Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2014, 10:12 PM
RE: Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.
(31-12-2014 04:36 PM)Free Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 01:49 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Yes, atheists are retarded. Probably because atheism is self-contradictory. They demand evidence, but provide no evidence of evidence.

You seem to have a problem with atheists demanding evidence, but I bet that if you were ever wrongfully accused and charged with a crime you would demand evidence while screaming your head off.

How would you like to go to jail for a crime you didn't commit and with absolutely no evidence that you committed the crime?

Would you like that?

Evidence is extremely important as it confirms the existence of things. It is not retarded to demand evidence for something when there is no evidence presented.

Demanding evidence to support the existence of God is exactly the same thing as you demanding evidence to support the existence of a crime you could be charged with.

You have the right to see what, if any, evidence that your accuser has against you, and by the exact same standard atheists have the right to see any evidence of God.

Suddenly, it's not retarded any more, is it?

I agree. What I'm asking for is a way that you can justify evidence without God. If you don't have an ultimate authority, you can't know anything.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2014, 10:20 PM
(31-12-2014 10:11 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 04:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If there's no evidence, that's all there is. Absence.
Asking for evidence of no evidence is utterly retarded.

I'm asking for evidence that we should use evidence. Your position is circular.

Just when I think you can’t top yourself for irony you do. You, sir, are either ignorant or oblivious. In either case it doesn’t bode well for you.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
31-12-2014, 10:23 PM
(31-12-2014 10:12 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 04:36 PM)Free Wrote:  You seem to have a problem with atheists demanding evidence, but I bet that if you were ever wrongfully accused and charged with a crime you would demand evidence while screaming your head off.

How would you like to go to jail for a crime you didn't commit and with absolutely no evidence that you committed the crime?

Would you like that?

Evidence is extremely important as it confirms the existence of things. It is not retarded to demand evidence for something when there is no evidence presented.

Demanding evidence to support the existence of God is exactly the same thing as you demanding evidence to support the existence of a crime you could be charged with.

You have the right to see what, if any, evidence that your accuser has against you, and by the exact same standard atheists have the right to see any evidence of God.

I agree. What I'm asking for is a way that you can justify evidence without God. If you don't have an ultimate authority, you can't know anything.

That is the umpteenth time you have asserted that; you have never once justified it.

You are a spammy troll. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-12-2014, 10:24 PM
(31-12-2014 10:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 10:12 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I agree. What I'm asking for is a way that you can justify evidence without God. If you don't have an ultimate authority, you can't know anything.

That is the umpteenth time you have asserted that; you have never once justified it.

And this is the umpteenth time you have failed to refute it.

You are willfully ignorant.

Truth seeker.
31-12-2014, 10:39 PM
(31-12-2014 10:24 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 10:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is the umpteenth time you have asserted that; you have never once justified it.

There is nothing to refute. You've been watching too much YouTube child.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
31-12-2014, 10:48 PM
(31-12-2014 10:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 10:24 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  And this is the umpteenth time you have failed to refute it.

There is nothing to refute. You've been watching too much YouTube child.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
-Christopher Hitchens

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
31-12-2014, 11:23 PM
(31-12-2014 10:24 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 10:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is the umpteenth time you have asserted that; you have never once justified it.

You are unintentionally hilarious. You made the assertion, you need to support it - the onus is on you, not on me.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-12-2014, 11:35 PM
(31-12-2014 10:11 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 04:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If there's no evidence, that's all there is. Absence.
Asking for evidence of no evidence is utterly retarded.

I'm asking for evidence that we should use evidence. Your position is circular.

You can wait many years before you see such history-making ironies.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
01-01-2015, 07:25 AM
(31-12-2014 04:36 PM)Free Wrote:  You seem to have a problem with atheists demanding evidence, but I bet that if you were ever wrongfully accused and charged with a crime you would demand evidence while screaming your head off.

Would you like that?

How would you know what an "ultimate authority" even looks like the first time you looked. How would you define what evidence even is the first time the question arises with respect to your god. The POINT is, at some time, YOU have to establish your criteria. No Jebus came and told you what your criteria are.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-01-2015, 10:03 AM

Would you like that?

Do you understand what "circular reasoning" is, and why it is considered to be faulty reasoning?

Let me use your quote above to demonstrate:

1. You ask for how we can justify evidence without God.
2. But first you must prove God exists.
3. Then you insist that we must have an ultimate authority or we can't know anything.
4. But you must prove the ultimate authority of God actually exists.

Do you see the circle?

"Circular reasoning (Latin: circulus in probando, "circle in proving"; also known as circular logic) is a logical fallacy in which the reasoner begins with what they are trying to end with."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning

You begin your argument with the assumption that God exists, and end your argument with the assumption that God exists.

But in between your beginning an ending is the question of, "Can you prove God exists?" But your ignore that question and go right back into the circle.

In pure logic and reasoning, this is considered a "logical fallacy."

You should never refuse an education, nor dismiss an education in regards to effectively using your reasoning abilities, because if you continue to ignore it and dismiss it, you run a very high risk of psychologically damaging yourself due to internal conflict within your conscience. This can create a very serious mental illness for you.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.