Vegan/Vegetarian Recipes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2016, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2016 01:27 AM by jennybee.)
RE: Vegan/Vegetarian Recipes
This is an easy one, but sooooo good!! Preheat oven to 425. I take lavash and spray both sides with an olive oil spray. Then top with pizza sauce (go light) and daiya mozzarella shreds and mushrooms, bake for 5 minutes (but watch it because it cooks fast and you don't want to burn it.)

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-01-2016, 08:05 AM

Figure I should post a real thing. This actually looks good, vegetarian sushi is not bad.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-01-2016, 09:46 AM
(27-01-2016 08:05 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Figure I should post a real thing. This actually looks good, vegetarian sushi is not bad.

Vegetarian sushi can be great with the right ingredients

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
28-01-2016, 10:54 PM
No bake vegan brownies. Going to make these this weekend. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
28-01-2016, 11:21 PM
(28-01-2016 10:54 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  No bake vegan brownies. Going to make these this weekend. Big Grin

Yum!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
29-01-2016, 09:02 AM
These are from Lindsay S. Nixon (The Happy Herbivore). She has several cookbooks, I highly recommend any of them.

Black Bean Burgers (soooooo good) I usually put them on a bun with guac and a side of sweet potato fries.

Ingredients

15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed

2 tbsp ketchup

1 tbsp yellow mustard

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp onion powder

⅓ cup instant oats

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside. In a mixing bowl, mash black beans with a fork until mostly pureed but still some half beans and bean parts are left. Stir in condiments and spices until well combined. Then mix in oats. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into thin patties. Bake for 7 minutes, carefully flip over and bake for another 7 minutes, or until crusty on the outside. Slap into a bun with extra condiments and eat!

29-01-2016, 09:54 AM
I don't have any recipes for vegans. I only eat them if they are fresh and then I just eat them raw. I don't like vegetarians at all, they taste funny.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 4 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
29-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Flag of Italy Ziti Bake

*use olive oil to lightly coat a 2 quart casserole, heat oven to 350

8oz Ziti Pasta cooked and drained as directed
2 Pkgs of McCormick's Alfredo Sauce, made as directed
10oz - 5 Italian cheese blend shredded cheese
1/2 cup each veggies: Broccoli florets chopped, sliced mushrooms, diced mild onion, chopped spinach, chopped seeded Roma tomatoes
1/2 cup of diced Red & Green Bell Pepper to top

Mix ingredients except for Red & Green Bell Pepper
Sauce thickness can be adjusted here, may need a little added milk so it's still a saucy when done, then ladle into oiled casserole. Top with diced red & green bells, cover and bake this at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover and let set 5 minutes, serve.

For non-vegetarians you can add 3/4 cup chunked cooked chicken or cooked shrimp. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
29-01-2016, 03:32 PM
(29-01-2016 09:54 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I don't have any recipes for vegans. I only eat them if they are fresh and then I just eat them raw. I don't like vegetarians at all, they taste funny.

[Image: um0ulfle7zifmvzptkvw.png]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
29-01-2016, 03:40 PM
I'm still wondering. How do you cook a vegan? Is slow roasting best?
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post