Vegan/vegetarianism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2016, 07:06 AM
RE: Vegan/vegetarianism
(26-07-2016 02:24 PM)TheMoralist Wrote:  The only annoying thing about them is their sense of superiority.

(27-07-2016 03:29 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 06:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Until you can sprout roots and suck your nutrients from the soil, and your photosynthesize your energy directly from the sun --- you're going to be stuck eating living things..............

The fact that you don't eat things with a circulatory system or a face doesn't make you morally superior to those folks that do.

It just makes you a picky eater.................

I for one, am not impressed..
Does a plant feel pain? Can it objectively interact with its environment? Can it think and make choices or feel emotions such as happy sad anger?

Can a plant mourn the loss of its offspring or a family member?

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. The choice to not eat meat has nothing to do with the creature in question being alive. It is sentience. The ability to feel emotions such as despair when something it loved died in front of them. The ability to feel pain when tortured and physically harmed. The ability to feel depression and discomfort and happiness when it is well fed and surrounded by its family and socially interacting with others?

the first half of this video. That is why we choose not to eat meat.

QED Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2016, 07:26 AM
(27-07-2016 07:06 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 02:24 PM)TheMoralist Wrote:  The only annoying thing about them is their sense of superiority.

(27-07-2016 03:29 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Does a plant feel pain? Can it objectively interact with its environment? Can it think and make choices or feel emotions such as happy sad anger?

Can a plant mourn the loss of its offspring or a family member?

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. The choice to not eat meat has nothing to do with the creature in question being alive. It is sentience. The ability to feel emotions such as despair when something it loved died in front of them. The ability to feel pain when tortured and physically harmed. The ability to feel depression and discomfort and happiness when it is well fed and surrounded by its family and socially interacting with others?

the first half of this video. That is why we choose not to eat meat.

QED Tongue

Don't you think that applying yourself to change the quality of life of animals raised for food would be a lot more helpful, given that humans are omnivores and you won't be able to convince everyone that evolution was wrong?

You could have direct impact and relieve much suffering if Vegans as a group would apply themselves and work on passing regulations that actually help existing animals.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-07-2016, 07:31 AM
(27-07-2016 07:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 07:06 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  QED Tongue

Don't you think that applying yourself to change the quality of life of animals raised for food would be a lot more helpful, given that humans are omnivores and you won't be able to convince everyone that evolution was wrong?

You could have direct impact and relieve much suffering if Vegans as a group would apply themselves and work on passing regulations that actually help existing animals.
Dom, was that post directed at me? I'm neither vegetarian nor a vegan.

I was just pointing out how right TheMoralist was.
27-07-2016, 08:39 AM
I want the world to be at that point of being vastly full of more proclaimed pro gmo vegans and vegetarians. Shifting to make that whole sentient life argument less needed because we are pushing substitutes that are safer, healthier, and more delicious than the typical available options.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-07-2016, 09:15 AM
(27-07-2016 07:31 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 07:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  Don't you think that applying yourself to change the quality of life of animals raised for food would be a lot more helpful, given that humans are omnivores and you won't be able to convince everyone that evolution was wrong?

Dom, was that post directed at me? I'm neither vegetarian nor a vegan.

I was just pointing out how right TheMoralist was.

Ooops, didn't mean to quote you. Hobo

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-07-2016, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2016 10:21 AM by adey67.)
A visit to our local butcher should be enough to cure vegetarians, the lamb from pasture fed sheep on the south downs, the pork chops are awesome with just the right among of crackling and fat, the special sausages and smoked bacon is incredibly good and the grass fed beef cattle provide steak to die for and the game is exquisite delicious pheasant rabbit pigeon and venison Drooling. The reason we have grown to become the dominant species' on our planet is because we are omnivores our brains grew to be as large as they are because we ate highly calorific meat and fats I know some wonderful vegans and my dear jennybee is one of them but sadly I have to say I do not believe that we would have evolved as supreme life form if we were pure plant eaters. Most likely we would be extinct by now and then of course there is the question of our canine teeth too, these are not residual artifacts like the appendix they are there for a purpose. I am therefore sadly compelled to form the conclusion that veganism is the fad of a modern society that has been ironically enabled and built on by omnivorous humans. No one today would have the luxury of being a vegan had it not been for the fact their ancestors were omnivorous and ate meat.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-07-2016, 10:36 AM
(27-07-2016 10:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  A visit to our local butcher should be enough to cure vegetarians,

No it wouldn't. Many vegetarians are disgusted when they see animals being butchered. Sorry you don't like it.

27-07-2016, 10:48 AM
(27-07-2016 10:36 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 10:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  A visit to our local butcher should be enough to cure vegetarians,

No it wouldn't. Many vegetarians are disgusted when they see animals being butchered. Sorry you don't like it.

No worries mate I wasn't being uber serious just extolling the virtues of the wonderful produce available in the UK .
27-07-2016, 10:52 AM
(27-07-2016 10:36 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  

Are you kidding???

Many omnivores who love meat will lose their lunch if you open up a critter in front of them......

Me -- I cut open a deer and I start getting hungry....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-07-2016, 11:01 AM
(27-07-2016 10:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 10:36 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  No it wouldn't. Many vegetarians are disgusted when they see animals being butchered. Sorry you don't like it.

Are you kidding???

Many omnivores who love meat will lose their lunch if you open up a critter in front of them......

Me -- I cut open a deer and I start getting hungry....

Big Grin

Mmmm me too Drooling Evil_monster Hobo