Veganism, Abortion and Infanticide

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
13-03-2017, 08:23 AM
RE: Veganism, Abortion and Infanticide
There is only one situation in which I condone a high level of disproportionate violence and even murder, and that is in self-defence.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
13-03-2017, 08:31 AM
(13-03-2017 08:09 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(13-03-2017 07:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I genuinely admire vegans, I wouldn't have the discipline as I love my bacon and southern fried chicken too much.
It is somewhat ironic though that the brain power we rely on to make personal diet choices evolved from and was made possible by consumption of animal protein and fats.
Personally I think a little meat is healthy but we eat way more than is necessary or justified.

Thank you Smile

It may well be the case that a little meat is healthy. Even if a lot of meat was healthy, I wouldn't eat it, because my feelings about it are too strong. But that's just me.

Due to the very limited nature of my diet (due to health complications), my wife tried to get me to sample a little bit of egg just to see if it could help me. I freaked the fuck out. I couldn't physically eat it. I also can't eat fake meat if it's too convincing.

I understand the "ew" factor with meat. I totally get it--I find it revolting. Luckily, I'm very healthy on a vegan diet--actually healthier than I've ever been. Unlike some of my friends, I take zero medications. I've never had a cavity and my energy level is extremely high.

I do thrive on a vegan diet. However, if for some reason I wasn't, I would eat meat for survival purposes, but I would only eat eggs from free range chickens and meat that was hunted and not from factory farms. My brothers all hunt and one has chickens so I could potentially eat like this if need be. I wouldn't like it because the taste and texture is just yuck for me and obviously, another reason is I love animals.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-03-2017, 08:35 AM
(13-03-2017 08:23 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  There is only one situation in which I condone a high level of disproportionate violence and even murder, and that is in self-defence.

The merry-go-round of death defense move Laugh out load You need your own reality show Wink
13-03-2017, 08:39 AM
wrong thread... sorry...
13-03-2017, 08:41 AM
Hehe, thanks Big Grin Glad you liked it Tongue

Before I got M.E. I was extremely healthy too. I've also never had a cavity, fancy that! I'm still in pretty good shape considering how little excercise I'm able to get now, and how limited my diet is. (I'm a vegan who can't eat fresh fruit and vegetables... I'm hoping this will change soon.)

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
13-03-2017, 08:53 AM
(13-03-2017 07:22 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(13-03-2017 07:14 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Are commanders who send their troops into battle trying to get their own men killed?

Yes. They are putting them in a situation where they are much more likely to be killed. They are trying to put them in harms way.

Even though killing them it isn't the primary objective in most cases, I'm sure that soldiers have been sent on missions that their commanders knew would likely result in death.

Also, look at the kamikazes. They were commanded to die.

Just admit that you don't try to avoid every ant on the sidewalk because in the end you're a speciesist like the rest of us and you don't really give a fuck about ants on sidewalks.

I actually do care about ants on sidewalks and step over them if I see them. I don't obsess about it though and constantly look down or take a broom (like is done in some religions) to make sure I don't inadvertently squash one. But see a random ant on the sidewalk and purposefully step on it just because I can--No, I would not do that. I see no reason to inflict harm on something just because.
13-03-2017, 09:10 AM
(13-03-2017 08:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-03-2017 07:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I genuinely admire vegans, I wouldn't have the discipline as I love my bacon and southern fried chicken too much.
It is somewhat ironic though that the brain power we rely on to make personal diet choices evolved from and was made possible by consumption of animal protein and fats.
Personally I think a little meat is healthy but we eat way more than is necessary or justified.

I agree, we're omnivores. That's why I have zero problems with people who eat meat. Luckily, however, nowadays we have options for those who choose not to eat meat for whatever reason. My issue and the causes I fight for have more to do with the inhumane treatment of animals and the use of animals when we don't have to.
I'm with you all the way Jenny
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-03-2017, 09:21 AM
(13-03-2017 08:41 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Hehe, thanks Big Grin Glad you liked it Tongue

Before I got M.E. I was extremely healthy too. I've also never had a cavity, fancy that! I'm still in pretty good shape considering how little excercise I'm able to get now, and how limited my diet is. (I'm a vegan who can't eat fresh fruit and vegetables... I'm hoping this will change soon.)

Woah, Rob mate, how do you manage, that must be extremely difficult for you. What sort of things can you eat if you don't mind me asking ?
13-03-2017, 09:38 AM
(13-03-2017 07:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  ... As vegans, I'm sure just by living in society we come across (and potentially use) animal products on a daily basis, despite our best efforts not to. But I don't believe that due to that, that should equate to, okay go out and kill and use all animals for everything even when there are comparable (and often times better) non-animal alternatives.

Which is why—even as a humanitarian meat-eater—I'm totally opposed to horse racing and greyhound racing, rodeos and bullfighting, and halal killing. All compromise the safety, comfort and/or the ultimate health of the animals involved, and should be banned globally ASAP.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
13-03-2017, 10:11 AM
(13-03-2017 09:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(13-03-2017 08:41 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Hehe, thanks Big Grin Glad you liked it Tongue

Woah, Rob mate, how do you manage, that must be extremely difficult for you. What sort of things can you eat if you don't mind me asking ?

Yeah, it's a bastard. Sure I don't mind Smile

I have cereal, toast, fake meat (soya), cooked soft veg (mashed potato, carrot etc), and pots of baby food (puréed fruit) mainly. I can have pizza which I love, but without toppings for now. A big chain restaurant in England called zizzis has started doing vegan pizza so that cheered me up a bit!

I recently had an operation to try and correct this, but it's not yet clear how successful it was. We're trying to very slowly introduce more things.

[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post