Veganism Is Fucking Retarded

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2012, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2012 05:56 AM by Dom.)
RE: Veganism Is Fucking Retarded
I'm only going to chime in once, in one of these threads, and here goes:

You have to look at evolution to know what is best for your body, what it is MADE to do.

People will do best eating seasonally.

During the growing season people ate mostly what grew, green things in the spring, all color veggies and fruit in summer and fall, mostly roots, grains and meat in the winter.

People in climates with cold winters are supposed to gain weight in the fall and winter and shed it in the spring. In warm climates there is not supposed to be any weight gain.

During the spring and summer meat pops up randomly, as they come across animals to eat. But most cultures would not hunt during the spring when animals had babies. In the fall much hunting takes place, babies are grown enough to withstand the winter without their parents and humans fatten up for winter and store what they can.

That's what human bodies have evolved to do. And that is what is best.

Of course our brains try to fulfill our every whim and we are good at it, to the point that you can get any type of food any time of the year now. Then our brains keep trying to rationalize what is best to eat.

We are omnivores by evolution and all edible things that are not highly processed (thus losing nutrition and picking up components NOT made for human consumption by nature) are good for us to eat - seasonally.

Today's vegetables and fruit as sold in stores leave much to be desired, most of all palatibility. That is why a lot of people eat mostly processed foods that have the missing flavor added back , such as sugar. A generation or two of city dwellers has never tasted good fruit and veggies. Ever.

Vegetables sold in stores today are not bred for flavor at all anymore, since all sugar content disappears with refrigeration anyways. They are bred for the ability to fight off insects, for not bruising when picked by machine, for turning color without sun within a given tme period (picking to store display(if not artificially radiated to gain color) and thick skins to withstand rough handling during treansport.

The result is something that has none of the flavors that make the food delicious, most importantly natural sugar content. Only in organically grown heirloom varieties will you find the natural delicousness anymore, and the vast majority of humans in cities never get to taste this.

So people eat what is naturally palatable anymore, and that is highly processed food, and they get fat and unhealthy.

Other folk watch this and run to the other extreme and become vegans or what all have you.

Very few people eat in the way our bodies are built to do.

Of course we are still evolving and always will, and this change in nutrition will affect the way we process food in the long run.

People who eat seasonally are on the best possible diet for the human body, period. Weight fluctuations are natural and healthy if seasonal. Permanently being fat or skinny is not the way our bodies were built. And if we spend the winters mostly in heated rooms, we don't need the amount of fat in the fall diet anymore.

When food is good for you, you know it. It hits the spot, you feel sated and it tastes wonderful. This is different from the satisfaction derived from eating chocolate cake with whipped cream, which is a fleeting taste treat that leaves you sluggish. Eating good food leaves you all around happy and energetic.

Processed foods come fairly close to tasting good, but they sorely lack nutrients, the flavor is added via refined sugar and chemicals, none of it is good for you. It makes you fat but malnutritioned. And I think (I said I think) that probably cancer is closely linked to food additives.

The huge issue here is that store bought fruit and vegetables don't taste good anymore. Meats still taste good, allbeit they are full of antibiotics, hormones and specifically also adrenalin. The inhumane killings produce all this adrealin because the poor animal is terrified building up to and during death. Then you ingest that shit. No wonder there is so much craziness and emotional defect in people these days.

So we are meant to eat seasonally what would normally grow, and the meat we eat isn't supposed to be full of artificial hormones, antibiotics and adrenalin. Fresh veggies and fruit from the store taste like crap and people don't eat enough of them.

My personal suspicion is that many human disorders of the day are due to the food suppply we have tampered with without knowing shit about long term effects. Obesity, cancer, autism and a whole slew of disorders are relatively new. About the same age as our tampering with food, which is not long at all looking at evolution.

Anyway, forget all the attempts by humans to alter the way we eat. The natural diet we evolved to eat is the best for us.

End of rant.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
30-12-2012, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2012 06:42 AM by Logica Humano.)
(30-12-2012 05:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  My personal suspicion is that many human disorders of the day are due to the food suppply we have tampered with without knowing shit about long term effects. Obesity, cancer, autism and a whole slew of disorders are relatively new. About the same age as our tampering with food, which is not long at all looking at evolution.
I can assure you that said ailments are not a result of us manipulating our sustenance. Cancer is simply the mutation of a cell, that occurs all the time. A person literally gets cancer constantly, the difference being that their immune system can fend it off. So far, "studies" that have addressed the issues concerning the link between food preservatives and cancer show no such thing.

Obesity is a result of an abundance of food, but I can think of three examples of first world nations with low obesity rates. So it has nothing to do with the food, but everything to do with the activities of the person. I am an American, the second fattest nation per capita. I am currently 6'3", but only weigh 136 pounds. Why? Because I take care of myself and exercise. It is not the food provider's fault, it is people's inability to control themselves.

Autism is not new either (it is even speculated that Isaac Newton had it), and is a birth defect as a result of a genetic coding error. One does not "catch" autism, one is born with it.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
30-12-2012, 07:09 AM
(29-12-2012 09:56 PM)amyb Wrote:  Omnivores can eat only plants, but that doesn't mean it's the easiest/best way to get the necessary nutrients.

Ummm, no. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2012, 07:13 AM
(29-12-2012 11:08 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 10:56 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Plants aren't as easily digested as meat. Cows have several stomach compartments including re chewing to be able to digest food more efficiently, rabbits eat their own shit etc. Even herbivores have difficulty with them.

Plants alone aren't ideal food.

Short term there is nothing wrong with the vegan diet. In fact if people want to loose weight the raw vegan diet along with exercise will possible lead to the most efficient weight loss, due to the body getting less energy from raw food.

Long term though, to live on I wouldn't recommend it.
-You are wrong, it takes a banana around 24 hours to digest, meat takes up to 3 days, in most cases. Because humans have long digestive system, long intestines typical of herbivores- whereas carnivorous animals have short digestive systems.

-They are, since they give you the best nutrients per calorie.

-I don't care about 'quick fixes' to health. Neither should you.

You are repeating internet meme bullshit.
If I eat a roast beef dinner, that dinner is out the other end within 24 hours. All of it.

Where did this "it takes 3 days" baloney come from? It's made up.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
30-12-2012, 08:11 AM
(30-12-2012 07:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 09:56 PM)amyb Wrote:  Omnivores can eat only plants, but that doesn't mean it's the easiest/best way to get the necessary nutrients.

Ummm, no. Drinking Beverage
FZU is proof that veganism isn't the best way to get one's nutrients, I'd say.
30-12-2012, 08:19 AM
I think veganism and even vegetarianism is some sort of genetic defect in the brain that causes an overactive sense of empathy for animals.

srs

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-12-2012, 08:23 AM
An over empathetic disorder you say?

You might just be on to something. We must get people working on this.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
30-12-2012, 08:23 AM
(30-12-2012 08:11 AM)amyb Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 07:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Ummm, no. Drinking Beverage
FZU is proof that veganism isn't the best way to get one's nutrients, I'd say.

Absolutely. Tongue

Note: I believe I misread amyb's post, so my response was wrong. Consider

30-12-2012, 08:24 AM
(29-12-2012 10:52 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 10:17 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Professional level athletes eat meat every now and then as a treat in their off season. Johan Blake, Usain Bolt have a diet consisting primarily of high glucose/carbs- read that they ate at least 15 bananas a day. You know, these are the models for health saying this- not me. I trust those who show their superiority through results, rather than theories. If you think you can run a sub 10 100m after eating a steak, you are crazy.

[Image: arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg&sa=X&a...Yjrp_yt3UA]

This man disagrees with you. He and his kind consume roughly 300 grams of protein daily via eggs, red meat, chicken, and protein shakes. Bodybuilders are not notorious for dying young.
Well not really. Many pro bbers are currently in their 60s, 70s, and 80s and still in great shape. But the ones that have died early are likely due to some of the same reasons that cause any other person to die early and others are due to the strain that steroids and training have put on their organs.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-12-2012, 08:27 AM
(30-12-2012 12:24 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 10:52 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  This man disagrees with you. He and his kind consume roughly 300 grams of protein daily via eggs, red meat, chicken, and protein shakes. Bodybuilders are not notorious for dying young.
I don't want to look like a deformed cloud. Besides, arnie is overweight these days. So in the long run, it doesn't really work. All the roids, supplements and stuff will catch up with you.

This is my idea of the ideal body:

[Image: Michael3.jpg]

[Image: photo-on-2011-03-07-at-12-15.jpg]
That dude is skinny as fuck. He doesn't even work out. Just has a genetic disposition to low body fat.

-Mark Twain