Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.
(28-12-2014 06:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So, anyone having stir-fry for supper ?
We need some new recipes.

Not tonight but I had stir-fry Saturday. Tried out a homemade sauce:
About a third of a bottle of Japanese BBQ sauce.
Four-ish squirts of Worcestershire sauce.
Two tablespoons of honey.
Three-ish squirts of balsamic vinegar.
One tablespoon of garlic (too much for my tastes).
And buttload of "spicy pizza topper" (A mix my Mum makes. I don't actually know what's in it apart from Rosemary and Oregano.)

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Is there a vaccine for that shit? I sure as fuck don't want it. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2014, 10:22 PM
(28-12-2014 10:11 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Is there a vaccine for that shit? I sure as fuck don't want it. Tongue

Apparently there's no known cure. A chronic wasting disease. Lobotomy is the only proposed cure.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-12-2014, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 10:47 PM by Gordon.)
My philosophy of mind comes from my studies of Spinoza's monism. Jesus supports the concept of a monistic God.

But I admit, this Veridican theology is an invention of mine. It's not the best theology. It's really just more of a description of the religion. And yes, it's my religion. I'm the only Veridican aside from my wife, but she isn't creating it. She isn't writing about it, and she never will. No one will, if I don't.
28-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Alright, if you are going to make a new religion keep it to yourself. This is not the 1800's, it is 2015. At this point trying to promote a new religion is something you should not do, as it will make you look crazy.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-12-2014, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2014 06:35 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(28-12-2014 10:43 PM)Gordon Wrote:  My philosophy of mind comes from my studies of Spinoza's monism. Jesus supports the concept of a monistic God.

Of course 'Jesus' does. Never mind that we cannot verify anything he supposedly said, as the only accounts he have are anonymous and can be dated most generously to decades after the supposed events. Even then those earlier 'manuscripts' are just scraps, full codices (which also very quite a bit with later versions) don't appear until centuries after that.

If you can't show it, you don't know it. As it stands, nobody knows what Jesus supposedly said (if he even existed at all). All we have is hearsay more times removed from the source than believers would like to acknowledge.

(28-12-2014 10:43 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But I admit, this Veridican theology is an invention of mine.

Much in the same way the pile of shit from your morning bowel movements is also your 'invention'.

(28-12-2014 10:43 PM)Gordon Wrote:  It's not the best theology. It's really just more of a description of the religion. And yes, it's my religion. I'm the only Veridican aside from my wife, but she isn't creating it. She isn't writing about it, and she never will. No one will, if I don't.

Anyone else here think his wife is as fictitious as his theology?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-12-2014, 12:23 AM
(28-12-2014 08:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I think I liked your previous stuff better, at least in the older rendition you liked animals and worked out.

This one, not so much.

Ah, right, the three rituals: Animal care, physical fittness, pursuit of purpose. I liked those, too.

Unfortunately, they didn't stand the test of time. Of course, I still do them, but I don't think they actually belong in the religion. The only thing that makes any sense to stress now is for people to follow Jesus Christ--and only Jesus Christ. I don't know why but I am certain we are headed toward the apocalypse, and if that true, there's no time for messing around anymore.

(28-12-2014 10:55 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Alright, if you are going to make a new religion keep it to yourself. This is not the 1800's, it is 2015. At this point trying to promote a new religion is something you should not do, as it will make you look crazy.

Actually, it's very rare that someone can make a religion. It is extremely hard to keep one's thoughts straight when talking about spiritual things. It is very difficult to create a theology that is internally consistent. There may be 34,000 denominations of Christianity, but they're all almost identical. To create something new is rare.

(28-12-2014 11:00 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Of course 'Jesus' does. Never mind that we cannot verify anything he supposedly said, as the only accounts he have are anonymous and can be dated most generously to decades after the supposed events. Even then those earlier 'manuscripts' are just scraps, full codices (which also very quite a bit with later versions) don't appear until centuries after that.

If you can't show it, you don't know it. As it stands, nobody knows what Jesus supposedly said (if he even existed at all). All we have is hearsay more times removed from the source than believers would like to acknowledge.

Not anymore. Now we have the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I'll tell you this: If the Holy Spirit didn't guide me in writing that, then there is no Holy Spirit. There are no Christians like me. None. No one else in the history of Christendom has ever done what I am doing. No one has ever dared. And I know, as do all of you, that I'm not insane. So the reason I can love Jesus as I do and do what I'm doing, which by any normal Christian standard is a horrific heresey, is because I have the Holy Spirit whispering in my ear any time I'm working on that Gospel. The experience of that, in fact, is quite fascinating.

One of the reasons I'm completeing a 2015 revision, I have to admit, is not just to correct this or that grammar error or to include a synthesis of the birth narrative. It is also to re-experience that closeness again with the Holy Spirit. But...the 2015 version will be the end of that.

Who knows, maybe I'll write an end-times prophecy after that. Because I don't want to let that connection go. [Image: dontknow2.gif]
29-12-2014, 12:37 AM
(29-12-2014 12:23 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 11:00 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Of course 'Jesus' does. Never mind that we cannot verify anything he supposedly said, as the only accounts he have are anonymous and can be dated most generously to decades after the supposed events. Even then those earlier 'manuscripts' are just scraps, full codices (which also very quite a bit with later versions) don't appear until centuries after that.

Not anymore. Now we have the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I'll tell you this: If the Holy Spirit didn't guide me in writing that, then there is no Holy Spirit.

Simple enough, there is no Holy Spirit, and the voices inside your head are your own.

(29-12-2014 12:23 AM)Gordon Wrote:  There are no Christians like me.

Delusional fucks who hear voices and think they have the Exclusive-One-And-Only-Truth? Yeah, they're super rare. Rare like pyrite.

(29-12-2014 12:23 AM)Gordon Wrote:  None. No one else in the history of Christendom has ever done what I am doing.

Except for all of the people who ever had a hand crafting the Gospels, whether the original authors, or the many scribes and copyists that either unintentionally or purposefully created interpolations. Also, Joseph Smith.

(29-12-2014 12:23 AM)Gordon Wrote:  No one has ever dared.

No, but you're combined ignorance and delusion stopped being endearing long ago.

(29-12-2014 12:23 AM)Gordon Wrote:  And I know, as do all of you, that I'm not insane.

[Image: tumblr_inline_nbkqr12hbk1qez0th.gif]

(29-12-2014 12:23 AM)Gordon Wrote:  So the reason I can love Jesus as I do and do what I'm doing, which by any normal Christian standard is a horrific heresey, is because I have the Holy Spirit whispering in my ear any time I'm working on that Gospel.

You and every other cult leader, bar none.

(29-12-2014 12:23 AM)Gordon Wrote:  The experience of that, in fact, is quite fascinating.

The supposed experience of that is unverifiable.

(29-12-2014 12:23 AM)Gordon Wrote:  One of the reasons I'm completeing a 2015 revision, I have to admit, is not just to correct this or that grammar error or to include a synthesis of the birth narrative. It is also to re-experience that closeness again with the Holy Spirit. But...the 2015 version will be the end of that.

God only talks to you when you're in the process of making shit up? Funny that.

(29-12-2014 12:23 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Who knows, maybe I'll write an end-times prophecy after that. Because I don't want to let that connection go.

You know, there are more socially acceptable means to purposely alter your perception of reality for a buzz. Like smoking crack. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-12-2014, 06:12 AM
(29-12-2014 12:23 AM)Gordon Wrote:  It is also to re-experience that closeness again with the Holy Spirit. But...the 2015 version will be the end of that.

We can only hope. Each time you say "this time for sure" you come back with a later invention of your garbage and inflict it on TTA. The ONLY reason you're here is because you have no other venue for your attention seeking, and above all, you need that. You meet NONE of the criteria for which Seth set up TTA. Your presence on TTA is abusive and unethical. You NEED atheists on TTA as no one else will allow you to spout your idiot cult garbage.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-12-2014, 09:44 AM
(29-12-2014 06:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You meet NONE of the criteria for which Seth set up TTA. Your presence on TTA is abusive and unethical.

Yeah, that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]