Vegan/vegetarianism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: Vegan/vegetarianism
(01-08-2016 01:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  AND another thing.....

Whyizzit???

Why do vegetarians like all the "artificial meats" made out of soybean, wheat germ or whatever toenail fungus they're currently into????

If you don't like meat -- don't eat the fake shit either.....

I have asked the same question.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-08-2016, 02:59 PM
(01-08-2016 02:29 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 02:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  How come I was under the impression that you were a vegan? Sustainable agriculture is not a fairy tale. Animals being raised for food while having a good life is not a fairy tale, I have done it myself and source my meat from small farms that do the same.

If you think the world is doomed and you don't give a shit, that's your business.

It's a fairytale to believe that humans inherently have rights and/or responsibilities that no other animals have. People often cite that humans' increased awareness come with responsibilities, but it doesn't logically follow. To think that pigs want to be put in cages and slaughtered and eaten, is living in fairytale land. To think that it's wrong to torture pigs is living in fairytale land. The truth is, as far as we can tell, the universe doesn't give a fuck. That said, we all have preferences. For example, I enjoy killing deer and turkey, but not coyotes because I love dogs, and they're too similar to dogs for me to have the desire to kill them. However, my preference doesn't mean that it's wrong to kill coyotes. It's also not wrong to torture them, it's simply not my preference. I just want people to realize that morality/rights/responsibilities don't exist, only preferences.

It has nothing to do with right or wrong. It depends on with how much empathy you have been born, plus your upbringing, indoctrination, real time learning - whatever you prefer to call it.

Society will evolve in the direction of what most people feel about it.

Yes, feel, like you and the coyotes, not think. Your philosophy is pointless here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-08-2016, 03:03 PM
(01-08-2016 02:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  What corner? My opinion that people have a right to themselves and the right to enforce that is not right or wrong. Facepalm
However, it is the only logical basis for a just society.

You are welcome to keep on demanding some basis from your narrow viewpoint;
I am simply unwilling to get sucked into your pointless argument.

Some people believe that animals have rights (animal rights activists for example). Are they also not right or wrong about this?

Pointless argument? Come on chas, every argument on internet talk forums is pointless, that's not the point. Gasp
01-08-2016, 03:10 PM
(01-08-2016 02:41 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 02:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  At 53 yo I seem to have lost my taste for meat. I don't like the texture. Dunno how it happened. Sashimi on the other hand is always delicious. Drooling

When did sashimi stop being meat?

You're one of them common folk ain't you. Sashimi melts in your mouth with no mastication, meat, not so much.

#sigh
01-08-2016, 03:25 PM
(01-08-2016 03:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 02:41 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  When did sashimi stop being meat?

You're one of them common folk ain't you. Sashimi melts in your mouth with no mastication, meat, not so much.
I can make venison do that......

A couple hours in a pressure cooker with some red wine, onion, garlic and orange pepper makes it cut with a fork....

A dull fork..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
01-08-2016, 05:12 PM
(01-08-2016 03:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 03:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're one of them common folk ain't you. Sashimi melts in your mouth with no mastication, meat, not so much.
I can make venison do that......

A couple hours in a pressure cooker with some red wine, onion, garlic and orange pepper makes it cut with a fork....

A dull fork..

Big Grin

I have experienced such a heaven on earth. It is rare.

#sigh
01-08-2016, 07:05 PM
(01-08-2016 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 03:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I can make venison do that......

A dull fork..

Big Grin

I have experienced such a heaven on earth. It is rare.

I have had some beef that melted in your mouth, and it was expensive as heck. Crockpots can also perform wonders for lesser cuts.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-08-2016, 07:21 PM
(01-08-2016 07:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I have experienced such a heaven on earth. It is rare.

I have had some beef that melted in your mouth, and it was expensive as heck. Crockpots can also perform wonders for lesser cuts.

Take some venison back strap and pound it out flat with a beer bottle, then throw it on a hot cast iron skillet with butter, salt, pepper, and garlic, cook it 30-60 seconds a side. There's nothing better.
01-08-2016, 07:36 PM
(01-08-2016 07:21 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 07:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  I have had some beef that melted in your mouth, and it was expensive as heck. Crockpots can also perform wonders for lesser cuts.

Take some venison back strap and pound it out flat with a beer bottle, then throw it on a hot cast iron skillet with butter, salt, pepper, and garlic, cook it 30-60 seconds a side. There's nothing better.

I have had mostly Northern European venison, which is totally different from the venison I can get here. Different flavor altogether. I prefer the European kind - but one almost always prefers what one grew up with. European venison roast with mushrooms (wild ones) - tender and oh so tasty.

02-08-2016, 02:51 AM
(01-08-2016 02:29 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  The truth is, as far as we can tell, the universe doesn't give a fuck.

I want to argue this one point really quick with some pseudo philosophical bull shit by simply asking and answering a few questions.

Question: What are we made of?
Answer: Atoms and smaller particles and energy if you tech technical enough.

Question: Is the universe made out of Atoms?
Answer: of course it is.

Question: What is our consciousness made out of.
Answer: Atoms, chemicals, energy.

Question: Is a glass of water two things or one?
Answer: Its one thing made up of two parts. You cannot separate them or they cease to be a glass of water.

Question: That would mean that Humans while being a part of the universe are definitely NOT their own separate thing, that they are too the universe just a small part of it right?

Answer: Of course.

Question: Since humans are a small part of the universe since we are not seperate from time and space, and we have the ability to "care", than logic dictates that the universe DOES care about our existence because we are the universe and we care about our own existence as well as the existence of other tiny little specs of the universe that we "the universe" have decided to call animals.

So yes. The universe "does" care about us! Because we do and we and the universe are both the same person....just different parts of it.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post