Vatican celebrates big bang theory to dispel 'science conflict'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: Vatican celebrates big bang theory to dispel 'science conflict'
(09-05-2017 12:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 11:53 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  They may wear whatever they want but they should remember that their choice of attire doesn't make their words relevant.

But the hats! The hats make it all official and relevant.

[Image: eec056d20366af0343f5b109f9d3bdf8.jpg]

That's true. I guess the fish-lips hat is already taken by the RC Church
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagon

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2017, 02:00 PM
(09-05-2017 12:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The hats make it all official and relevant.

What hat should you wear when you want to avoid looking silly? I can't think of one.

Huh
09-05-2017, 02:30 PM
(09-05-2017 01:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  To be fair the guy who came up with the Big Bang theory was a Catholic monk. I can't remember his name and I'm too lazy to google it. At least the pope doesn't deny climate change like most of fundimentalist who are in complete denial.

As for the dresses the clergy wears, this goes back to ancient Rome and the tunics and togas they wore. Actually, pants on men are a recent concoction. For most of history men wore robes or short toga like garments with leggings which were sometimes strapped on . Pants evolved from pantaloons that were originally worn under robes and doublets and other outer garments .

The first breeches recognizable as what we'd call pants today was worn by Beau "Who's your fat friend" Brummel during the Regency period. So there you have it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 52cf5fe5a7a36831cf5b1d90304fa028.jpg]

I don't think that's a guy, and the "beaver" label is in the wrong place. Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-05-2017, 02:36 PM
(09-05-2017 02:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't think that's a guy, and the "beaver" label is in the wrong place. Laugh out load

Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2017, 09:17 AM
(09-05-2017 11:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 11:08 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  What bunch of old man in dresses thinks of science matters not.

Now, now, if wearing dresses makes them feel all perty, let them.

Plus, I still maintain skirts make way more sense for men anyway - less constricting down under, you know.

(When I used to go horseback riding I learnt that men who ride too much (no giggling at the back, please Dodgy ), both horses and bikes, may sorta kinda curdle their little troops, turning themselves sterile. So, one more reason for men to wear skirts - keeps it all nice and breezy down there)

That's why the Scottish rule, they got it right with kilts.
11-05-2017, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 10:49 AM by Vera.)
(11-05-2017 09:17 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  That's why the Scottish rule, they got it right with kilts.

Apparently Scottish men are a huge thing in the quagmire of inanity that is the romance genre.

"Romance novels featuring brooding Scottish male leads continue to be popular with readers. Donna Grant’s Dark Sword series features sexy Highland lords and sinister Druids. Michelle Marcos’s Secrets to Seducing a Scot kicks off her “Highland Knaves” series, which stars “an infamous clan of outcast Scots who live for justice [and] lust for freedom…"

Her rejection stung more than David wanted to admit.

“What I must do,” he said, “is wed and bed ye before anyone attempts to thwart me.”

“How dare ye speak of bedding me,” Alison said.

“I dare do more than speak of it.” He let a slow smile curl the corners of his mouth.

She slapped his face. While she did not have the strength to hurt him, the lass did put all she had into it.

He grabbed her wrist to prevent her from slapping him a second time and leaned down until they were nose to nose. “We shall be husband and wife before the sun sets.”
[Image: SmileySuicide-1.gif]

[Image: Secrets-to-Seducing-a-Scot-by-Michelle-M...80x294.jpg]

[Image: 40682e775f2418f6e9871dadb6ac7b17.jpg]

[Image: KLxtp.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2017, 12:23 PM
(09-05-2017 12:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 11:53 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  They may wear whatever they want but they should remember that their choice of attire doesn't make their words relevant.

But the hats! The hats make it all official and relevant.

[Image: eec056d20366af0343f5b109f9d3bdf8.jpg]

I think most of these are cool, but then I'm a fan of silly hats. I have a Nishi-style yellow Pokemon hat that I often wear during chess tournaments. I also wore it every day for a week or two after the November election, and for the same reason -- to keep from taking myself too seriously. (And yes, I was inspired by Nishi to get this hat.)