Veridican Argument for the Existence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.8 Average
28-04-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: Veridican Argument for God: Axiom #4
(28-04-2013 09:29 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 04:07 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Doesn't that seem ironic that you include this in your argument FOR God?

It has nothing to do with God. If something is unreal, no matter how good the illusion of its reality, there will always be some way in which it should work, but doesn't. Imagine you are on a stage with a magician, and he takes a glass of water and pours it out, but when he tips it up it's full again. If that is real, then you should be able to fill a swimming pool with that glass of water, but you will find that you can't, because it's not really an endless glass of water. It fails in that context.
Da fuq? Then why include it with your argument for God?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2013, 12:10 AM

Veridican Argument for God: Premises 1,2
Part Two: The Basic Premises

1. Time is unreal.

Time is the progress of change and requires the reality of the past and future. However, according to axiom 1, something that is unreal cannot support something that is real. The past is unreal and the future is unreal. Therefore, time must be unreal. If one says the past is real, one finds they can never prove it. Thus, according to axiom 4, the past is unreal. The future has not happened yet. If one sets out to prove the future is real, one faces the fact that there has never been a future, only a present moment. In cases of precognition, where the future is predicted or wittnessed in the mind, this can never be confirmed until it happens, and it always happens in the present moment.

2. Motion is unreal.

This is necessarily true if premise 1 is true.
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2013, 03:19 AM
RE: Veridican Argument for God: Premises 1,2
(29-04-2013 12:10 AM)Egor Wrote:  Part Two: The Basic Premises

1. Time is unreal.

Time is the progress of change and requires the reality of the past and future. However, according to axiom 1, something that is unreal cannot support something that is real. The past is unreal and the future is unreal. Therefore, time must be unreal. If one says the past is real, one finds they can never prove it. Thus, according to axiom 4, the past is unreal. The future has not happened yet. If one sets out to prove the future is real, one faces the fact that there has never been a future, only a present moment. In cases of precognition, where the future is predicted or wittnessed in the mind, this can never be confirmed until it happens, and it always happens in the present moment.

2. Motion is unreal.

You started off OK, but now you're going off into cloud cuckoo land.

Where is the crusher proof that God exists? You know, the one that is supposed to strike us with its obviousness once you've laid it on us? This leading us through a maze of twisty little passages all alike shows you have nothing, and know you have nothing.

If you really had something you'd just lay it on the table without playing games.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Abdul Alhazred's post
29-04-2013, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 11:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)

1. Time is unreal.

2. Motion is unreal.

LOL.
What a sad little man. What great lengths he goes to, to justify his nonsense.
If the past is "unreal" you are not married, and have no kid and grand kids.
No wonder there is only one Veridican.
You go smash your car on the way to you psychiatrist today, then you come back and tell us time and motion are "unreal".
No one in the entire world, except Crazy Little Eddy G would buy this junk.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
29-04-2013, 06:18 AM
RE: Veridican Argument for the Existence of God
(28-04-2013 09:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  But listen to you--you just don't want to believe in God. Why? Because of sin. It's always because of sin. You're already saying that no matter what, no argument will ever convince you that God must exist, or in this case that God is necessarily real. Even with that, you won't stop your atheism. Why? because you want to sin. It's the only reason anyone is an atheist.

What is a sin? There is no such thing as a sin.

There are actions that go against general societal rules, and these are called crimes. You commit them or you don't. You are neither born a criminal, nor do most people commit any crimes.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-04-2013, 10:37 AM

1. Time is unreal.

2. Motion is unreal.

....What?. Move your arm. See that. That was motion.
29-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:1. If something is unreal, it cannot support something that is real.

That is to say the unicorn's horn cannot be real, if the unicorn is not real. The ground the unicorn walks on cannot be real, if the unicorn is not real. The air around the unicorn cannot be real if the unicorn is not real, and so on.

I'm not the only one seeing the clear and blatant fail in this statement right?
The first sentence is correct, but the rest is just a load of shit...
The unicorn horn cannot exist because it requires the unicorn to exist for it to exist. Air and ground, which are completely independent of the unicorn can exist because their existence is not dependent upon the existence of the unicorn...

I mean seriously wtaf? A 5 year old could tell you that.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-04-2013, 11:12 AM
(28-04-2013 09:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 09:41 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Egor will use the broad sense of "real", "illusion" and all his fancy words and then he'll try to trick us into his own definition of those words, then he'll say that's a proof of god.

And all that word play just to explain a weird paramoecium he once saw.

I'm working on the next premise. I'm not sure if I have another axiom or if I want to state a premise, so probably tomorrow.

But listen to you--you just don't want to believe in God. Why? Because of sin. It's always because of sin. You're already saying that no matter what, no argument will ever convince you that God must exist, or in this case that God is necessarily real. Even with that, you won't stop your atheism. Why? because you want to sin. It's the only reason anyone is an atheist.

But I don't care. This argument will do only one thing: show that the statement "God is real" is necessarily true. After that, a person can "believe" whatever they want.

You all clamor for "evidence." Why? Because you're brain-dead. You want to sit staring at a burning bush, and you don't want to have to interpret anything. You want all your reasoning done for you. And you claim to be scientific, but even science doesn't work that way. In science you make observations--and then you do your best to make logical theories that fit those observations. In philosophy, you start out with true statements, and then you try to make theories based on those true statements. But you atheists don't want any of that.

You want to sit in front of the cross and watch Christ suffer and desperately try to convince yourself that if he were God, he'd come down off the cross. You want a sign, but even that won't do. You want continuous signs forever. You want God to serve you--you do not want to serve God. And why? Sin. Usually sexual sin to include abortion, then drugs, then deviant lifestyles, then hypocrisy, and on and on. You want to sin and God gets in the way. It's that simple.

Further, you are a hypocrite.
You say that you are here (perhaps even "sent here") to destroy atheists and I assume convert us. Yet you say that no argument no matter what will ever convince us because we apparently sin on purpose...
And then you bitch that atheists are evil etc.. and then on the other hand you hang out here all the time...

So.. you say we will never not be atheists, then another time you say god is punishing you for hanging out with atheists, then you say nothing will convert us from our atheism and then you say you will convert us from our atheism...
*deep breath*

Are you not tired? Seems all very tiring to me.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-04-2013, 11:22 AM
(29-04-2013 10:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  ....What?. Move your arm. See that. That was motion.

Ever heard of a guy called Zeno of Elea - go have a look Smile He's quite the sharp dude.

Edit: link more directly related to your comment.
29-04-2013, 11:42 AM
(29-04-2013 11:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ever heard of a guy called Zeno of Elea - go have a look Smile He's quite the sharp dude.

Edit: link more directly related to your comment.
No! Not Achilles/the hare and the tortoise! I think I prefer even Egor's drivel over that! [Image: 288.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post