Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2014, 10:36 AM
RE: Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.
So is it easy making up a religion?
I wonder how it would be to create a religion without an already established fanbase.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2014, 12:25 PM
(29-12-2014 10:36 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  So is it easy making up a religion?
I wonder how it would be to create a religion without an already established fanbase.

The bronies did it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Well I for one am very glad you've found a baseless philosophical foundation for your irrelevant sect, well done!

"A witty quote means nothing"
[+] 2 users Like tear151's post
29-12-2014, 01:16 PM
(29-12-2014 06:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We can only hope. Each time you say "this time for sure" you come back with a later invention of your garbage and inflict it on TTA. The ONLY reason you're here is because you have no other venue for your attention seeking, and above all, you need that.

Well, it works doesn't it? Every time I come here, you are my #1 fan. You comment on absolutely anything and everything I post. So, it works.

And what an audience! You might think it would be better for me to be in a Christian forum debating this. It wouldn't. They are too easy to break down. Christians have become very very weak, as you probably know. Oh, there are the psychos, but that's no different than the background noise that's in this forum.

In this forum I get held to the fire, and I get to communicate in a way that really works. This forum is not just the most popular atheist forum--it's the most popular religious forum on the web.

So, thanks for the attention, especially yours. Bowing

Quote:You meet NONE of the criteria for which Seth set up TTA.

We've already been over this. I've already posted the category I fall under. I am a freethinker looking to discuss ideas openly. Obviously this is true, because I donate to the site--and I will be doing so on a monthly basis, those donations are accepted. I believe in this forum more than you do, probably. I have the blessing of the admin to be here, and if you look at my rep points, all the big dogs give me + it's just irrelevant assholes like you that give me negative.

So, you're wrong about me being here. And I'll tell you this as the owner of several forums in the past, you want activity. You want conversation. You want controversy (within limits), and you want a diversity of ideas. This forum would be better if there were six more of me in here, not one less as you'd have it.

If you have a problem with Seth Andrews forum I suggest you take it up with Seth. I'll PM you his e-mail if you like. Or you can leave and go to another atheist forum if you like. There are others. If you want a social club for atheists where there are no believers, go find it.

Or a third option, you can ignore my posts. You don't have to follow me around. I don't come to your posts and attack you. So stop whining--young man. Laughat

Quote:Your presence on TTA is abusive and unethical. You NEED atheists on TTA as no one else will allow you to spout your idiot cult garbage.

Abusive and unethical? That coming from you! Facepalm

And you're right. No Christian group would allow me two feet in the door. I would be banned immediately, and have been. But that's okay, there will come a time when they will.

And for your information, I have friends here. Some of them don't like me, but I still feel like they are friends, because maybe it will go hard and heavy in here, but then we have PMs that are very cordial. So bite me. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2014, 01:18 PM
(29-12-2014 01:16 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 06:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We can only hope. Each time you say "this time for sure" you come back with a later invention of your garbage and inflict it on TTA. The ONLY reason you're here is because you have no other venue for your attention seeking, and above all, you need that.

Well, it works doesn't it? Every time I come here, you are my #1 fan. You comment on absolutely anything and everything I post. So, it works.

And what an audience! You might think it would be better for me to be in a Christian forum debating this. It wouldn't. They are too easy to break down. Christians have become very very weak, as you probably know. Oh, there are the psychos, but that's no different than the background noise that's in this forum.

In this forum I get held to the fire, and I get to communicate in a way that really works. This forum is not just the most popular atheist forum--it's the most popular religious forum on the web.

So, thanks for the attention, especially yours. Bowing

Quote:You meet NONE of the criteria for which Seth set up TTA.

We've already been over this. I've already posted the category I fall under. I am a freethinker looking to discuss ideas openly. Obviously this is true, because I donate to the site--and I will be doing so on a monthly basis, those donations are accepted. I believe in this forum more than you do, probably. I have the blessing of the admin to be here, and if you look at my rep points, all the big dogs give me + it's just irrelevant assholes like you that give me negative.

So, you're wrong about me being here. And I'll tell you this as the owner of several forums in the past, you want activity. You want conversation. You want controversy (within limits), and you want a diversity of ideas. This forum would be better if there were six more of me in here, not one less as you'd have it.

If you have a problem with Seth Andrews forum I suggest you take it up with Seth. I'll PM you his e-mail if you like. Or you can leave and go to another atheist forum if you like. There are others. If you want a social club for atheists where there are no believers, go find it.

Or a third option, you can ignore my posts. You don't have to follow me around. I don't come to your posts and attack you. So stop whining--young man. Laughat

Quote:Your presence on TTA is abusive and unethical. You NEED atheists on TTA as no one else will allow you to spout your idiot cult garbage.

Abusive and unethical? That coming from you! Facepalm

And you're right. No Christian group would allow me two feet in the door. I would be banned immediately, and have been. But that's okay, there will come a time when they will.

And for your information, I have friends here. Some of them don't like me, but I still feel like they are friends, because maybe it will go hard and heavy in here, but then we have PMs that are very cordial. So bite me. Drinking Beverage

More imaginary friends?! Facepalm
29-12-2014, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2014 02:08 PM by Free.)
(29-12-2014 01:16 PM)Gordon Wrote:  No Christian group would allow me two feet in the door. I would be banned immediately, and have been.

So you came to an atheist forum because it's the least of two evils?

Look, I understand the need to find acceptance someplace for what you believe in. You are alone with what you believe to be an extraordinary philosophy concerning Jesus, and you are desperate to share it.

Your intentions are probably good, but despite that you still need to live in this big bad real world. Here, on this forum, exists some of the greatest minds you will ever come to know. Many- if not most- of the people here have been down the theistic road and through education have come to the realization that theology is an antiquated belief system that has brought nothing but hardship to all of humanity, and who can argue?

Look at the history of Christianity, and Islam. Both of these belief systems have been spread by the sword to the subjugation of billions upon billions of people over the centuries. Religions have caused so much pain and suffering in the world that not even the greatest wars in history could compare to the destruction these religions have left in their wake.

And yet you come here with a re-packaged new religious philosophy to share with these very same people who are rightfully disgusted with religion as a whole?

Perhaps your approach to us is all wrong? Perhaps your approach to us should be one in which you tone down your beliefs and philosophy to a whisper so that you can then actually hear what many here are trying to say to you?

Perhaps, if you really want to emulate Jesus, you should not so much as repeat or re-package what he said verbatim, but rather extend out your hand to all in peace, love, and friendship and let your very actions determine who you are as opposed to any kind of promotion in regards to what you believe?

Take Kingschosen, for example. An excellent example of a theist here who is greatly accepted and adored by all here. How does he do it? He does it by his peaceful actions, his soft spoken manner of speech, and his quickness to forgive any who slight him in any way.

You can find peace and comfort here if you really try. Here you can rest with the very kinds of people whom Jesus was known to love most of all.

The choice is yours. It always has been. It's always been siting right in your own hands.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
29-12-2014, 04:10 PM
(29-12-2014 01:50 PM)Free Wrote:  So you came to an atheist forum because it's the least of two evils?

I came here because I get free speech with people talking about religion. It's a simple motivation really. Drinking Beverage

Quote:Look, I understand the need to find acceptance someplace for what you believe in. You are alone with what you believe to be an extraordinary philosophy concerning Jesus, and you are desperate to share it.

Nobody accepts what I believe in here. Nobody ever has. So, so much for that theory. Besides, I don't have anything right now for people to believe in other than, "follow Jesus."

Quote:Your intentions are probably good, but despite that you still need to live in this big bad real world. Here, on this forum, exists some of the greatest minds you will ever come to know.

You've got to be kidding. [Image: giggle2.gif]

Quote:Many- if not most- of the people here have been down the theistic road and through education have come to the realization that theology is an antiquated belief system that has brought nothing but hardship to all of humanity, and who can argue?

Most of the people in here don't have a college degree--in anything.

Quote:Look at the history of Christianity, and Islam. Both of these belief systems have been spread by the sword to the subjugation of billions upon billions of people over the centuries.

Yeah, that's the way it works. That's the nature of human beings. Everyone's a fundamentalist of some sort. Right now, Islam is very aggressive. But a time is coming when they will be eradicated and so will atheists. Then those who are left will be in Christ and they will rule the world. You won't have to worry about it, because there's no side that's ever going to let you live through it.

Quote:Religions have caused so much pain and suffering in the world that not even the greatest wars in history could compare to the destruction these religions have left in their wake.

So? Get used to it. It's never going to change until those in Christ are ruling the world.

Quote:And yet you come here with a re-packaged new religious philosophy to share with these very same people who are rightfully disgusted with religion as a whole?

Perhaps your approach to us is all wrong? Perhaps your approach to us should be one in which you tone down your beliefs and philosophy to a whisper so that you can then actually hear what many here are trying to say to you?

Fuck what you're trying to say. Who gives a shit. It's satanic deception intended to destroy the old Christian Church. That's the only reason you exist. Atheism is a disease of opportunity. There is coming a time when you will beg those in Christ to save you.

Quote:Perhaps, if you really want to emulate Jesus, you should not so much as repeat or re-package what he said verbatim, but rather extend out your hand to all in peace, love, and friendship and let your very actions determine who you are as opposed to any kind of promotion in regards to what you believe?

Take Kingschosen, for example.

Quote:An excellent example of a theist here who is greatly accepted and adored by all here.

Yeah, he's the atheist's bitch. Spiritually speaking.

Quote:How does he do it? He does it by his peaceful actions, his soft spoken manner of speech, and his quickness to forgive any who slight him in any way.

He hates my guts and none of you have adopted his faith. So, bite me. [Image: moon1.gif]

Quote:You can find peace and comfort here if you really try. Here you can rest with the very kinds of people whom Jesus was known to love most of all.

You are the equivalent of the demons he ordered into pigs. Sorry, but it's a fact. [Image: piggy.gif]

Quote:The choice is yours. It always has been. It's always been siting right in your own hands.

Thanks. I'll pass. [Image: svomit_100-122.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2014, 04:26 PM
(29-12-2014 01:16 PM)Gordon Wrote:  We've already been over this. I've already posted the category I fall under. I am a freethinker looking to discuss ideas openly.

You are no more a "freethinker" than any fundamentalist is. You KNOW (and have REPEATEDLY TOLD US) you HAVE all the truth you need. You are "open" to nothing. You are here for the attention, as no one goes to your idiot site, and you have nowhere else to go. You fatuously lie, to justify your attention seeking behavior.

(29-12-2014 01:16 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Obviously this is true, because I donate to the site--

One has nothing to do with the other. Your sentence is a non-sequitur. (But thanks for demonstrating how illogical your thought process is, yet again).

(29-12-2014 01:16 PM)Gordon Wrote:  So, you're wrong about me being here. And I'll tell you this as the owner of several forums in the past, you want activity. You want conversation. You want controversy (within limits), and you want a diversity of ideas. This forum would be better if there were six more of me in here, not one less as you'd have it.

So the two-member cult leader with a forum to which NO ONE goes, thinks he can discuss what makes one successful ? You are seriously hilarious.

(29-12-2014 01:16 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But that's okay, there will come a time when they will.

Sure they will, dear. Sure they will. Weeping

(29-12-2014 01:16 PM)Gordon Wrote:  So bite me.

Said the 2-person Jebus cult leader who says he's a follower of the gospel.
Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-12-2014, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2014 04:56 PM by Free.)
(29-12-2014 04:10 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
Quote:The choice is yours. It always has been. It's always been siting right in your own hands.

Thanks. I'll pass. [Image: svomit_100-122.gif]

You pass at your own peril.

Nobody here will ever accept the philosophy you are offering. Not a single person.

So if you are here thinking you have some kind of divine gift to share, you may as well give up right now because nobody is even slightly interested in your religion.

You come off an an egotistical, maniacal, and narcissistic individual depraved of reality and succumbing to a religious ideology that is drowning in a cesspool of lunacy.

That is how the majority of us here see you.

Insulted? Well of course your ego will not allow you to admit to being insulted, because your pride prohibits it. After all, there's nothing anybody here could ever say to you that you would ever take to heart insomuch that it would force you to look in the mirror and with intellectual honesty actually question yourself, right?

Of course not! That's not how you roll!

Do you think you are in a den of lions here? Do you view us all here as some kind of a pit of vipers? Or are we the "furnace of affliction" as so described in Isa_48:10? Do you think you are someone chosen by your god to reveal something hidden?

There is no one you can save here, because there is no one here with any faith in any god, particularly any god as you understand a god to be. Your god is just another in thousands of gods, all of whom have vanished in time due to the reality of knowledge and education.

You don't think anyone is educated here? I am an IT professional, with degrees in various things, and minors in other things such as ancient religious history. I have too damn much education, if you want to know the truth. And many people here have even more education than I have.

Oh yes, this forum is riddled with highly educated and genius level persons, as atheists tend to be the way.

But you? You don't even have enough education to know how important it is to be honest with yourself, and then to take steps to better yourself.

Should we hold out any hope for you, Edward? Or should we think that we should just keep our distance from you as you sit alone in the corner mumbling to yourself like a maniac?

No one is listening ... because nobody wants to hear the mumblings coming forth from a troubled mind.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
29-12-2014, 05:15 PM
But don't you think that saying "it says so in the Veridican Gospel" opens you up to circular logic? That is, the Veridican gospel is true because the Veridican book says so, so therefore it's true because it says it's true?

And by restating the Biblical Gospels, aren't you in essence saying the Bible is true or at least a good foundation. By saying that the Veridican book and religion is based upon that, it's saying the Gospels themselves are right. By saying that, you're saying the Bible is true, and therefore doesn't the Veridican book just serve as a summary of the Gospels?

No offense, but there are hundreds of books already specifically for the Gospels. I know that because I've worked for three different bookseller companies. I've also perused many religious books of many religions in my free time.

If you continue down this path, you'd have to separate yourself from Jesuism writings, such as Geza Vermes or various red-letter editions or Frank Seaver Billings (who, though an atheist, did admit that Christianity isn't really what was attributed to Jesus).