Veridican Argument for the Existence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.8 Average
29-04-2013, 06:17 PM

RE: Veridican Argument for the Existence of God
(29-04-2013 05:55 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Egor just surrendered his last bit of sanity to the notion of some sky daddy (monistic daddy, whatever that means)

If you don't understand it, how can you argue against it?

Quote:You just forfeited your conciousness to the possibility of a dream

Are you saying now that you don't believe dreams occur?
Quote this message in a reply
wirting QED after something doesn't automatically make it proved Egor, that's not how it works

PS: It must be in the right corner to work
QED

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post

Glad we could all have this little conversation. It's been fruitful--for me, anyway.
29-04-2013, 06:18 PM
are you leaving now? Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
29-04-2013, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 07:03 PM by fstratzero.)
(29-04-2013 06:15 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 05:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  Sin? lol! I don't sin.

QED.

Quote:There is no such thing as sin anyway. I explained that to you earlier.

QED

Quote:And watch your mouth when you talk to me. You have no manners. If anyone here is sinning, it's you.

I thought you just said there's no such thing as sin.

QED

Quantum interactions do not happen outside of the quantum realm.

In other words the world of the very tiny is very different from the world we live in. QED doesn't apply to hoses, dogs, rocks or cheese. Only on the atoms and particles of those atoms.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
29-04-2013, 06:22 PM
(29-04-2013 04:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  It's because I believe God exists that I fear Him. My fear is evidence of my faith.

You think you're superior because you doubt God's existence.

Your pathetic God is a bully and you are it's subservient slave afraid of a whipping. Your actions are all based on fear while ours are not. When I help my fellow man I expect no otherwordly compensation unlike you. You are a kind of metaphysical golddigger blowing smoke up your imaginary god's ass in the hopes that it pleases it. What a pitiful existence you lead.

I don't feel superior because I reject the existence of gods, in fact I don't feel superior at all. What I do feel is incredulity at how you and your ilk fritter away this life looking over your shoulder afarid of a boogeyman. What a waste.

Stop this mental masturbation of yours and do something real with your life, help feed and house the poor and do it not for celestial brownie points or fear of punishement. Do it because it actually will help the living here...now.

Excuse me now while I go and walk my dogs.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-04-2013, 06:23 PM
(29-04-2013 06:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 05:55 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Egor just surrendered his last bit of sanity to the notion of some sky daddy (monistic daddy, whatever that means)

If you don't understand it, how can you argue against it?

Quote:You just forfeited your conciousness to the possibility of a dream

Are you saying now that you don't believe dreams occur?

lol, you're so tangled in your own dribbles you don't even understand what other people say to you, you funny guy Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
29-04-2013, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 07:11 PM by Dom.)
(29-04-2013 06:15 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 05:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  Sin? lol! I don't sin.

QED.

Quote:There is no such thing as sin anyway. I explained that to you earlier.

QED

Quote:And watch your mouth when you talk to me. You have no manners. If anyone here is sinning, it's you.

QED

Not to me, but to you there is.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-04-2013, 11:32 PM

(29-04-2013 06:21 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 06:15 PM)Egor Wrote:  QED.

QED

QED

Quantum interactions do not happen outside of the quantum realm.

In other words the world of the very tiny is very different from the world we live in. QED doesn't apply to hoses, dogs, rocks or cheese. Only on the atoms and particles of those atoms.

Huh QED is a term used in geometry and sometimes in philosophy. It means, "The point that was to be demonstrated." It has nothing to do with quantum mechanics.
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
29-04-2013, 11:40 PM

(29-04-2013 06:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Your pathetic God is a bully and you are it's subservient slave afraid of a whipping. Your actions are all based on fear while ours are not.

You're right. You are not an atheist out of fear. You are an atheist out of shame.

Quote: When I help my fellow man I expect no otherwordly compensation unlike you. You are a kind of metaphysical golddigger blowing smoke up your imaginary god's ass in the hopes that it pleases it. What a pitiful existence you lead.

Why do you have to talk so gutteral? Are you uneducated?

Quote:I don't feel superior because I reject the existence of gods, in fact I don't feel superior at all. What I do feel is incredulity at how you and your ilk fritter away this life looking over your shoulder afarid of a boogeyman. What a waste.

Everyone fritters away life. But I'll bet I've done things with my life you couldn't imagine.

Quote:Stop this mental masturbation of yours and do something real with your life, help feed and house the poor and do it not for celestial brownie points or fear of punishement. Do it because it actually will help the living here...now.

So, if I do it because God wants me to do it, and I want to please God, you'd rather I didn't do it at all. So, am I right in assuming you just use the poor and the homeless in order to futher your apparent righteousness as an atheist?

You are a sinner like everyone else. You sin. And if you do not repent, you will go to hell when you die. I'm more convinced than ever that that is all that matters. The thief on the cross knew nothing of theology and Christ saved him in the end. All he knew was that he was a sinner and deserved death. If you don't have that, it doesn't matter how many meals-on-wheels you deliver.

Quote:Excuse me now while I go and walk my dogs.

by all means...