Veganism, Abortion and Infanticide

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
14-03-2017, 02:32 AM
RE: Veganism, Abortion and Infanticide
Okay. I thought that's what you were saying, clearly I misunderstood.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2017, 02:32 AM
Quote:Veganism, Abortion and Infanticide

sounds like a three course meal.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
14-03-2017, 02:34 AM
(14-03-2017 02:32 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Okay. I thought that's what you were saying, clearly I misunderstood.

You misunderstood what?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-03-2017, 02:36 AM
I thought that was your moral defense.

I try to take actions, as far as possible, that I can morally defend. Of course there's always going to be conflict and compromise, but it's important to me to be able to justify what I do. If I can't, I feel awful.

That's just me.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
14-03-2017, 02:42 AM
(14-03-2017 02:36 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I thought that was your moral defense.

I try to take actions, as far as possible, that I can morally defend. Of course there's always going to be conflict and compromise, but it's important to me to be able to justify what I do. If I can't, I feel awful.

That's just me.

I don't need to justify eating meat, nor I see reason to even think that such justification is needed so I can't feel awful about such.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-03-2017, 02:45 AM
Okay.

14-03-2017, 05:09 AM
I've had people take that position before, you see. They said that eating meat was justified because they like doing it. So clearly such a person feels it needs justifying.

I pointed out that me enjoying throwing a grenade into a playground full of children wouldn't be very good justification, and he didn't have an answer to that. "I was being ridiculous." This was a teacher at my school, who bullied me daily because I was vegetarian. He obviously felt the need to pre-emptively defend his position, even though I was just keeping to myself.

14-03-2017, 05:18 AM
(14-03-2017 01:10 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Sure, I find evangelical vegans just as annoying as you do. They give us a bad name. Unfortunately, those who shout the loudest get heard most often. I don't go around announcing my veganism, I don't mention it unless it comes up in conversation. I don't judge others or tell them what to do. Sadly some people assume that I do, just because of the loud mouth element.

My brother is one of that gang. I feel that in general, you don't change people's minds that way. It's counter productive. Some people have changed their mind about things after talking to me, and it's always been because they've come to me wanting to discuss things. If I'd instead piled on them and tried to harass them into submission, I'm sure they'd have just dug in further.

I'm not actively trying to change people's minds. Just like all my positions, I'll state them openly and honestly when appropriate. If that causes someone to think, ask me questions and possibly even change their mind, then great. If not, then that's fine too.

I don't know too much about some people not physically tolerating a vegan diet, but I certainly think that would be true. I wouldn't expect anyone to make themselves ill. Ironically, due to my health conditions, my body would not tolerate well many of the things I choose to cut out anyway.

I'm the same way. I don't believe in telling anyone what or how to eat. I don't like vegans who try and tell others what they should eat and I agree it gives the rest of us a bad name and is highly counterproductive and actually makes people have zero interest in trying a vegan lifestyle or hearing anything you have to say.

What does irritate me is when some people assume all vegans are like this. Just like any group of people, you have a wide variety of personalities and ways of life. Just because someone says they are vegan, don't immediately assume they fall under the militaristic category.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-03-2017, 05:50 AM
(14-03-2017 05:18 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 01:10 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Sure, I find evangelical vegans just as annoying as you do. They give us a bad name. Unfortunately, those who shout the loudest get heard most often. I don't go around announcing my veganism, I don't mention it unless it comes up in conversation. I don't judge others or tell them what to do. Sadly some people assume that I do, just because of the loud mouth element.

My brother is one of that gang. I feel that in general, you don't change people's minds that way. It's counter productive. Some people have changed their mind about things after talking to me, and it's always been because they've come to me wanting to discuss things. If I'd instead piled on them and tried to harass them into submission, I'm sure they'd have just dug in further.

I'm not actively trying to change people's minds. Just like all my positions, I'll state them openly and honestly when appropriate. If that causes someone to think, ask me questions and possibly even change their mind, then great. If not, then that's fine too.

I don't know too much about some people not physically tolerating a vegan diet, but I certainly think that would be true. I wouldn't expect anyone to make themselves ill. Ironically, due to my health conditions, my body would not tolerate well many of the things I choose to cut out anyway.

I'm the same way. I don't believe in telling anyone what or how to eat. I don't like vegans who try and tell others what they should eat and I agree it gives the rest of us a bad name and is highly counterproductive and actually makes people have zero interest in trying a vegan lifestyle or hearing anything you have to say.

What does irritate me is when some people assume all vegans are like this. Just like any group of people, you have a wide variety of personalities and ways of life. Just because someone says they are vegan, don't immediately assume they fall under the militaristic category.

I was probably a bit prejudiced but tbh seeing you so upset earlier in the year was a catalyst for a major attitude adjustment. Now I'm much more open minded and hopefully a lot more understanding and respectful of peoples personal choices and the reasoning behind them.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
14-03-2017, 05:58 AM
(14-03-2017 05:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 05:18 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm the same way. I don't believe in telling anyone what or how to eat. I don't like vegans who try and tell others what they should eat and I agree it gives the rest of us a bad name and is highly counterproductive and actually makes people have zero interest in trying a vegan lifestyle or hearing anything you have to say.

I was probably a bit prejudiced but tbh seeing you so upset earlier in the year was a catalyst for a major attitude adjustment. Now I'm much more open minded and hopefully a lot more understanding and respectful of peoples personal choices and the reasoning behind them.

Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi