Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.
(28-12-2014 03:13 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 02:56 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I found a word that describes the Veridican.

Verschlimmbessern

I love that Germans have such remarkably specific words.

Remember, they're also responsible for schadenfreude.

-Pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-12-2014, 03:47 PM
(28-12-2014 03:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 03:13 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I love that Germans have such remarkably specific words.
bro, do you even Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften?

The longest word commonly spoken word in German is used to describe an insurance company which deals with the law?

How remarkably appropriate.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-12-2014, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 05:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-12-2014 03:25 PM)Gordon Wrote:  My goal is not to make a logical argument necessarily

That's a good thing. You would not be capable of that.

(28-12-2014 03:25 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But what the theology stating is that assuming the presuppositions are true, everything else follows logically from that.

So you're going to make up shit based on your shit book then. Thumbsup
There are 33,000 sects of Jebusry. Making another sect is totally inconsequential, as your idiot 2-member cult has proven to be.

Jesus never said one thing about mind being separate from brains. You made that shit up as you read into your fool book whatever YOUR agenda happens to be , this week. Not to worry. It will change next week.

(28-12-2014 03:25 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But I think I can start by saying, the mind is a modality of God's substance, created by God, that observes the physical and astral planes. Based on its unique modal perspective, it forms into a shape. That shape is what we call a person or personality. When it is reborn, it transmutes into the same modality but of a different attribute of God, that attribute we call the Son, or Son of God.

Of course, evidence for that definition would have to be found in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, but I think it's pretty well established. I mean, that's where I got the ideas on mind to begin with.

You seem to lack any knowledge of what the word "evidence" means and is. You "got" nothing from your cult's gospel. You pooped it out yourself. The above is a nice story, but needs more zombies, bro. Your persistence in this insane venture demonstrates again how utterly removed from reality you are.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-12-2014, 06:21 PM
(28-12-2014 03:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  bro, do you even Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften?

1. plural form of Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaft

Well, duh!

Gasp

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-12-2014, 06:37 PM
So, anyone having stir-fry for supper ?
We need some new recipes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-12-2014, 07:39 PM
(28-12-2014 03:25 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 01:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Not bad.
Please define 'mind'.
Thanks.
Drinking Beverage

Right, and I intend to do that when I write the statement for the anthropology section.

But I think I can start by saying, the mind is a modality of God's substance, created by God, that observes the physical and astral planes. Based on its unique modal perspective, it forms into a shape. That shape is what we call a person or personality. When it is reborn, it transmutes into the same modality but of a different attribute of God, that attribute we call the Son, or Son of God.

Of course, evidence for that definition would have to be found in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, but I think it's pretty well established. I mean, that's where I got the ideas on mind to begin with.

I love how you think it's OK to just make this shit up. Laugh out load

And even better that the circular reasoning, bible-style, is OK too.

I've got some gold tablets and a hat. Interested? Only $1,999.99

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-12-2014, 08:09 PM
I think I liked your previous stuff better, at least in the older rendition you liked animals and worked out.

This one, not so much.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-12-2014, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 09:11 PM by Free.)
(28-12-2014 01:30 PM)Gordon Wrote:  In putting together a Veridican systematic theology, I wanted to start with epistemology. You can see all the categories at my form (http://veridican.com/forum).

I am insisting on keeping the statements to no more than 300 words, so it's short. The idea is that in the forum, it can be debated and modified, whatever. But all I'm trying to do right now is write the basic statement for that theological category. So here it is:
-----------

Epistemology

There are two kinds of truth recognized in Veridicanism.

The first is secular truth. We use secular truth to live in the physical world. This truth is discovered through logical rationalizations and the scientific method of inquiry. It is mutable and changes as circumstances change. What is true today in our world may not be true tomorrow.

The second truth is eternal truth, and the discovery of it leads to eternal life. The source of this truth is found in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as recorded in the Gospel record, specifically, in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is immutable and is not affected by secular events. What is an eternal truth today will be true forever.

Truth is life. If a living person were to have no truth in his mind whatsoever, that mind would not be functionally capable of producing a personality. Personality is based on the truths that anchor the mind.

However, secular truth changes, which means the mind changes while we are living in a body, and that means we continually remake who we are as a person. The result is that what we were in the past dies, and what we become takes over.

Secular truths are fed to our minds through our physical senses by way of the brain. If the brain dies, we no longer have access to secular truths. The personality we have thus begins to fade away and ultimately ceases to exist.

For the mind to survive physical death, it must be founded on some truths that never change: eternal truth.

Veridicans hold that the only source of eternal truth on the earth is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel is the truth derived from studying the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.

Since your system has potential, but lacks far less than what can be determined to be intuitively existential matter, here is the equation for Negative Mass:

[Image: 9c3272305b90639d8c8ce540202c8cd8.png]

Now here's how it works:

1. Since your potential system is not an intuitively observable entity due to it being far too unrealistic to be true- but it exists nonetheless- we must consider it to be counter intuitive.

2. Since counter intuitiveness is the only available option, then your potential system should be regarded as dark matter.

3. If your potential system is dark matter, then that which makes up its consistency must by necessity be negative mass.

4. Since your potential system is deemed to be negative mass, then its potential by necessity must mathematically be less than 0.

So congratulations! Your system has a potential of less than 0, and thus you have positively proven that the theory of Negative Mass is factual.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
28-12-2014, 09:12 PM
"Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it".

Not so much. Prolly best keep looking for it.
You'll be able to tell for sure when the bullshit meter starts dinging non-stop.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-12-2014, 09:29 PM
(28-12-2014 09:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it".

Not so much. Prolly best keep looking for it.
You'll be able to tell for sure when the bullshit meter starts dinging non-stop.

[Image: bullshit-meter-2_zps36267f95.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post