Vatican celebrates big bang theory to dispel 'science conflict'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Vatican celebrates big bang theory to dispel 'science conflict'
(09-05-2017 11:08 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  What bunch of old man in dresses thinks of science matters not.

Now, now, if wearing dresses makes them feel all perty, let them.

Plus, I still maintain skirts make way more sense for men anyway - less constricting down under, you know.

(When I used to go horseback riding I learnt that men who ride too much (no giggling at the back, please Dodgy ), both horses and bikes, may sorta kinda curdle their little troops, turning themselves sterile. So, one more reason for men to wear skirts - keeps it all nice and breezy down there)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
09-05-2017, 11:53 AM
(09-05-2017 11:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 11:08 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  What bunch of old man in dresses thinks of science matters not.

Plus, I still maintain skirts make way more sense for men anyway - less constricting down under, you know.

(When I used to go horseback riding I learnt that men who ride too much (no giggling at the back, please Dodgy ), both horses and bikes, may sorta kinda curdle their little troops, turning themselves sterile. So, one more reason for men to wear skirts - keeps it all nice and breezy down there)
They may wear whatever they want but they should remember that their choice of attire doesn't make their words relevant.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-05-2017, 11:58 AM
(09-05-2017 11:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  

I disagree, I have always hated loose underwear. I hate my junk flopping around. Lose vs tight clothing for women or men is a comfort issue, not a right or wrong issue. Same with breasts and women, some like bras and some don't.

But as far as Transgender, I distrust religious motivated clothing arguments because that is just superstition, just like dietary restrictions based on religion. If someone who knows their brain isn't matching their plumbing I say fuck religious people if they object to that. They can, sure, but in the west we are not a theocracy, and our laws are not ripped out of any holy book. So not only are you right, what the Pope wears is moot, he has no say in what other people do, he only has power over those who want to follow him.

Which astounds me that people like Caitlynn Jenner would vote for a party that hates him.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
09-05-2017, 12:04 PM
You know, Brian, I was really just shooting the breeze, trying to be funny Rolleyes

Seriously speaking though (which doesn't come easily to me Rolleyes ), I'm all for unisex clothing (not to mention that there are quite a few cultures where skirts (and variants) are worn by men). That is to say, people should be able to wear whatever they want to, feel good in and is comfortable for them. Everybody should also be free to wear all the makeup they want to (including no makeup if they so desire). I wanna live in a unisex world Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
09-05-2017, 12:49 PM
(09-05-2017 11:53 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  They may wear whatever they want but they should remember that their choice of attire doesn't make their words relevant.

But the hats! The hats make it all official and relevant.

[Image: eec056d20366af0343f5b109f9d3bdf8.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
09-05-2017, 12:57 PM
(09-05-2017 12:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 11:53 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  They may wear whatever they want but they should remember that their choice of attire doesn't make their words relevant.

But the hats! The hats make it all official and relevant.

[Image: eec056d20366af0343f5b109f9d3bdf8.jpg]

Damn, you got me, hats do have power, I once saw a magician pull a rabbit out of one.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
09-05-2017, 12:58 PM
I think I found one for us. Wink

[Image: 8a0a2d7cccb1f62490a863a3b4832564.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
09-05-2017, 01:08 PM
(09-05-2017 10:55 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I think it wasn't until the Vatican was shown a picture of the earth from space that they "officially" recognized the earth as a globe and not flat. They have always been Johny come lately's.

------------[SNIP]------co opt science.

Christian Science
Jewish Science
Buddhist Science
Muslim Science
Hindu Science

Yes the Vatican has a horrible history of being late to modern reality, but there are pockets of every religion who try to cherry pick science to get it to conform to modern scientific knowledge after the fact. It is retrofitting regardless and it doesn't work. But Catholics are not the only religion to try this.

I would rather call them superscience, because they claim their version of science to be superior to current scientific understandngs.I think Buddhist Science ,Hindu Science etc can give christian/muslim science a run for their money. My Hindu friend once listed some of them for me and I was amazed.
09-05-2017, 01:20 PM
(09-05-2017 10:30 AM)sea_tiger Wrote:  The statements issued by Vatican or The Pope are tactical,measured and diplomatic .
RCC is making an effort to show itself relevent to the present time.It has to show that it is still a spiritual guide to humanity and doesn't conflict with the scientific knowledge.

Some quote:
"If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." — Saint Augustine

It's a few hundred years too late on that front.
Augustine, (that guilt-ridden pervert) was not an expert on anything, (except Hippos, I heard Facepalm ), except on partying, until he got too old to do it.
The gospels THEMSELVES rejected, by definition, anything they didn't like. "The good news". Not "the news", not "all the news", just the "good news".

One of their last chances was the Pontifical Commission on Birth Control in the 60's, where ALL their own experts said BC should be approved, or at least down-graded to a non-serious matter. The Pewp chose to ignore his own experts. Then JP-I was going to reverse it, and the night he was murdered, the document doing so was last seen on his desk. It was never seen again.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-05-2017, 01:23 PM
To be fair the guy who came up with the Big Bang theory was a Catholic monk. I can't remember his name and I'm too lazy to google it. At least the pope doesn't deny climate change like most of fundimentalist who are in complete denial.

As for the dresses the clergy wears, this goes back to ancient Rome and the tunics and togas they wore. Actually, pants on men are a recent concoction. For most of history men wore robes or short toga like garments with leggings which were sometimes strapped on . Pants evolved from pantaloons that were originally worn under robes and doublets and other outer garments .

The first breeches recognizable as what we'd call pants today was worn by Beau "Who's your fat friend" Brummel during the Regency period. So there you have it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 52cf5fe5a7a36831cf5b1d90304fa028.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post