Veganism Is Fucking Retarded

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Veganism Is Fucking Retarded
(03-01-2013 10:36 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day
Quote:Those hippy half-wits are missing out on the vital nutrients required to keep a human heathy.
Mind posting a picture of your exquisitely healthy physique? A shot of TTA's forum on your computer in the background would be nice too.

Health and physique are not the same thing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 01:21 PM by Vosur.)
(03-01-2013 03:05 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Actually the informed vegans can get everything we get from meat, from plants and other things.
With all due respect, it appears to me that you have responded to the wrong post, seeing that I have never disputed your claim.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
03-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Hey Guys,

I am new and I am vegan.

First i want to mention that "Veganism is fucking retarded" is not really a proper heading for such a fundamental and interesting discussion. As far as I can see, there are some notable scientific assumptions about the healthwise and ecological consequences of consuming no animal products as well as personal ethics convincing people to go vegan. The fact that some vegans are quite pushy talking the whole day about their Persuasion in a quite missionary way may be reasoned through their conviction.
Wouldn't you also try to spread your opinion, if you think it's so pivotal to cause a change? They are the change they want to see in the world while they make their fellow human beings to be it, too. I think leading a normal discussion is exactly the same.

The ecological and health-aspects are also important, but I don't want to focus on them.
Animal ethics is an issue, which was less considered in the last posts. Hence I want to explain my perception concerning this matter.

Peter Singer, arguably the most considerable contemporary Ethicist, says in his Practical Ethics the following things about veganism. Singer emphasizes the ethical necessity of the holistic boycott of the animal industry. This postulation is justified by him through the preference utilitarianism, his self designed ethical approach. Its heuristic says that a action is morally if its consequences coincides with all available preferences. Also relevant in this context is the principle of egalitarianism. All preferences being contentually the same has the same value. So a human prefence to live without harm has the same value as this preference of an antbear.

Moreover he categorizes the entities. In this dicussion are to be only the conscious (e.g. mammals, fishes, amphibious and so on) and the self-conscious (e.g. humankind, dolphins etc.) entities interesting, because in this categories fall the most animals we are consuming. The third group contains dead materia and non-conscious live like plants and sponges. It shall be in this case not relevant.
Cows, Pigs, Sheep et cetera are conscious. Whereas Dolphins and Whales, we are also slaughtering, seem to be even self-conscious. Both groups are ethically relevant, because they have preferences like avoiding anguish, avoiding harm. Furthermore in the case of self-conscious animals the spectrum of preferences is complemented by the preference to live.

Let's come to the utilization of this concept. The conscious-animals preferences of a harm-free existence and feeding their offsprings is contrary to the human preference of the aesthetics of enjoyment (like already argued: There is no necessety of eating animal products). Effectively everytime the animal preferences are prevailing the human ones.
That implies eating animals can be morally, but only in really specific situations. Our recent meat, dairy and egg production is not able to satisfy our preferences while regarding animal ones. It is not matching any of the foregoing preferences. That fact makes it unethical.

In my humble opinion, there is no necessity for human beings to be morally. It is just like pleasure an aesthetical issue. But if you place value on acting morally you should reflect about the way humankind is treating animals and whether there are relevant rational ethical approaches justifying it.
We are by far the most intelligent species on this planet. In my mind, our intellect is too good for subjugating the whole world. We should use it to make our contribution to the holistic equilibrium. That is also a way of self esteem.

Keep thinking!

Pre

P.S.: Sorry for my pretty bad school english. Big Grin
03-05-2013, 03:12 PM
I agree, the way animals are kept is in sore need of cleaning up. Even if one has no empathy for them (which I do), they are a bomb ready to explode. They are so pumped full of antibiotics and hormones that I strongly suspect they have something to do with today's maladies. Not to mention that the inhumane, crowded conditions are ideal for the propagation of bacterial diseases. And the antibiotics become useless when overused... It's a major health issue for people. The inhumane slaughter means that on top of the antibiotics and hormones residing in your meat you get a ton of adrenalin (these animals are scared out of their wits!). You eat all that shit. I wouldn't be surprised if it were one of the roots of autism.

Having had the privilege of eating meat that has been raised on pastures and humanely butchered at home (mine or others) I can also tell you that supermarket, mass produced meat has no flavor anymore compared to pastured animal meat.

Humans have evolved to be omnivores. Don't tell me that this doesn't mean that they thrive best when eating everything. They have also evolved with seasonal availability and are most adapted to eating for instance tons of veggies and fruit in the summer and fall and more meats and fats in the winter. That is what our body is made for.

And lastly, it doesn't matter what it is, if someone keeps trying to push it on me, I automatically resist. I hate people preaching at me, whatever their mission may be.

I see mass production of food as a great danger to humans on all levels, vegetables too. It makes me glad I was born when I was, I won't be around long enough to see the full effect of all the minimally tested additives in our foods. And I think I am seeing some of it already in the form of cancer and autism and what have you.

IMO it is not a matter of eating less or no meat, all our food stuffs are chuckfull of crap that is not made for human consumption.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
03-05-2013, 03:20 PM
(03-05-2013 03:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  I agree, the way animals are kept is in sore need of cleaning up. Even if one has no empathy for them (which I do), they are a bomb ready to explode. They are so pumped full of antibiotics and hormones that I strongly suspect they have something to do with today's maladies. Not to mention that the inhumane, crowded conditions are ideal for the propagation of bacterial diseases. And the antibiotics become useless when overused... It's a major health issue for people. The inhumane slaughter means that on top of the antibiotics and hormones residing in your meat you get a ton of adrenalin (these animals are scared out of their wits!). You eat all that shit. I wouldn't be surprised if it were one of the roots of autism.

Having had the privilege of eating meat that has been raised on pastures and humanely butchered at home (mine or others) I can also tell you that supermarket, mass produced meat has no flavor anymore compared to pastured animal meat.

Humans have evolved to be omnivores. Don't tell me that this doesn't mean that they thrive best when eating everything. They have also evolved with seasonal availability and are most adapted to eating for instance tons of veggies and fruit in the summer and fall and more meats and fats in the winter. That is what our body is made for.

And lastly, it doesn't matter what it is, if someone keeps trying to push it on me, I automatically resist. I hate people preaching at me, whatever their mission may be.

I see mass production of food as a great danger to humans on all levels, vegetables too. It makes me glad I was born when I was, I won't be around long enough to see the full effect of all the minimally tested additives in our foods. And I think I am seeing some of it already in the form of cancer and autism and what have you.

IMO it is not a matter of eating less or no meat, all our food stuffs are chuckfull of crap that is not made for human consumption.
Dom, could you please re post this, but break it down into separate posts for each sentence? That way I can give it all the likes it deserves. Drinking Beverage

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
03-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Human beings are omnivores. We have not evolved the digestive system required to get all the nutrients we need from plant matter, nor from meat alone. In fact, we lost some of the ability we used to have in that regard (vestigial appendix), so we do need both.

Technology can replace some of those lost nutrients in dietary supplements, but why go through the trouble?

Meat is wonderful.
03-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Hey, I just want to give a healthy, "go fuck yourself," to everyone hating on vegans.

This thread isn't worth my used shit wad. What a fucking pompous, self-centred, dismissive, uneducated, dimwitted, utterly pathetic sack of rotten monkey shit.

I've been a vegan for a decade. I, unlike some people in this thread, have an education and can rationally discuss and enlighten people about the pros and cons of veganism and dispel some of the misconceptions... But not in this thread. This thread is vomitous.

To the vegans and to our vegan allies in this thread, I say "big love".

To everyone else, eat rancid shit and bleed from pustulent boils. Especially you, OP. Especially you.
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
03-05-2013, 04:21 PM
I think the main issue is people are not eating a diet that is , for lack of a better word, balanced. Look at other apes. The main part of their diet is fruit and leafy plants. They eat some meat, but the main part is not meat.

We humans eat an incredible amount of meat in the U.S.

Just fly over the western part of the U.S. Look down at the feedlots that hold hundreds of thousands of cows. JUST COWS. Add the pigs and chickens to that and you get an enormous amount of meat produced.

to me, it is not that we eat meat, but that we eat too much of it. You don't have to stop eating meat. Just cut back how much meat you consume.

That said, if someone wanted to go vegan, it can be done correctly. You just have to make sure that the nutrients you would get from eating meat is met by another source (other protein sources like nuts and beans).

I could never be vegan. I like roasted chicken legs too much. and country fried ham.

Meat is not necessary for a good diet.
03-05-2013, 04:47 PM
(03-05-2013 04:12 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, I just want to give a healthy, "go fuck yourself," to everyone hating on vegans.

This thread isn't worth my used shit wad. What a fucking pompous, self-centred, dismissive, uneducated, dimwitted, utterly pathetic sack of rotten monkey shit.

I've been a vegan for a decade. I, unlike some people in this thread, have an education and can rationally discuss and enlighten people about the pros and cons of veganism and dispel some of the misconceptions... But not in this thread. This thread is vomitous.

To the vegans and to our vegan allies in this thread, I say "big love".

To everyone else, eat rancid shit and bleed from pustulent boils. Especially you, OP. Especially you.

I'll follow that with a healthy, "go fuck yourself" to anyone telling me I am unethical for eating meat.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
03-05-2013, 05:02 PM
(03-05-2013 04:12 PM)Ghost Wrote:  To everyone else, eat rancid shit and bleed from pustulent boils. Especially you, OP. Especially you.

You do realize that this is a five-month-old thread,yeah? OP doesn't seem to be around no morez. Tongue

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user