Venting, again...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: Venting, again...
(30-07-2013 05:57 PM)sleepsoldier Wrote:  I dont tend to mix private life with work. This one time, though...

She called back today to complain about her service (cellphone service) and not so smoothly goes into talking about how I'm an atheist. My phone calls at work are monitored, so she must know this. She kept pushing my buttons and being that I'm a good worker, I let her say her piece as not to be rude.

She then launched into a tirade about how the jews are going to have their eyes opened by god, as outlined in scripture. Not sure where it says that...I've read the bible, and from what I can tell, the writers and the people of the area in which the books were written would be classified as jewish. Anyway, at that point, the phone I was on lost battery and died.

10 minutes later, my boss calls and says I have to go to her house tomorrow because she requested I come see if it's a service issue or her phones.

More to follow, I'm sure...I have a feeling this has little to do with phones but more of a ploy to get me into a situation where she can convert me.

Suggest to your boss that it would be inappropriate for you to go.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: Venting, again...
(30-07-2013 08:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 05:57 PM)sleepsoldier Wrote:  I dont tend to mix private life with work. This one time, though...

She called back today to complain about her service (cellphone service) and not so smoothly goes into talking about how I'm an atheist. My phone calls at work are monitored, so she must know this. She kept pushing my buttons and being that I'm a good worker, I let her say her piece as not to be rude.

She then launched into a tirade about how the jews are going to have their eyes opened by god, as outlined in scripture. Not sure where it says that...I've read the bible, and from what I can tell, the writers and the people of the area in which the books were written would be classified as jewish. Anyway, at that point, the phone I was on lost battery and died.

10 minutes later, my boss calls and says I have to go to her house tomorrow because she requested I come see if it's a service issue or her phones.

More to follow, I'm sure...I have a feeling this has little to do with phones but more of a ploy to get me into a situation where she can convert me.

Suggest to your boss that it would be inappropriate for you to go.

100% this....refer him to the call that was monitored and say "I do not think she wants me to fix her service and I would feel uncomfortable in that situation, could you please send someone else?"

Also, usually, depending on the company, people cannot specifically request someone for home service...It should be the first available representative correct?

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just'a venting Question 12 129 21-06-2014 08:35 PM
Last Post: Thinkerbelle
Music Just venting JadetheUnknown 4 84 14-06-2014 05:13 PM
Last Post: therealJim
  Personal issue but just venting Awolia 5 170 14-11-2013 06:01 PM
Last Post: WeAreTheCosmos
Sad Venting about a sudden death ashleypersuasion 8 167 07-08-2013 10:56 PM
Last Post: morondog