Verbal talk about god/atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: Verbal talk about god/atheism
(10-05-2014 11:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I may stop back when/if I figure out 'verbal talk'.

verb:- word that expresses action, sate, or a relation between two things
-al: a suffix meaning of; related to; or connected with.

Obviously we are discussing things related to actions and relations between two things. Like the action of programming, and the relation between C and the world.

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2014, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 01:01 PM by Michael_Tadlock.)
I have flipped my position. I am now a fundamentalist programmer. Assembly is my only language. Assembly is the only true language. All who do not program in assembly are enemies of computing and must banished forever to Turing machines.

Dijkstra and his disciples are false profits. May Rochestor and Poley reign forever in cyber space.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
10-05-2014, 01:17 PM
(10-05-2014 11:22 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  How so? Fewer lines of code, and syntax that speaks to the function and not to the low level mechanics, allows for code to be both more readable and easier to maintain.

Legibility is good. Fewer lines is also good but it's easier having more lines in front of you on the screen stating something explicitely than having to try and guess at connections in your head.

I'm specifically thinking about Java and auto-wiring with Spring. You end up with classes and configuration files written by lots of different people not knowing what matches up because it wasn't made explicit. Easy to develop, a nightmare to debug someone else's code. Most of coding is maintenance rather than development and code only ever grows in size and complexity.

I think I spotted something similar in C# but didn't want to ask about it in case someone tried to get me to start using it.
10-05-2014, 01:18 PM
(10-05-2014 12:58 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I have flipped my position. I am now a fundamentalist programmer. Assembly is my only language. Assembly is the only true language. All who do not program in assembly are enemies of computing and must banished forever to Turing machines.

Dijkstra and his disciples are false profits. May Rochestor and Poley reign forever in cyber space.

Ah but objective morality common to all geeks is that one cannot be deemed to be a true geek unless one has developed their own programming language.

No idea why.
10-05-2014, 01:27 PM
(10-05-2014 01:17 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 11:22 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  How so? Fewer lines of code, and syntax that speaks to the function and not to the low level mechanics, allows for code to be both more readable and easier to maintain.

Legibility is good. Fewer lines is also good but it's easier having more lines in front of you on the screen stating something explicitely than having to try and guess at connections in your head.

I'm specifically thinking about Java and auto-wiring with Spring. You end up with classes and configuration files written by lots of different people not knowing what matches up because it wasn't made explicit. Easy to develop, a nightmare to debug someone else's code. Most of coding is maintenance rather than development and code only ever grows in size and complexity.

I think I spotted something similar in C# but didn't want to ask about it in case someone tried to get me to start using it.

Haven't ever really heard of spring. I know what you are talking about though, it becomes tossed salad of libraries soup and f if I know what it all does.
10-05-2014, 01:29 PM
(10-05-2014 01:18 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 12:58 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I have flipped my position. I am now a fundamentalist programmer. Assembly is my only language. Assembly is the only true language. All who do not program in assembly are enemies of computing and must banished forever to Turing machines.

Ah but objective morality common to all geeks is that one cannot be deemed to be a true geek unless one has developed their own programming language.

No idea why.

Hobo
Code:
movl "a cactus", $e0
push $e0
call Fuck_With