Vegemite, Promite or Marmite?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2016, 08:23 PM
I bought a jar of Vegemite and Marmite last year. I had to mail order them as I live in the US and they are not normally stocked on the grocery shelf.

I can say that Vegemite is the better one. Marmite is so strong and has some bitter flavors added. I don't mind Marmite but it is not as good as Vegemite.

I never heard of the other one. Does it taste more like V or M?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2016, 08:25 PM
RE: Vegemite, Promite or Marmite?
(07-02-2016 06:53 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 06:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The side that wants to see them all burned because they're vile? That side? Is that the side we all know I'm on because that's the side I'm on.

Though Marmite is the least foul of the lot. And I do really enjoy Weet Bix.

[Image: 248089_5539ddc77af92481896486.jpeg]

Big Grin

[Image: funny-cat-lolcat-dafuq.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-02-2016, 08:54 PM
(07-02-2016 08:23 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I bought a jar of Vegemite and Marmite last year. I had to mail order them as I live in the US and they are not normally stocked on the grocery shelf.

I can say that Vegemite is the better one. Marmite is so strong and has some bitter flavors added. I don't mind Marmite but it is not as good as Vegemite.

I never heard of the other one. Does it taste more like V or M?

The trick is not to spread it like peanut butter. Just a little is often enough.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-02-2016, 09:10 PM
(07-02-2016 08:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  The trick is not to spread it like peanut butter. Just a little is often enough.

But I can eat Vegemite like peanut butter. Well almost anyway. That yeasty goo is tasty. I ate that shit everyday until the jar was empty. I put boiling water in the empty jar and drank the broth.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
07-02-2016, 09:14 PM
(07-02-2016 09:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 08:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  The trick is not to spread it like peanut butter. Just a little is often enough.

But I can eat Vegemite like peanut butter. Well almost anyway. That yeasty goo is tasty. I ate that shit everyday until the jar was empty. I put boiling water in the empty jar and drank the broth.

Yeah, Marmite sucks!

"Promite Promite Promite oi oi oi"

[Image: 24cb44b8e8cd093bedeeadb766badd47.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
07-02-2016, 09:17 PM
(07-02-2016 09:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  

Some people use it for gravy. Mix some in with the drippings of the roast, stir it up to get desired thickness and there's ya gravy.

I hate gravy and these yeasts spread so I wouldn't recommend it but if you're willing to literally drink vegimate water I'm sure you'll eat that.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-02-2016, 09:21 PM
(07-02-2016 09:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 09:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  But I can eat Vegemite like peanut butter. Well almost anyway. That yeasty goo is tasty. I ate that shit everyday until the jar was empty. I put boiling water in the empty jar and drank the broth.

Some people use it for gravy. Mix some in with the drippings of the roast, stir it up to get desired thickness and there's ya gravy.

I hate gravy and these yeasts spread so I wouldn't recommend it but if you're willing to literally drink vegimate water I'm sure you'll eat that.

EM, I found a great Aussie flag for you. Big Grin

[Image: f0qSYTK.png]

As for the above, you can also drink Bonox. Smile

[Image: 115909.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Well I'm going to the land down under in a couple of months so I'll get a chance to eat more Vegemite then. I'm sure it's on every table right by the salt and pepper.
08-02-2016, 12:47 AM
My vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVKPrQv1H8I
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
08-02-2016, 12:51 AM
Bovril

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post