Vegetarian Athiests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2012, 05:33 PM
RE: Vegetarian Athiests
I'm vegan, I haven't eaten meat for 17 years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes PurpleChimp's post
25-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Although I do eat meat I eat a very small amount of it. Didn't realize it until purplechimp and I talked about it.

My personal view about it is simple. It's your choice.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
25-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I like to eat meat with a side of meat. With a little meat for garnish.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post
14-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Does Vegan count?
Been vegetarian or vegan most of my life, can't kill em won't eat em...
(Also suffer allergies too, darn it, but not even bacon tempts me, pigs are too damned cute and intelligent, can't understand how anyone could want to kill one for food.. really can't)

Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
14-04-2013, 05:12 PM
(14-04-2013 04:26 PM)VoXNiHiLi Wrote:  Does Vegan count?
(Also suffer allergies too, darn it, but not even bacon tempts me, pigs are too damned cute and intelligent, can't understand how anyone could want to kill one for food.. really can't)

Because they are tasty. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-04-2013, 05:23 PM

How thoroughgoing are you? Do you wear leather shoes, for example? And what about silk?

Also, a thought experiment: What if, in the future, the meat industry were transformed to one where food animals were given good lives, with chickens being able to do chicken things and pigs pig things, in natural uncrowded environments, running free, with a minimum of human interference and no cruelty . . . and then, towards the end of their natural lives, they were killed respectfully, without their experiencing terror or pain. (Not about to happen anytime soon, of course, but as I said, it's a thought experiment.) Would that change the way you feel about eating meat?

None of the above is in any way an implied criticism. I'm just curious about how you feel.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
14-04-2013, 06:35 PM
(14-04-2013 05:23 PM)cufflink Wrote:  

How thoroughgoing are you? Do you wear leather shoes, for example? And what about silk?

Also, a thought experiment: What if, in the future, the meat industry were transformed to one where food animals were given good lives, with chickens being able to do chicken things and pigs pig things, in natural uncrowded environments, running free, with a minimum of human interference and no cruelty . . . and then, towards the end of their natural lives, they were killed respectfully, without their experiencing terror or pain. (Not about to happen anytime soon, of course, but as I said, it's a thought experiment.) Would that change the way you feel about eating meat?

None of the above is in any way an implied criticism. I'm just curious about how you feel.

I don't go out and buy leather, silk etc goods, but if I find em in a 2nd hand store I'll use them. I'm by no means hard core, I live with an om'nom'nivore and will cook meat for 'em.

As for eating meat if it was humane, probably not, aside from the allergy to animal protein situation, I don't think I could handle putting dead food in my mouth... I have actually had nightmares about it... but I don't care what other people do, personal choice for me only, I kinda scratch my head over a few things but wouldn't stand and condemn, I'm in no way perfect.
I'd love to see the situation where animals are treated with some respect for the life they give up to become food on the plate - so many people don't even have the connection between on the hoof and on the plate, and maybe if they did the world would be a better place *shrugs*.

[+] 1 user Likes VoXNiHiLi's post
14-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Do you drink milk or dairy?
Because you may be in for a bit of a shock if you do.

Also, I'm just going to leave this in here to marinate, hope people don't mind.

[Image: marinating.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
14-04-2013, 07:04 PM
What's that marinating, your ass? LOL
No dairy here... nasty nasty stuff brings me out all itchy and hive like...

14-04-2013, 07:09 PM
It's called "steak", you should try it some time. Smile
And thats good, you'd make a shitty veggie if you ate dairy.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.