Veganism Is Fucking Retarded

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Veganism Is Fucking Retarded
Maybe he ate rancid shit.... Confused

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 05:20 PM
(03-05-2013 03:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  I agree, the way animals are kept is in sore need of cleaning up. Even if one has no empathy for them (which I do), they are a bomb ready to explode. They are so pumped full of antibiotics and hormones that I strongly suspect they have something to do with today's maladies. Not to mention that the inhumane, crowded conditions are ideal for the propagation of bacterial diseases. And the antibiotics become useless when overused... It's a major health issue for people. The inhumane slaughter means that on top of the antibiotics and hormones residing in your meat you get a ton of adrenalin (these animals are scared out of their wits!). You eat all that shit. I wouldn't be surprised if it were one of the roots of autism.

It's like every 100 years or so we seem to forget the lessons of our past: The Jungle.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
03-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I have not read the rest of the thread, but I was reading somewhere the other day something about the alleged problem with meat is not meat itself, or even red meat, but processed meats. People who eat good quality meats usually also eat a fair amount of cheaper, shittier meats such as hot dogs, cold cuts, and bacon. The idea was that people who live in arctic areas and eat most/all animal products don't have the same disease we attribute to red meats here in the US or some shit.

But anyway, what I took away from that is it seems true to me that many people don't make a real distinction. There are people who eat meat and people who don't eat meat, and the meat-eaters are subdivided into the groups that eat red meat and those who do not eat red meat, rather than the groups that eat fresh from the farm meats and those who also eat highly processed shit like hot dogs. I haven't seen much on the topic, but it's at least true that cold cuts, etc are chock full of sodium and other things, so it seems to make sense.

I probably had a point, but I have a headache so nevermind.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
03-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Hey, Stark.

You're unethical for a lot of reasons. Eating meat aint one of em, brother. Do I tell them all about Thailand Cool

Hey, Cantor.

It's the thought that counts Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
03-05-2013, 09:48 PM
(03-05-2013 09:30 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Stark.

You're unethical for a lot of reasons. Eating meat aint one of em, brother. Do I tell them all about Thailand

You swore you never would! Blush

Just visiting.

-SR
04-05-2013, 05:52 AM
(03-05-2013 08:22 PM)amyb Wrote:  I have not read the rest of the thread, but I was reading somewhere the other day something about the alleged problem with meat is not meat itself, or even red meat, but processed meats. People who eat good quality meats usually also eat a fair amount of cheaper, shittier meats such as hot dogs, cold cuts, and bacon. The idea was that people who live in arctic areas and eat most/all animal products don't have the same disease we attribute to red meats here in the US or some shit.

But anyway, what I took away from that is it seems true to me that many people don't make a real distinction. There are people who eat meat and people who don't eat meat, and the meat-eaters are subdivided into the groups that eat red meat and those who do not eat red meat, rather than the groups that eat fresh from the farm meats and those who also eat highly processed shit like hot dogs. I haven't seen much on the topic, but it's at least true that cold cuts, etc are chock full of sodium and other things, so it seems to make sense.

I probably had a point, but I have a headache so nevermind.

Apart from all the crap they pumped into the animals that you are now eating when consuming any meat, the issue with processed meats is that they contain nitrites, which is a known cancer agent. The thing with cancer causing compounds is that it apparently takes a certain genetic makeup, or chemical balance, or likely both, in a person for cancer to occur. So, some people eat this stuff and don't get cancer, and some do. And it is not an instant thing but cumulative.

I am sure we will eventually get to the bottom of this. Meanwhile, nitrates should be regarded as poison. There has been enough pressure on the larger companies that we now have at least one major company produce processed meat without the use of nitrates - Hormel has a line of nitrate free cold cuts. Doesn't cost any more than the others either.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man