Vatican suggests bishops report abuse to police

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2011, 02:21 PM

Sad Vatican suggests bishops report abuse to police
[Image: capt.06bd13fc1fdc45709d2de17233cb3928-43...3dVCmreQ--]
AP – file -- An Aug. 14, 2005 file photo shows an aerial view of St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican. A letter …

By NICOLE WINFIELD, Associated Press Nicole Winfield, Associated Press

VATICAN CITY – The Vatican told bishops around the world Monday that it is important to cooperate with police in reporting priests who rape and molest children and asked them to develop guidelines for preventing sex abuse by next May.

But the letter from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith made no provision to ensure the bishops actually follow the guidelines, and victims groups immediately denounced the recommendations as "dangerously flawed" because they stress the exclusive authority of bishops to determine the credibility of abuse allegations.

The letter marks the latest effort by the Vatican to show that it is serious about rooting out pedophiles from the priesthood, a year after the sex abuse scandal exploded on a global scale with thousands of new victims coming forward in Europe and beyond.
(Full Article)

Suggests! Rolleyes
Not a mandate! Not anything that godness whispered into fish hat's ear over the weekend that said, thou shalt not rape kids nor cover it up!
A suggestion, that abuse be reported.
Like, I suggest you wash your car as it's dirty. I suggest you may want to get your prescription checked, because you backed right into me.

*sings*"Jesus loves the little children...." But Priests prove it by touch! Big Grin

Angry
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2011, 04:19 PM
RE: Vatican suggests bishops report abuse to police
The Vatican showing once again that all they care about is their reputation. I cannot believe (actually I can) that they are still so unwilling to prevent child abuse (maybe it's because they know how widespread it is). If their Nazi leader had a shred of decency then he would say instant excommunication and reporting to the police for anyone who abuses a child or who doesn't report another priest that they suspect has done it. I suppose he would have to excommunicate himself and give himself in to Vatican police though if he brought in that rule.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2011, 05:12 PM

The Fucking RCC makes me say, GOD I HATE CATHOLICISM!
[Image: watermark.aspx?i=3935587]

The Roman Catholic religion is the most populace sect within Christianity that in and of itself, is the most populace cult on the planet.

However the enabling of Pedophilia within the RCC, I think, proves beyond a shadow of a doubt through the church's own conspiracy of child rape and cover up that from the highest office on down the ladder of ordained powers, not only do those individuals know there is no god, they prove it by doing what they do in the name of the church first!
If theirs was a faith dedicated to the glory and word of god, the powers that be wouldn't dialog in terms of "holy mother church", and thinking of that and it's preservation first. They wouldn't set their sinful mortal selves up as the bridge, the emissary, between the penitent and the power of Heaven. They wouldn't install those little shame closets in every church in the world, where a parishioner is suppose to confess their deepest darkest secrets and sins asking that sinner on the other side of the screen, who the Priest can see clearly and know who they are and what they've done, well after they've departed and closed the door on what they think remains an eternal secret, thinking it is within that man's power to forgive that what god's word says is already forgiven if the penitent is truly and sincerely sorry all on their own.
The power of the confessional! No doubt!
My husband was born into a strict RCC family. The privileges that are ripped away by the church, who act under the authority and word of god, if a Catholic doesn't confess regularly, doesn't genuflect and beg and feel unworthy as prescribed, is astonishing.

I guess that bit about false idols, etc... in the Bible was missed by Peter!
And to think, the fish hat bastard that leads the frey, now a former Nazi youth member, is the most powerful dictator of the most populace cult, enthroned in the smallest sovereign nation on earth that's foundation sets atop a Pagan graveyard,who's members were decimated, over run, and exterminated in the shadow of the Roman capital punishment device that now rises in pure gold above them so as to mark the defeat of one faith buried beneath the global acquisition afforded another.

Why didn't we evolve to be smarter than needing to feel less than, in order to feel saved from being human? Sleepy

[Image: watermark.aspx?i=3935587]
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2011, 07:11 AM
RE: Vatican suggests bishops report abuse to police
Well hopefully evolution will kick it up a gear and the religious will die out as humanity moves on. I'd like to think that in a thousand years my descendants will be living in a completely rational/atheist world and will learn in history lessons about the Christianity/Catholicism/the Vatican and will just sit there and ask 'Really Sir? Are you having us on? You actually mean to say that 2000000000 people worldwide actually believed that fairy tale? Even when they had the evidence it was clearly wrong? Nah, you're having us on Sir.'

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply