Veridican Debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Veridican Debate
Egor promised to prove to me I actually believe in god. It started out interesting, then melted into chaos. I'll let you all be the judge:

http://www.veridican.org/forum/index.php?topic=130.0

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Veridican Debate
(20-02-2013 09:09 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Egor promised to prove to me I actually believe in god. It started out interesting, then melted into chaos. I'll let you all be the judge:

http://www.veridican.org/forum/index.php?topic=130.0
I quickly lost interest, but I think I just found a new euphemism and it is by no means worse than the crappy ones I work with on a daily basis - "experiencing myself" Sounds way classier than most of its synonyms Yes

As for Egor, he can go experience himself.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
20-02-2013, 09:52 AM
"Debate" Laughat

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-02-2013, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 08:24 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Veridicanism is absolute bullshit.
1. Not one scholar of the planet, (and Egor has no credentials in this area, and in fact no college degree even, in this area), would argue or agree that Yeshua ben Josef was a "monist". Jebus was a Jew, and as such worshiped, and believed Yahweh was the god he had been taught about, and there is not a shred of evidence to the contrary, and the fact that Jebus actually kept the Jewish festivals, and preached in the context of Jewish Apocalypticism proves that he had no "extra-cultural" notions of a "monistic" god, (which is simply Pantheism by another name).
2. The justification used by Egor is that in the Gospel of John, (and ONLY in the Gospel of John), Yeshua says he and the Father are "one" :
a. This does not mean or say anything about "monism", or that Yeshua even knew what that idea meant.
b. The words, PLACED IN JESUS'S mouth, (ie a literary device...Jebus never said anthing of the sort), by the Greek Gnostic writer of John, did so in the context of Gnosticism, and the very much later, (non-Hebrew) developed concept of "divinity", as evidenced in the Gnostic gospels, and specifically in this gospel, which is well documented by scholars who have traced the development of the idea in the early Christian cult.
c. By stating this, and "running" with this bullshit, Egor has displayed an utter lack of knowledge of actual Biblical Studies, (which he has never formally taken at any reputable school). In fact, he would be flunked out of any university class for stating this crap.

Veridicanism is 110 % crap, spouted by an ignorant man who requires his ego be inflated by telling himself he is "special" in some way, and in fact a way that no Christian scholar on Earth agrees with, and would laugh him out of the room, and off the campus, for trying to spread this unsupported nonsence.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-02-2013, 06:33 AM
I feel like I want to play this game of his XD
22-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Don't bother. As one poster said, it's not a game, it's a script. Deviate from the script in any way and you'll be declared "insane, scared, and desperate to hold on to your atheism." I went over there to learn more about Veridicanism. He'll answer any question you ask regarding that topic. The debates and 'games,' on the other hand, turned out to be a massive waste of time.

Ironically, you'll learn more about the bible and history here.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
23-02-2013, 08:33 PM
I got about to the "Wait, so are you and yourself two different entities?" before my palm was full of face. Dodgy

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post