Vegetarian Athiests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Vegetarian Athiests
Hey,

Anyone out there a Vegetarian Atheist? Besides my family and I, there are only three other folks that I know.

Just curious...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: Vegetarian Athiests
(24-08-2012 12:52 PM)cuttyrahb Wrote:  Hey,

Anyone out there a Vegetarian Atheist? Besides my family and I, there are only three other folks that I know.

Just curious...

If you're not a baby-eating atheist, then you're not really an atheist. Angry

And, no, baby kohlrabi doesn't count.No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 12 users Like Chas's post
24-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Kim (forum member) is a veggie I think. I've experimented but I actually like devouring corpses...

Welcome Smile
24-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Vegetarian Athiests
The only vegetarians I know are wacky Christians, so no thank you, please. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Yes, there are some vegetarians here. I was vegetarian for years, then pescetarian for years and within the last few weeks I've had some hot dogs and beef taco salad, so I no longer classify. I'll likely go back, though. I find meat too heavy and offsetting for my own self.

In atheism, you'll find the most diverse group of people since atheism has no expectation or commonality than the atheism itself (so political, cultural, lifestyle, etc can be all over the map).
24-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Tried it for a while but then No bacon sandwiches! Drooling

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-08-2012, 02:16 PM
My sister is. Actually, she says that becoming an atheist opened her eyes to a whole new world of possibilities, so she wanted to try vegetarianism just for the hell of it. For some reason, she's stuck with it and flat-out refuses to eat meat.

Not me, though. Evolution gave me teeth and jaw muscles for ripping meat straight off the bone. I've also got muscles to feed. Plus, I love it.

Come to think of it, the only non-meat foods that I actually eat are grains. Every time I've eaten vegetables in the past, I've either felt sick or thrown up. I guess I'm a natural carnivore.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm actually considering becoming a part time vegiterain. {which means} I will only eat meat on the week ends and on holidays and sociably.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
24-08-2012, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2012 02:32 PM by kim.)
(24-08-2012 01:01 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The only vegetarians I know are wacky Christians, so no thank you, please. Dodgy

Pardon? Dodgy

Hi - Cuttyrahb...
I'm a vegetarian mainly because it fits in well with my life. I like to eat whole foods as much as possible and that means no fillers, no preservatives, no GMOs, overuse of antibiotics and hormones... that shit's just gotten out of control. Couldn't take it anymore - so, I pulled myself out of the consumer loop of the meat industry around 20 years ago. Oh, I've visited meat world periodically to learn to cook various world foods, but always ended up heading back into a non-meat diet. It works for me.

That being said, I will have a bit of raw seafood now and then, when someone gets me into a sushi shop. Also, if there is a person across the table from me at one of my favorite Middle Eastern or Greek restaurants, I'm gonna have a taste of their lamb - ba ba ba. And, telling me I can't have cheese will be your certain doom.

I'm a life long non-Theist, non-staunch vegetarian, baby-eatin' connoisseur. Evil_monster

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
24-08-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm a vegetarian.

Granted it first started as a "a cute girl was, so I'd try it" then after a while I developed an allergy to some meats, so I just stuck with it. Now I am for other reasons (well, allergies too.... but it's not the only reason behind it). And the other reason is simply I prefer not being a hypocrite whenever possible. Although now due to medical things, I've been told by two doctors I should be a vegetarian (or as they said "keep it up" when they found out I was, "eat as close to vegetarian" before they knew I was) for my health anyway....

But yeah, I'm a vegetarian, and atheist.