Venting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 03:57 PM
RE: Venting
Hi Cow, nice to see you, and moo.
Hope none of us fall off the pedastal you just put us on. Dodgy

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Well... ok. I know I didn't do anything.
31-01-2013, 10:53 PM
(30-01-2013 08:09 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Okay, so this is supposed to be the vent and get something off your chest place, right? Then, I'm venting.
Maybe I'm the only one on this site that loves his family, we'll find out, but I popped a cork over what he said. I love my wife very, very much. If someone talked to her person to person in front of me I would push his face in.

ManlyGirl can take care of herself. She can beat the shit out of both our butts. ... at the same time. ... Girly just gets the fuck outta the way in those situations and let's ManlyGirl and nature take it's course.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
02-02-2013, 07:36 PM
(30-01-2013 08:09 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Okay, so this is supposed to be the vent and get something off your chest place, right? Then, I'm venting.
I dish it out a lot on here and I welcome being on the reciving end, but only where it comes to myself. I guess it's stupid to vent about this to you folks cuz I guess you'll just make fun of me for this but you all get off at saying how nice you are so I guess this is a chance to find out if you are lying or telling the truth.
Someone posted that my family must really hate me today. That's fine, no prob there. But my wife, after hearing me talk about it, asked if she could respond, which she did in a very civil manner. For some reason this possed "earmuffs" off and he took it upon himself to trashtalk my wife. Maybe I'm the only one on this site that loves his family, we'll find out, but I popped a cork over what he waid. I love my wife very, very much. If someone talked to her person to person in front of me I would push his face in. I know you are all used to hiding behind your computers and acting tough and all, and I dont have a problem with that when it is directed at me, but not my wife. If you love your wife. mothers or sister I would think you understand where I am coming from. Perhaps you dont care, then this means nothing to you. I am posting what "earmuffs" said and you can comment on whether or not you think I am justified in my rage. Remember, in my day we respected women, especially family members so that is the perspective I am coming from. I ask you to also remember that "earmuffs" had no part in the discussion:
"Lady, that's nice that you love your husband, but hoesntly I couldn't give a flying shit if you loved it when he tickled your toes. Your husband is vial human being who I hoesntly couldn't give a shit if he curled over and died 5minutes from now. I'd probably be thankful to god actually.
The fact that he has 8 children, 9 grandchildren blah blah blah is completely irrelevent to him being a fucking troll. Great, his samon don't swim backwards, cool story bro needs more dragon. Here's another fun pointless fact for you; the lady that designed the jacket in Michael jackson's Thriller music video also designed Indiana Jones's hat.
The fact that he loves you all very very very much is also completely irrelevent. It doesn't change the fact that he is a fucktard here which is our concern.
The fact that he is mentally fucked in the head is a poor excuse for being a complete fucktard troll.
So little lady, how about you run along back to the hole you came from and take your vial husband with you and do us all a favor. Afterall, it's what Jesus would do."
In case you think I might leave because I am enraged, no, I wont. It will only make me determined to stay, however, if what "earmuffs" said is tolerated, then that gives me free reign to make similar comments about your loved ones, and I can do a lot, I've heard them all.
if someone insulted my wife i would flip out however it seems as though your wife wasnt actually insulted here. it reads as though you were insulted. i mean all the negative things here are said to your wife but they are about you.
of course this assumes that your wife actually came on here. it also assumes that you actually have a wife.. hell for all i know you could be 12.. at any rate i wouldnt be so concerned by what i read on a computer screen.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
11-05-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm fuming.

Yesterday we drove up for my nephews graduation party. The plan was to meet my parents at their house and drive together to the event. After a two hour drive to get to their house after a long day I was too tired to continue driving so my old man drove the four of us to the resaturant.

On the way home, he gets cut off by another driver. Its Miami, it happens all the time. His reaction? Steps on it, catches up to the driver and boxes in the offender against a concrete divider. Picture a 78 year old man driving in heavy traffic at night on a highway under construction zigging and zagging. Shocking

Meanwhile my wife is in a fetal position next to me and I'm asking him "What are you doing?" "What are you doing!" You're making us very nervous back here!"
His response? "Close your eyes".

We had planned on spending the night at their house but I grabbed our stuff, our dogs and said "I'll never again let you endanger our lives like that". Which to this he replied "Go to hell! I'm tired of people telling me how to drive!"

That's the gist. Apparently I come from a long line of over-reactors. All my life I've had to work on my temper, thanks to my genes. I'm not surprised but I am Censored pissed, of course. Just when things are going smoothly in my family, a rarity, shit like this happens.

How would you handle the day after, any thoughts? E-mail, phone call, ignore, egg his car?

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
11-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Er... pretty random thread to post this in dude. I thought Sticky Dick was back.

Sounds like gramps needs to have his license revoked. Really. If he does that routinely or even occasionally then he's a menace and someone could get killed. Driving is a huge responsibility. You have the lives of not only the other people in your car, but also other road users in your hands. Someone who can't handle another road user being an asshole and gets road rage shouldn't be driving.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-05-2013, 10:11 AM
(11-05-2013 08:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I'm fuming.

Yesterday we drove up for my nephews graduation party. The plan was to meet my parents at their house and drive together to the event. After a two hour drive to get to their house after a long day I was too tired to continue driving so my old man drove the four of us to the resaturant.

On the way home, he gets cut off by another driver. Its Miami, it happens all the time. His reaction? Steps on it, catches up to the driver and boxes in the offender against a concrete divider. Picture a 78 year old man driving in heavy traffic at night on a highway under construction zigging and zagging. Shocking

Meanwhile my wife is in a fetal position next to me and I'm asking him "What are you doing?" "What are you doing!" You're making us very nervous back here!"
His response? "Close your eyes".

We had planned on spending the night at their house but I grabbed our stuff, our dogs and said "I'll never again let you endanger our lives like that". Which to this he replied "Go to hell! I'm tired of people telling me how to drive!"

That's the gist. Apparently I come from a long line of over-reactors. All my life I've had to work on my temper, thanks to my genes. I'm not surprised but I am Censored pissed, of course. Just when things are going smoothly in my family, a rarity, shit like this happens.

How would you handle the day after, any thoughts? E-mail, phone call, ignore, egg his car?

Adult relationships are voluntary relationships. I would not be friends with a man who endangered my family and if that man were related to me, I still wouldn't be friends with him.

The only thing you owe any other human being is justice. That means that if they treat you with respect, the just thing is to reciprocate. Likewise if they disrespect you... the just thing is to withdraw your company and your resources.

I wouldn't bother conversing with this man again, except to explain the reason why I would no longer be conversing. But first, I would apologize to my wife for putting her in the charge of a dangerous man.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
11-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Sometimes when shit like this happens in the family one of the options is to ignore it and just forget about it while telling yourself I'll just never get into a car when the old man is driving, ever.

I've already apologized to my wife for my family so often it staggers me she's still around.

I sent my mother a text telling her that dad was going to be responsible for both of their deaths and probably the death of others. But now, after having all day to think about it I'm going to e-mail him my thoughts and feelings.

I fucking hate situations like this.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Wow! That's a very irrational and irresponsible response.
He has an anger management problem at 78?
What did your mother do? I'm surprised she would put up with such displays of uncontrolled behaviour.
Sorry to hear you had to put up with that shit Undecided

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
12-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Regarding the OP - I have noted the level of vitriol and abuse hurled at some members, justified by the hurlers by their own accusation that their target is a troll. I think this is counter-productive and could be improved. I noticed this spiked some weeks ago, and I said something in a few threads where this seemed to be occurring. I haven't seen it as much recently, so either it has been improving or I just haven't been poking my head into the right places.

Let's love our fellow humans. We're free to do that, and against that there is no law. Putting labels on people like "troll" seems to do something to the person who assigns the label. It allows the assigner to demonise the assignee, to think of them as less of a person... unworthy of good and worthy of the bad. Let's not be those people. Let's be better than that. If you want to call a drive by poster a troll then go for it. They aren't coming back. But if you are still calling someone a troll and trying to drive the out of the board after they've been posting for a while and have a few rep points under their belts... maybe you should look in the mirror a little more.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.