Veganism Is Fucking Retarded

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2012, 10:46 AM
RE: Veganism Is Fucking Retarded
(30-12-2012 10:37 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 09:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  Knowing does not equal being there.

Have you been to a slaughter house? If so, how many times? I have been to one several times, and I am not what you describe. I acknowledge animals have nervous systems, and that they are living organisms. My only question is why people put so much value on only certain types of organisms. You do not, at all, show an equal amount of empathy for all organisms. Do you really care about flies, ants, and other insects? You care just as much about the small rodents that chew the wires in your car? Really? No, you fucking don't.

I do not share the amount of empathy you have for cattle. I think they should have a reasonably comfortable life prior to their being slaughtered, but I do not think they should be spared their ultimate end. Everyone here is so willing to accept evolution, but they are so unwilling to accept the reality all creatures are subjected to. Many say that our owning cattle, the artificial selection we put them through, is unnatural. I'd say it is natural. Like you said, we are like them in many regards. What is to say, given that we were not so fortunate, that other species would not have evolved to the same capable level and do the same things? All animals, if they could, would own and devour animals if it benefits them.

I said mammals and birds.

And I said I eat meat.

I don't see any difference between humans and other mammals.

And I have raised my own meat and happily eaten it - they had a good life and a death they never knew happened. No issues there whatsoever. Also not having any issues with hunting as long as the hunter has bothered to learn how to shoot properly.

Humans have evolved as omnivores, and we have eaten meat for centuries. What is new is mass food production, and I find it horrific. On all levels, in a humane sense and on a health basis. I am damn glad I am able to spend my life here now, I would not want to be born much later, although I guess the people then won't know any better and have no idea they are eating freaking cardboard.

Anyway, I am emotional about this and will now withdraw from this thread.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2012, 11:04 AM
(30-12-2012 12:10 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Haha, 'a cow is bigger and has larger intestines than humans, so humans are not herbivores' wtf. A rabbit has smaller intestines than a human, so I guess they should be carnivores. You need to learn math, let alone biology.

Again I never said that. Herbivores need longer guts to get the most from plants because they are so difficult to break down.

You really know nothing of even simple biology. It's sad that you think you know so much when you know so little.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
30-12-2012, 11:30 AM
(30-12-2012 10:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 10:37 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Have you been to a slaughter house? If so, how many times? I have been to one several times, and I am not what you describe. I acknowledge animals have nervous systems, and that they are living organisms. My only question is why people put so much value on only certain types of organisms. You do not, at all, show an equal amount of empathy for all organisms. Do you really care about flies, ants, and other insects? You care just as much about the small rodents that chew the wires in your car? Really? No, you fucking don't.

I do not share the amount of empathy you have for cattle. I think they should have a reasonably comfortable life prior to their being slaughtered, but I do not think they should be spared their ultimate end. Everyone here is so willing to accept evolution, but they are so unwilling to accept the reality all creatures are subjected to. Many say that our owning cattle, the artificial selection we put them through, is unnatural. I'd say it is natural. Like you said, we are like them in many regards. What is to say, given that we were not so fortunate, that other species would not have evolved to the same capable level and do the same things? All animals, if they could, would own and devour animals if it benefits them.

I said mammals and birds.

And I said I eat meat.

I don't see any difference between humans and other mammals.

And I have raised my own meat and happily eaten it - they had a good life and a death they never knew happened. No issues there whatsoever. Also not having any issues with hunting as long as the hunter has bothered to learn how to shoot properly.

Humans have evolved as omnivores, and we have eaten meat for centuries. What is new is mass food production, and I find it horrific. On all levels, in a humane sense and on a health basis. I am damn glad I am able to spend my life here now, I would not want to be born much later, although I guess the people then won't know any better and have no idea they are eating freaking cardboard.

Anyway, I am emotional about this and will now withdraw from this thread.
I provided an instance that involved a mammal.

Irrelevant.

You don't? I do. We are the only species that allocates an extensive amount of resources to domesticate animals that would otherwise have been driven to extinction. That is one thing I find noticeably different between us and our cousins.

Did you slaughter it yourself?

What is so horrific about it? We have been eating mass produced food for over one hundred years, nothing too devastating has occurred due to the influx in availability other than a massive population explosion. As I have said, there is no causation between this method of producing food and any of the health hazards you mentioned.

I am emotional about this debate too, but I am not letting it guide my argument.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-12-2012, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2012 04:45 PM by Free Thought.)
(30-12-2012 11:04 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 12:10 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Haha, 'a cow is bigger and has larger intestines than humans, so humans are not herbivores' wtf. A rabbit has smaller intestines than a human, so I guess they should be carnivores. You need to learn math, let alone biology.

Again I never said that. Herbivores need longer guts to get the most from plants because they are so difficult to break down.

You really know nothing of even simple biology. It's sad that you think you know so much when you know so little.
As much as I hate to say it:

Just stop, I've been down that road before, leads nowhere.

You'd probably have more luck trying to convince KC of the lack of his god. You'd most certainly have an easier time of it at least.

Or convincing a mathematician that 2+3 = 198,000,000.74.

Or convincing a historian that England conquered the Holy Roman Empire using their war elephants and ICBM firing longbows..

...You'd most certainly be greeted with more open minds, most certainly.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
30-12-2012, 05:30 PM
People keep speaking about protein, but I don't know if they know what they are talking about. You guys seem so worried about it, but I don't know why. You know it's almost impossible to be protein deficient, In fact there is no medical word for protein deficiency it's so rare. You never see or hear of people dying from protein deficiency, but obesity/high cholesterol all the time. In fact, the World Health Organisation came out in the 70s and said that you need at least 2.5-5% of your calories to come from protein.

You can get that from eating only fruit, easy. Let alone higher protein vegetation.
30-12-2012, 05:54 PM
(30-12-2012 05:30 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  People keep speaking about protein, but I don't know if they know what they are talking about. You guys seem so worried about it, but I don't know why. You know it's almost impossible to be protein deficient, In fact there is no medical word for protein deficiency it's so rare. You never see or hear of people dying from protein deficiency, but obesity/high cholesterol all the time. In fact, the World Health Organisation came out in the 70s and said that you need at least 2.5-5% of your calories to come from protein.

You can get that from eating only fruit, easy. Let alone higher protein vegetation.
We are as evolved as we are because of protein. The discovery of fire and our ability to now digest meat better directly resulted in the brain size that allows us to postulate such things. Now it's true that you can get protein from tofu and soy but why would you want to? Steaks and bacon is so delicious and as the species at the top of the food chain I'm choose to exercise my ability to carnivorize shit.

Also, you can certainly survive on just a few grams of protein per day. Maybe look scraggly like the physique you posted but no person could be physically fit with that low amount of protein. .5g per lb of body weight at a minimum would be needed to maintain any sensible amount of muscle mass. I personally eat 3 times that. Mostly from chicken and turkey.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-12-2012, 05:59 PM
(30-12-2012 05:54 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 05:30 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  People keep speaking about protein, but I don't know if they know what they are talking about. You guys seem so worried about it, but I don't know why. You know it's almost impossible to be protein deficient, In fact there is no medical word for protein deficiency it's so rare. You never see or hear of people dying from protein deficiency, but obesity/high cholesterol all the time. In fact, the World Health Organisation came out in the 70s and said that you need at least 2.5-5% of your calories to come from protein.

We are as evolved as we are because of protein. The discovery of fire and our ability to now digest meat better directly resulted in the brain size that allows us to postulate such things. Now it's true that you can get protein from tofu and soy but why would you want to? Steaks and bacon is so delicious and as the species at the top of the food chain I'm choose to exercise my ability to carnivorize shit.

Also, you can certainly survive on just a few grams of protein per day. Maybe look scraggly like the physique you posted but no person could be physically fit with that low amount of protein. .5g per lb of body weight at a minimum would be needed to maintain any sensible amount of muscle mass. I personally eat 3 times that. Mostly from chicken and turkey.
You don't need to guess like that, I just gave you the facts. Every and any food has protein in it, hence why there is no medical word for protein deficiency.
30-12-2012, 06:03 PM
(30-12-2012 05:59 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 05:54 PM)germanyt Wrote:  We are as evolved as we are because of protein. The discovery of fire and our ability to now digest meat better directly resulted in the brain size that allows us to postulate such things. Now it's true that you can get protein from tofu and soy but why would you want to? Steaks and bacon is so delicious and as the species at the top of the food chain I'm choose to exercise my ability to carnivorize shit.

You don't need to guess like that, I just gave you the facts. Every and any food has protein in it, hence why there is no medical word for protein deficiency.
Who's guessing? And who's providing facts? So the WHO says you can stay alive on 2.5% cals from protein? So what? Doesn't mean you'll want to be alive.

Try telling this guy to eat just a few grams of protein a day. Trust me, he has far more dietary knowledge than you think you do.

[Image: Phil-Heath1.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-12-2012, 06:07 PM
(30-12-2012 06:03 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 05:59 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  You don't need to guess like that, I just gave you the facts. Every and any food has protein in it, hence why there is no medical word for protein deficiency.
Who's guessing? And who's providing facts? So the WHO says you can stay alive on 2.5% cals from protein? So what? Doesn't mean you'll want to be alive.

Try telling this guy to eat just a few grams of protein a day. Trust me, he has far more dietary knowledge than you think you do.

I'm sure he does, for building muscle mass- but I don't want to look like that. I want to look lean and mean like Bruce Lee, cyclists, marathon runners. Why can't you accept that not every man wants to look like a deformed cloud? Give me a break...
30-12-2012, 06:17 PM
(30-12-2012 06:07 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 06:03 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Who's guessing? And who's providing facts? So the WHO says you can stay alive on 2.5% cals from protein? So what? Doesn't mean you'll want to be alive.

I'm sure he does, for building muscle mass- but I don't want to look like that. I want to look lean and mean like Bruce Lee, cyclists, marathon runners. Why can't you accept that not every man wants to look like a deformed cloud? Give me a break...
What? I can certainly accept that. How about you find me a cyclist or marathon runner that only gets 2.5% of his calories from protein?

Actually don't waste your time. You can't.

-Mark Twain