Vegan/vegetarianism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Vegan/vegetarianism
(03-08-2016 10:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  That happens when people treat diets like a religion.

Yes it does. I think that is not a requirement though. Attaching moral value to consumption choices is enough to create conflict between belief and behavior.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2016, 12:05 PM
I just wanna eat a balanced diet but unless you walk in someone's shoes for a while how do you know what they are experiencing ? Which is why I am considering taking up vegetarian food for a month and writing a thread here kind of like an interactive diary documenting what its like etc, I've never done this before or lived as a vegetarian for a week let alone a month but I'm quite motivated to try although I'm sure I will miss eggs cheese and bacon.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
04-08-2016, 11:47 AM
(03-08-2016 12:05 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I just wanna eat a balanced diet but unless you walk in someone's shoes for a while how do you know what they are experiencing ? Which is why I am considering taking up vegetarian food for a month and writing a thread here kind of like an interactive diary documenting what its like etc, I've never done this before or lived as a vegetarian for a week let alone a month but I'm quite motivated to try although I'm sure I will miss eggs cheese and bacon.

Sounds like a good idea. Vegetarian diets come in a spectrum, so you wouldn't necessarily have to refrain from eggs or cheese. If you wanted to ease in slowly you could just stop eating meats.
05-08-2016, 01:29 AM
(04-08-2016 11:47 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 12:05 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I just wanna eat a balanced diet but unless you walk in someone's shoes for a while how do you know what they are experiencing ? Which is why I am considering taking up vegetarian food for a month and writing a thread here kind of like an interactive diary documenting what its like etc, I've never done this before or lived as a vegetarian for a week let alone a month but I'm quite motivated to try although I'm sure I will miss eggs cheese and bacon.

Sounds like a good idea. Vegetarian diets come in a spectrum, so you wouldn't necessarily have to refrain from eggs or cheese. If you wanted to ease in slowly you could just stop eating meats.
Thanks I am, not actually doing this with the intention of becoming a full time vegetarian but I do wanna walk in their shoes and see if there's any physical or mental effects or benefit as some folks claim.
05-08-2016, 05:06 AM
People that don't eat meat are stupid and should be shot.

[Image: oscar.png]
05-08-2016, 05:43 AM
(05-08-2016 05:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  People that don't eat meat are stupid and should be shot.

Can we make an exception for jennybee and shadowfox ? I kinda like both of them, actually tbh I like most if not all the vegetarians I've met on here, better put me up against the wall too, do I get a last request ? Tongue Big Grin
05-08-2016, 08:44 AM
(05-08-2016 05:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 05:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  People that don't eat meat are stupid and should be shot.

Can we make an exception for jennybee and shadowfox ? I kinda like both of them, actually tbh I like most if not all the vegetarians I've met on here, better put me up against the wall too, do I get a last request ? Tongue Big Grin

Only if your last request is a steak, medium rare....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-08-2016, 10:02 AM
(05-08-2016 08:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 05:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Can we make an exception for jennybee and shadowfox ? I kinda like both of them, actually tbh I like most if not all the vegetarians I've met on here, better put me up against the wall too, do I get a last request ? Tongue Big Grin

Only if your last request is a steak, medium rare....

Big Grin

Actually it would be and you even got the way I like it cooked right so kudos to you sir Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
05-08-2016, 10:06 AM
And I also want you to pull the trigger better its someone who knows what they're doing with regards firearms !
05-08-2016, 10:19 AM
No

Not in my job description...

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.