Veridican Argument for the Existence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.8 Average
30-04-2013, 08:08 AM
RE: Veridican Argument for the Existence of God
(30-04-2013 07:40 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  Doesn't it seem pointless to continue responding to Egor's posts? Many threads, with every one devolving into the same thing - Egor declaring we're just atheists because we want to sin - and then repeating that same line in various iterations dozens of times. He's never going to address your arguments, and he's never going to see sense. He decided long ago that whatever you say as an atheist doesn't matter to him. He's playing the pigeon.

Egor is just here to collect things that atheists say. He has some idea of using these statements in his arguments on his website and in his book. He even quotes people from here on his website, complete with name and pic if he can find these.

He just throws out platitudes and gathers up replies.

I don't even know if he believes his own shit. I actually don't think so.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 09:00 AM
(30-04-2013 08:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't even know if he believes his own shit. I actually don't think so.

Agree. Everything he says is "projecting".
The person he's trying to convince is himself.
It's not working.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-04-2013, 09:06 AM
(30-04-2013 09:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 08:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't even know if he believes his own shit. I actually don't think so.

Tongue

Exactly, he projects his own issues onto others all the time. This can be part of a disorder (inability to empathize is a part of many disorders) or an attempt to have others sort his own thoughts.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-04-2013, 09:17 AM
RE: Veridican Theory of God: The Dream Universe
(29-04-2013 06:13 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Go ahead and pray. I'll go to the doctor.

It's not either/or. Why do you have to think so concretely? Is that all you can do. Is that why you call yourself "terse?" I guess you're not comfortable in the abstract.

Medicine works, prayer does not.

My degree in mathematics indicates my abstract thought processes are, in fact, quite good.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-04-2013, 10:17 AM
(30-04-2013 09:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

The person he's trying to convince is himself.
It's not working.
Tongue

I totally believe that. I think he's trying to convince himself and create his own drama...Because he doesn't get enough attention elsewhere...

It's kinda like my dog demanding attention or a belly rub....it's fine for the few minutes...but I gots other things to do than sit here and pet him all day.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

30-04-2013, 10:42 AM
(30-04-2013 07:40 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  He's never going to address your arguments, and he's never going to see sense. He decided long ago that whatever you say as an atheist doesn't matter to him. He's playing the pigeon.
Aannnnnnd...
[Image: demotivation.us_PIGEONS-They-will-shit-o...925691.jpg]
Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
30-04-2013, 04:33 PM
(29-04-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 06:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Your pathetic God is a bully and you are it's subservient slave afraid of a whipping. Your actions are all based on fear while ours are not.

You're right. You are not an atheist out of fear. You are an atheist out of shame.

You dodge the accusation, it still stands, your life is based on fear.

Quote: When I help my fellow man I expect no otherwordly compensation unlike you. You are a kind of metaphysical golddigger blowing smoke up your imaginary god's ass in the hopes that it pleases it. What a pitiful existence you lead.

(29-04-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  Why do you have to talk so gutteral? Are you uneducated?

You again dodge my point and focus on how I say it instead of what I say; a transparent ploy to misdirect what is so painfully obvious to me and probably to you as well. The problem you have is that you are so invested into your delusion you can't see what is so plain to others.

Quote:I don't feel superior because I reject the existence of gods, in fact I don't feel superior at all. What I do feel is incredulity at how you and your ilk fritter away this life looking over your shoulder afarid of a boogeyman. What a waste.

(29-04-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  Everyone fritters away life. But I'll bet I've done things with my life you couldn't imagine.

Not everyone wastes their time praising and talking and trying to please imaginary celestial dictators.

Quote: Stop this mental masturbation of yours and do something real with your life, help feed and house the poor and do it not for celestial brownie points or fear of punishement. Do it because it actually will help the living here...now.

(29-04-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  So, if I do it because God wants me to do it, and I want to please God, you'd rather I didn't do it at all. So, am I right in assuming you just use the poor and the homeless in order to futher your apparent righteousness as an atheist?

You have trouble with reading comprehension and create strawmen. Help the poor by all means, just as I do. The satisfaction of helping others is, of and of itself, reward enough for me.

(29-04-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  You are a sinner like everyone else. You sin. And if you do not repent, you will go to hell when you die. I'm more convinced than ever that that is all that matters. The thief on the cross knew nothing of theology and Christ saved him in the end. All he knew was that he was a sinner and deserved death. If you don't have that, it doesn't matter how many meals-on-wheels you deliver.

And that, in a nutshell, is why your Christ is a worthless being to idolize.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-04-2013, 04:46 PM
(30-04-2013 04:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ... And that, in a nutshell, is why your Christ is a worthless being to idolize.

You seem to have Egor confused with a regular fundie.

You must've missed the part where he told you he is Christ. Rolleyes

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-04-2013, 04:51 PM
(30-04-2013 04:46 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 04:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ... And that, in a nutshell, is why your Christ is a worthless being to idolize.

No. Read the last comment I quoted, it is not written in first person.

Egor is so confused he doesn't know if he is Christ, if Jesus is Christ, if my dog is Christ. It all depends on what voice in his head he happens to be hearing at that moment.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-04-2013, 04:57 PM
(30-04-2013 04:46 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  

So what you are telling us is..

Egor is either a Zombie or a Lich.

And since Egor CLEARLY does not desire or feast upon the brains of the living and instead desires their souls, by deductive reasoning there is only one answer ladies and gentlemen.

Egor is a Lich, a soul lusting Lich.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post