Vegetarian Athiests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 10:04 AM
RE: Vegetarian Athiests
(16-04-2013 10:27 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Its amazing how many people here a rewriting human history based off of if they like meat or not.

You guys are just like the paleo eaters. Guess what, we arnt cavemen,we shouldn't eat like them.

If I'm wrong about something, let me know! Sure, it's not my field, but isn't throwing out unsubstantiated and half-remembered opinions-as-facts the whole point of internet forums?

Besides, I hardly think mere speculation about our evolutionary diet ought to be construed as anything resembling an endorsement; I like my domesticated cultivars, thank you very much!

(16-04-2013 11:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok, because you know that they kill a calf for every cow that produces milk, once a year (so many calves over many years, per cow) to bring you that milk (and as a result, cheese and other dairy).
True story.

Well, they don't kill ALL of them. More dairy cows have to come from somewhere, eh? And, well, it IS more efficient to just eat the veal (or lamb or whatever) instead of an older animal. So, bonus?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 06:50 AM
This kid is going to be a skeptic / atheist vegan. Smile

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-06-2013, 08:00 AM
(02-06-2013 06:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  This kid is going to be a skeptic / atheist vegan. Smile

You can tell that this kid aces all the animal flash cards at school like a boss.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
02-06-2013, 11:01 AM
I generally look at vegetarians as being somewhat strange ... as I viciously tear apart my roast beef sandwich.

We are carnivores by nature. It is only natural for us to consume meat. It is unnatural for people to be vegetarians only. It could actually harm us biochemically by denying ourselves the substances our bodies require to maintain their natural state.

Hotdogs anyone?

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
02-06-2013, 11:45 AM
(02-06-2013 11:01 AM)Free Wrote:  I generally look at vegetarians as being somewhat strange ... as I viciously tear apart my roast beef sandwich.

We are carnivores by nature. It is only natural for us to consume meat. It is unnatural for people to be vegetarians only. It could actually harm us biochemically by denying ourselves the substances our bodies require to maintain their natural state.

Hotdogs anyone?

Love hotdorgs.
I think with the right vitamin/supplement cocktail, (or maybe even just with all the right stuff) you can safely replace the chemicals, (proteins) you need from meat, and be a healthy vegetarian. But one needs to do a bit of study. Meh, give me the hotdorg, with the works.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-06-2013, 09:58 AM
(02-06-2013 11:01 AM)Free Wrote:  I generally look at vegetarians as being somewhat strange ... as I viciously tear apart my roast beef sandwich.

Hotdogs anyone?

Someone obviously wanted to share their own opinion, but wasn't interested in anyone else's. This is an interesting thread. You should try reading it. Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Hotdogs anyone?

I believe humans are actually omnivores.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-06-2013, 10:12 AM
I started eating chicken, turkey and pork/ham/bacon in college.

but none of the other meats - not even as a kid.

I'm considered the 'weird' one in the family.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
04-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Bacon is really good.

I've got a hard-core vegan friend that can't resist that temptation. LMAO.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

04-06-2013, 04:26 PM
(04-06-2013 09:58 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

Hotdogs anyone?

Someone obviously wanted to share their own opinion, but wasn't interested in anyone else's. This is an interesting thread. You should try reading it. Wink

I did read it, hence my response.

Hotdog?

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.