Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.
No, Ed. I don't hate your guts.

That's just ridiculous.

That being said, your response is on par with your mental state at this point in time... ridiculous.

As far as being an "atheist's bitch", I'm just taking my cue from Jesus... who hung out with non-believers and was accepted more by non-believers that the believers. So yeah, thanks for the compliment.

Also, Jesus spent a lot of His time rebuking false teachings and those that made a mockery of God and very little time rebuking non-believers. Just trying to model myself after the person you've so painstakingly amalgamated into this literally (and I mean literal in its literal meaning) insane religion you've heretic-ally created.

Keep trying to play a victim there, Ed. Maybe you should try and emulate Christ for once.

But yeah, I don't hate you. I don't know you nor do I care enough about your kookiness to muster up anything that's closely related to hate.

Besides, I don't hate anything. That's a waste of my energy. I have a fast metabolism so I burn calories super quickly. Since I'm trying to gain weight, I can't afford spending any of my precious caloric intake on anything so inconsequential as hating someone I don't know over the Internet. In fact, writing this response is quite a detriment to my energy reserves.

Thanks Ed. Now I have to eat a banana.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
02-01-2015, 04:26 PM
"Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it."

Every time I see this thread title, I think I'm about to hear a song from My Fair Lady.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-01-2015, 04:34 PM
(02-01-2015 02:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, Ed. I don't hate your guts.

That's just ridiculous.

Why can't I quit you? Weeping

Quote:That being said, your response is on par with your mental state at this point in time... ridiculous.

As far as being an "atheist's bitch", I'm just taking my cue from Jesus... who hung out with non-believers and was accepted more by non-believers that the believers. So yeah, thanks for the compliment.

That's true.

Quote:Also, Jesus spent a lot of His time rebuking false teachings and those that made a mockery of God and very little time rebuking non-believers. Just trying to model myself after the person you've so painstakingly amalgamated into this literally (and I mean literal in its literal meaning) insane religion you've heretic-ally created.

Heretical to whom? You? I'm not a Calvinist. The Catholic Church? I'm not a Catholic. Harvest Crusade Ministries? So what? I don't go to their crusades. Maybe you mean Creflo Dollar's World Changers Church International, or the Branch Davidians. I don't even care if you judge me, because I don't follow your religion.

You follow man. You can't deny that--because you didn't create Calvinism. I follow Jesus Christ. That's it. I created my own path with him. Heretical? What would you know?

Quote:Keep trying to play a victim there, Ed. Maybe you should try and emulate Christ for once.

I do try. I'm just not very good at it--yet.

Quote:But yeah, I don't hate you. I don't know you nor do I care enough about your kookiness to muster up anything that's closely related to hate.

Besides, I don't hate anything. That's a waste of my energy. I have a fast metabolism so I burn calories super quickly. Since I'm trying to gain weight, I can't afford spending any of my precious caloric intake on anything so inconsequential as hating someone I don't know over the Internet. In fact, writing this response is quite a detriment to my energy reserves.

Thanks Ed. Now I have to eat a banana.

Hey, drink an Ensure with that banana. That's my professional opinion. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2015, 04:54 PM
(02-01-2015 04:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
Quote:Keep trying to play a victim there, Ed. Maybe you should try and emulate Christ for once.

I do try. I'm just not very good at it--yet.

There is no mystery at all in understanding the words attributed to Jesus of Nazareth. The biggest mystery to me is that so many people who claim to follow him ... do not actually follow him.

Most proclaimed followers of Jesus are more interested in boasting to others about how much scripture they know, or how great a Christian they actually are.

It is my opinion that a true follower of Jesus does not care about scripture, or church, or what they know. The true followers of Jesus are the ones who simply love one another.

You can write your gospel. You can defend your beliefs. You can argue religion until the walls come tumbling down, but absolutely none of that will ever bring you closer to the truth than demonstrating an excellence in character towards your fellow man, which includes non believers and believers alike.

Now that is Christ like.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
02-01-2015, 11:01 PM
(02-01-2015 04:54 PM)Free Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 04:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I do try. I'm just not very good at it--yet.

There is no mystery at all in understanding the words attributed to Jesus of Nazareth. The biggest mystery to me is that so many people who claim to follow him ... do not actually follow him.

Most proclaimed followers of Jesus are more interested in boasting to others about how much scripture they know, or how great a Christian they actually are.

It is my opinion that a true follower of Jesus does not care about scripture, or church, or what they know. The true followers of Jesus are the ones who simply love one another.

You can write your gospel. You can defend your beliefs. You can argue religion until the walls come tumbling down, but absolutely none of that will ever bring you closer to the truth than demonstrating an excellence in character towards your fellow man, which includes non believers and believers alike.

Now that is Christ like.

What do you care? You're an atheist. To you, Jesus must have been a liar or a madman, or patently wrong. That's your only options. So, I would say, you don't have a dog in this fight. No
02-01-2015, 11:45 PM
(02-01-2015 11:01 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 04:54 PM)Free Wrote:  There is no mystery at all in understanding the words attributed to Jesus of Nazareth. The biggest mystery to me is that so many people who claim to follow him ... do not actually follow him.

Now that is Christ like.

What do you care? You're an atheist. To you, Jesus must have been a liar or a madman, or patently wrong. That's your only options. So, I would say, you don't have a dog in this fight. No

Or neither.. he also could of been a person who didn't say much of what is claimed of him, or multiple people combined into one story of a person, or not a person that existed at all... I don't get how you'd conclude he was a liar, nothing much of what except quotes in John would be something someone would consider lying.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-01-2015, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 08:57 AM by Free.)
(02-01-2015 11:01 PM)Gordon Wrote:  What do you care? You're an atheist. To you, Jesus must have been a liar or a madman, or patently wrong. That's your only options. So, I would say, you don't have a dog in this fight. No

You don't seem to understand something here, Edward. Yes, I am an atheist, but all atheists are so diverse from each other that no two of us are alike. The only common characteristic atheists share is that we have no beliefs in any gods. That's it.

Now in respect to Jesus, I do not see a liar, a madman, nor is it an issue of right or wrong. I see him from a historical perspective, as opposed to a religious view. I see a man who had very strong convictions about what he believed, and shared those beliefs with his followers right up until his death.

I accept that some of the things written about him are true, which includes many of his teachings. Those teachings resonate with me, as I view them from a human perspective as opposed to a religious perspective.

I keep telling people that the entire message of Jesus was so remarkably simple; have love for one another. He repeats this theme over and over in his message. This tells me that Jesus was teaching people that by simply loving one another all the world's problems would be solved.

And he's right.

Now, if you simply did what Jesus taught- have love for everyone- you will have completed everything he taught to perfection. You see, if God existed, do you think he would judge you based upon what you know and what kind of beliefs you had? Since so many people have such diverse beliefs regarding God, can they all be correct?

No, they cannot all be right. If God exists he would never judge you based upon what you know or what you believe because that is not what matters. What matters is how you live your life and how you treat your fellow man. All the old laws, everything the prophets said, and everything Jesus said all boils down to how you treat others.

If this were not true, then why are almost all of the 10 commandments all about people, and not God? Why do the all the old Mosaic Laws concern themselves with people? Why did Jesus teach the people?

Edward, it's all about the people. It's all about what you can do for others. It's never about anything you believe, or anything else you know, or any gospels you write, or disbelievers or believers, or nothing else whatsoever.

Everything that was ever written or spoken was for the people. Therefore, reach out to the people with you hand, and not a book. Bring forth your heart and not a pen. Walk arm and arm with the sinners, for the saints do not need you. Give of yourself and you will have given all.

And have love for others.

That's all, Edward. There's nothing more needed here. Go to the people with a heart, with compassion, love and with peace. Show all what you believe Christ was like with your actions, and not your words.

Actions speak louder than words.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
03-01-2015, 10:00 AM
(03-01-2015 08:45 AM)Free Wrote:  Edward, it's all about the people. It's all about what you can do for others. It's never about anything you believe, or anything else you know, or any gospels you write, or disbelievers or believers, or nothing else whatsoever.

Actually, I believe you're right about that.

You know, I'm having a bit of a change of heart. And truth is, with the VGJC, I don't know why God has put it upon me to write it and publish it. I honestly can't imagine it has anything to do with me or anything to do with the years that I am alive.

I honestly think, that my calling to be a nurse is just as strong, maybe even more so.

Do you know the one thing I could never accept, would never want, and would actually sicken me, is if anyone else ever became a "Veridican."

I'm not a leader, and at the same time, I could never tolerate anyone having input into what Veridicanism is. Never. So, you see, I'm actually in the way of Veridicanism--if Veridicanism is actually something God wants in the world.

Personally? And I could be wrong, but I think Veridicanism is just for me. I think everyone should read the Gospels and make their own religion. Or write a Gospel and make their own religion. I think anyone who truly loves God and Christ won't go wrong if they do.

As for me? I think I am an atheist and a Christian. That's what I think. And while that is a paradox, maybe even a contradiction. I understand it fully, and I don't care to explain it.

I've been wrong to come in here all piss and vinegar preaching hell fire and brimstone. I've been really wrong about atheists. That's a fact. And what I know now, I can't talk about.

I've been mean and rude to you, Free. And I apologize. Undecided
[+] 3 users Like Gordon's post
03-01-2015, 10:07 AM
(03-01-2015 10:00 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 08:45 AM)Free Wrote:  Edward, it's all about the people. It's all about what you can do for others. It's never about anything you believe, or anything else you know, or any gospels you write, or disbelievers or believers, or nothing else whatsoever.

Actually, I believe you're right about that.

You know, I'm having a bit of a change of heart. And truth is, with the VGJC, I don't know why God has put it upon me to write it and publish it. I honestly can't imagine it has anything to do with me or anything to do with the years that I am alive.

I honestly think, that my calling to be a nurse is just as strong, maybe even more so.

Do you know the one thing I could never accept, would never want, and would actually sicken me, is if anyone else ever became a "Veridican."

I'm not a leader, and at the same time, I could never tolerate anyone having input into what Veridicanism is. Never. So, you see, I'm actually in the way of Veridicanism--if Veridicanism is actually something God wants in the world.

Personally? And I could be wrong, but I think Veridicanism is just for me. I think everyone should read the Gospels and make their own religion. Or write a Gospel and make their own religion. I think anyone who truly loves God and Christ won't go wrong if they do.

As for me? I think I am an atheist and a Christian. That's what I think. And while that is a paradox, maybe even a contradiction. I understand it fully, and I don't care to explain it.

I've been wrong to come in here all piss and vinegar preaching hell fire and brimstone. I've been really wrong about atheists. That's a fact. And what I know now, I can't talk about.

I've been mean and rude to you, Free. And I apologize. Undecided

Hey, I understand that rudeness, and accept the apology. I have been equally rude and also apologize.

A nurse? That's awesome, and an exceptionally noble profession. My wife was a nurse for 12 years.

Yes, leave the hell fire and brimstone up to interpretation, as none of us should judge each other since none of are qualified. Let us not throw the first stone.

Just be yourself, Edward. If Christ is whom you believe him to be, then put on Christ by simply doing what he did; loving the people.

I practice that philosophy each and every day, because it is true.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
03-01-2015, 10:10 AM
(03-01-2015 10:00 AM)Gordon Wrote:  And truth is, with the VGJC, I don't know why God has put it upon me to write it and publish it.

God may have told you to write it. God knows Girly and Cantor can understand and appreciate that. But it is not God that is telling you to publish and proselytize it in search of external validation. That is something else entirely Ego®.

(03-01-2015 10:00 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Personally? And I could be wrong, but I think Veridicanism is just for me. I think everyone should read the Gospels and make their own religion. Or write a Gospel and make their own religion. I think anyone who truly loves God and Christ won't go wrong if they do.

No shit Sherlock.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus