Vatican outlaws use of gluten free bread for Holy Communion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: Vatican outlaws use of gluten free bread for Holy Communion
(09-07-2017 09:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 09:16 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  Actually there is a loophole which allows them to participate in the magical ceremony. Participation doesn't require consumption of both the wine and cracker. To consume one is to have consumed both, so it is dishonest to say that they are excluded from communion. There are those who are alcoholics and so only consume the cracker, it is much the same.

We were NEVER offered wine. Only the priest got that.

Yeah our parish didn't either. Ever.

We only got the cookie that immediately stuck to the roof of your mouth. That said it's pretty fucked up for the Catholic Church to do that shit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-07-2017, 12:57 PM
(09-07-2017 12:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 09:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  We were NEVER offered wine. Only the priest got that.

Yeah our parish didn't either. Ever.

We only got the cookie that immediately stuck to the roof of your mouth. That said it's pretty fucked up for the Catholic Church to do that shit.

That sticking to the roof of your mouth was the worst...that stuff didn't want to let go.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-07-2017, 01:06 PM
(09-07-2017 12:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 12:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah our parish didn't either. Ever.

That sticking to the roof of your mouth was the worst...that stuff didn't want to let go.

I know it was awful.

09-07-2017, 01:14 PM
(09-07-2017 10:04 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  Anjele I don't think I've ever seen that. I believe you but in my experience that's unusual unless your going to an old rite (which I do from time to time). That's actually where I learned about the theology of it. One of the people who attended had to receive blood because they were allergic to jesus flesh.

First communion you get both, as with other official rites (like marriage) but in regular mass they just hold the host...You don't get the wine in catholic mass. Other religions like Lutherans do give the little cups of wine (other religions substitute grape juice).

The biggest controversy was when our parish priest refused to hand them to people and insisted on placing into their mouths...

Everyone had to stand with their mouth open like a baby bird and if he dropped it and it didn't land on the gold plate the altar boy held, it had to be burned.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-07-2017, 01:39 PM
(09-07-2017 01:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 12:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That sticking to the roof of your mouth was the worst...that stuff didn't want to let go.

I know it was awful.

Yep, I remember that. No matter what I tried, it stuck.

You know what they are actually made for originally? If you make cookies that require a very hot oven, and you don't want to burn the bottoms, you put one of those on the baking sheet and a dollop of dough on top. Cookie comes out perfect, and the whole thing remains edible. And it doesn't stick to the roof of your mouth that way either.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-07-2017, 01:50 PM
(09-07-2017 01:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 01:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I know it was awful.

Yep, I remember that. No matter what I tried, it stuck.

You know what they are actually made for originally? If you make cookies that require a very hot oven, and you don't want to burn the bottoms, you put one of those on the baking sheet and a dollop of dough on top. Cookie comes out perfect, and the whole thing remains edible. And it doesn't stick to the roof of your mouth that way either.

The hosts aren't made that way. They're made with a heated press. The press cooks the wafer.

Actually there's a candy that uses communion wafers thats just wonderful. I buy them each Christmas...

09-07-2017, 01:58 PM
(09-07-2017 01:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 01:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yep, I remember that. No matter what I tried, it stuck.

The hosts aren't made that way. They're made with a heated press. The press cooks the wafer.

Actually there's a candy that uses communion wafers thats just wonderful. I buy them each Christmas...

These ones.

[Image: oblaten.jpeg]

They come in various sizes, the ones we got as communion were the small cookie ones.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-07-2017, 02:39 PM
(09-07-2017 01:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 01:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The hosts aren't made that way. They're made with a heated press. The press cooks the wafer.

These ones.

They come in various sizes, the ones we got as communion were the small cookie ones.

But what I'm saying is that Catholic Church employs an entirely different method to make the hosts. A cast iron press that was heated to make them. Like a waffle iron. Some churches left them plain but there was a couple in San Francisco that had them imprinted.

Image below is a later one but still uses the same idea...

[Image: 37546350_1_x.jpg?version=1432845832]

When I was a kid a friend had one. His uncle (a priest) gave it to him because it could not longer be used (it was cracked). We used to use it to play in mud. Laugh out load Communion mud pies....

I'm not saying that you can't make them or that it's impossible. I'm only saying the process the Catholic Church used was a different. The batter is poured into a waffle maker type of thing and heated. The cooked crackers or bread, are then placed between sheets of cheese cloth to dry. Some use a cutter to cut them others are already communion size (in the waffle like thing). Then they're blessed and shipped out to different parishes.

They aren't technically baked at all but rather just dehydrated of moisture -- some left them out to air dry in a warm room for a day. In areas where they make thousands they still do the same way but the parts are larger.

09-07-2017, 02:49 PM
(09-07-2017 12:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ... That sticking to the roof of your mouth was the worst...that stuff didn't want to let go ...

When you consider that for some people what was sticking to the roof of their mouth was jesus' transubstantiated anus the word "worst" isn't quite adequate.Sadcryface

Now that we know that all things are made of atoms, which don't have serial numbers, what does it mean when something "transubstantiates" into something that existed 2000 years ago? Those original atoms have long since dispersed around the planet and are parts of currently existing substances.

Even if there were some adminstrative apparatus that tracked all those atoms and extracted them and transported them and reassembled them into original jesus molecules inside worshiping gullets, jesus was less than 200 pounds of biologic mass. The total mass of wafers consumed around the world is several tons. A lot of what gets chewed up has to be copies.

If you're one of the ones getting this time around a mouthful of anus, but not even original anus but a copy, since the original went to a guy in Barcelona, the urge to retch could get overpowering. Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
09-07-2017, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 02:53 PM by Dom.)
(09-07-2017 02:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 01:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  These ones.

But what I'm saying is that Catholic Church employs an entirely different method to make the hosts. A cast iron press that was heated to make them. Like a waffle iron. Some churches left them plain but there was a couple in San Francisco that had them imprinted.

Image below is a later one but still uses the same idea...

[Image: 37546350_1_x.jpg?version=1432845832]

When I was a kid a friend had one. His uncle (a priest) gave it to him because it could not longer be used (it was cracked). We used to use it to play in mud. Laugh out load Communion mud pies....

I'm not saying that you can't make them or that it's impossible. I'm only saying the process the Catholic Church used was a different. The batter is poured into a waffle maker type of thing and heated. The cooked crackers or bread, are then placed between sheets of cheese cloth to dry. Some use a cutter to cut them others are already communion size (in the waffle like thing). Then they're blessed and shipped out to different parishes.

They aren't technically baked at all but rather just dehydrated of moisture -- some left them out to air dry in a warm room for a day. In areas where they make thousands they still do the same way but the parts are larger.

Haha, you had fancy churches! Ours bought them from the local bakery, who got them from the cookie base people. I don't know how the cookie base people make them (by the way, they are called Oblaten) but from the sticking to the roof of the mouth comments I assume they are the same thing. You just may not have seen them used in cookies, may just be a german thing.

[Image: 2a0d638655b95b078962dd1d5d9a08a7.jpg]