Veridican Argument for the Existence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
28-04-2013, 01:59 PM

Veridican Argument for the Existence of God
The purpose of me posting this is to vet it and work out the kinks. That means there are going to be some kinks, and I may be wrong. The argument may fail. I don't know at this point. So, I'll start. The idea came to me suddenly on Saturday, April 27, 2013, at 2:40 a.m. Here's the start of it.

Part one: Establishing Axioms

1. If something is unreal, it cannot support something that is real.

That is to say the unicorn's horn cannot be real, if the unicorn is not real. The ground the unicorn walks on cannot be real, if the unicorn is not real. The air around the unicorn cannot be real if the unicorn is not real, and so on.

2. Perception proves its reality.

That is to say that no matter if everything else is an illusion, if the illusion is perceived, that which perceives it must be real.
Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: Veridican Argument for the Existence of God
If I look into the dark, and my cat's eyes are glowing, but I perceive it to be a Jaguar with a gun, that doesn't mean it's real. It means I think it's real, when in reality it is not a jaguar with a gun.

If there is nothing and you see God, that doesn't mean there is God, it means you think God is there and real.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
28-04-2013, 04:08 PM
(28-04-2013 01:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  The purpose of me posting this is to vet it and work out the kinks. That means there are going to be some kinks, and I may be wrong. The argument may fail. I don't know at this point. So, I'll start. The idea came to me suddenly on Saturday, April 27, 2013, at 2:40 a.m. Here's the start of it.

Okay, lets see how this plays out.

(28-04-2013 01:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  Part one: Establishing Axioms

1. If something is unreal, it cannot support something that is real.

Hmm, not entirely sure on that, lets keep trekking on though.

(28-04-2013 01:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  That is to say the unicorn's horn cannot be real, if the unicorn is not real.

Seems reasonable enough.

(28-04-2013 01:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  The ground the unicorn walks on cannot be real, if the unicorn is not real.

Hold on a second, can't a fictional character like the unicorn or Jewsus be said to walk on land which is in fact a real place, therefore the character does not exist but the ground does?

(28-04-2013 01:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  The air around the unicorn cannot be real if the unicorn is not real, and so on.

I suppose that could be said to be true.

(28-04-2013 01:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  2. Perception proves its reality.

That is to say that no matter if everything else is an illusion, if the illusion is perceived, that which perceives it must be real.

No, perception does not prove reality, only what one thinks they saw, heard, smelled, felt. What perception does, in a limited manner, prove is that a reality does in fact exist, it cannot be guaranteed that it is entirely what you think it appears to be.
This reality could be a simulation for all we can know.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
28-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Why are there two threads with the same title started by the same person?

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

28-04-2013, 04:15 PM
(28-04-2013 04:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why are there two threads with the same title started by the same person?

Perseveration.

Why not? Angel

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this a strawman argument? OddGamer 11 385 11-01-2014 06:57 PM
Last Post: Baruch
  Argument against The Moral Landscape Enlightened Romantic 30 1,292 15-10-2013 12:51 PM
Last Post: postorm
  Sam Harris argument Shawnzy 19 794 06-10-2013 08:48 AM
Last Post: evenheathen
  Hate is love and love is hate (here is my argument) Zerq The mad 27 946 02-08-2013 12:15 AM
Last Post: absols
  Argument with my Philosophy Teacher Quik2832 38 3,318 30-06-2013 10:18 AM
Last Post: UndercoverAtheist
  I came up a theological/philosophical argument and I want it debunked. tear151 48 1,483 11-06-2013 10:12 PM
Last Post: Dark Light
Lightbulb Veridican Argument for the Existence of God Egor 115 2,948 02-05-2013 09:41 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano