busy.
That's what masturbation is for...................

Blush

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
19-08-2016, 12:08 PM
I have a lot of friends who have stopped smoking and started vaping. It's becoming 'fashionable' pretty much like I imagine smoking once was decades ago. People have a huge variety of vapourisers from the basic pen ones to the more elaborate ones with interchangeable coils/parts/settings.

Nicotine changes the levels of dopamine and noradrenaline in your brain. That is what is 'addictive' yet after 3-4 days of abstinence all traces of nicotine leave the body. The craving can still remain as the brains chemistry adjusts, through certain triggers (boredom, daily routine, after eating etc)

I've hypnotised many people to succesfully quit smoking and more recently, vaping. Whilst it would appear that vaping seems less harmful I am still concerened about what is contained within the juices.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
19-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Don't know about healthy, but better than inhaling actual smoke! Just ask firefighters! Confused

[Image: fbc6fc8a333fe36b9dbaf18e049e086d.jpg]

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
19-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Quote:It's becoming 'fashionable' pretty much like I imagine smoking once was decades ago.

I think yours and mine idea of the word "fashionable" differ greatly.
It looks fucking stupid not helped by the type of people that I see vaping are fucking idiot bogans.

[Image: oscar.png]
19-08-2016, 07:14 PM
(19-08-2016 06:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:It's becoming 'fashionable' pretty much like I imagine smoking once was decades ago.

I think yours and mine idea of the word "fashionable" differ greatly.
It looks fucking stupid not helped by the type of people that I see vaping are fucking idiot bogans.

I agree completely, or at least would have a couple of weeks ago. I can't see myself getting into it with the huge "mods" and all that jazz. I try to hide it when I do it in public, but mostly because I think it must look like I'm getting high. I do live in Kansas after all, I consider my audience.

But if someone thinks I must be a douchehammer because they see me vaping, well fuck them. I give no fucks, I'm not smoking cigarettes and that is awesome, so you can have your opinion but remember that if you don't know a person you are the last one qualified to judge them.

:vapingemoji:

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post