Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2015, 07:25 AM
RE: Veridican Epistemology--I think I have it.
(28-12-2014 01:30 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Veridicans hold that the only source of eternal truth on the earth is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel is the truth derived from studying the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.

What was the purpose of your edited version of the Gospels again? What does it attempt to convey which is not being conveyed well by the four gospels already?

And how do you see yourself in all this? Do you envision a future where everybody becomes converted to Verdicianism? Saved by the very vision that God imparted on you, as his chosen servant of truth?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 09:48 AM
(04-01-2015 07:25 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 01:30 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Veridicans hold that the only source of eternal truth on the earth is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel is the truth derived from studying the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.

What was the purpose of your edited version of the Gospels again? What does it attempt to convey which is not being conveyed well by the four gospels already?

And how do you see yourself in all this? Do you envision a future where everybody becomes converted to Verdicianism? Saved by the very vision that God imparted on you, as his chosen servant of truth?

Very good questions. I've done a lot of thinking about this over the last couple of days.

The synthesized harmony of the Gospels I wrote (and am currently revising) is just that. Tatian did the same thing back in the 2nd Century. Mine is different because it also contains the Gospel of Thomas, which Tatian didn't have.

Honestly, I don't know what the purpose of it is. I know I felt led by God to do it. I felt, and still do, that He requires me to do it. And you don't have to accept that, but that's my reason for doing it. But to what end it all is, I have no idea. I feel like it may not even be an issue while I'm alive.

Quote:And how do you see yourself in all this? Do you envision a future where everybody becomes converted to Verdicianism? Saved by the very vision that God imparted on you, as his chosen servant of truth?

I thought about that. But in truth, I could never have that. I thought I could, but I can't. There has always been an inherent problem with Veridicanism. The word itself means "The doctrine of those who follow that which is true." And the word existed, before any tenets or philosophy of it developed. And in over 20 years, I have never managed to actually nail down a theology of Veridicanism. The reason is because if one becomes a Veridican, then they are following me, not the truth as it is revealed to them--which is what I do.

For anyone to be a Veridican other than myself would be a contradiction of the term, because I'm not a prophet. People have to come to God. I think they can only do that through Jesus Christ, and they can only do that on their own. So, Veridican theology can be reduced to one sentence: Believe in Jesus Christ, and make your own religion out of that.

This post. This epistemology. All I can say is that it applies to me. I have no idea how Christ would work in your life if you were to seek him out. And that's the truth. [Image: preach.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2015, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 10:15 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Dumish questions. As was pointed out to Eddy, he's just one in a VERY LONG line of those who re-wrote the gospels.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_harmony

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-01-2015, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 10:00 AM by Tomasia.)
(04-01-2015 09:48 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Honestly, I don't know what the purpose of it is. I know I felt led by God to do it. I felt, and still do, that He requires me to do it. And you don't have to accept that, but that's my reason for doing it. But to what end it all is, I have no idea. I feel like it may not even be an issue while I'm alive.

But what does one get out of your synthesized version of the story, that one wouldn't just get out of reading the Gospels, including Thomas? Is it attempting to convey something, the truth as you put it, that you feel is inadequately conveyed by reading the Gospels?

And also how long have you been aware of this vision of yours, that resulted in your synthesized Gospel, and the mission laid on you by God to write it?

Countless people have believed themselves compelled by God, to do a variety of things, some who have been sincere in their convictions, like a man compelled to be a Pastor, or to tend to the poor and suffering. We also have all sorts of folks who believed God had assigned them a unique and special mission, many who ended up in a room for psyche evaluation. We have numerous accounts of diagnosed bipolar individuals stating how during their manic episodes, often felt compelled by God in such away.

Did you ever consider that the underlying aspects of the latter group, to believe themselves called in such away, is the source of what leads you to believe that God had chosen you for this unique unfolding?

Or is this something you believe to be unlikely to be the case, and in fact this journey of yours is an authentic one?

Have you ever at any point believed you were more than just a man, contemplated perhaps that you were God himself, or the second coming of Jesus, even if you reject all this now?
06-01-2015, 02:38 PM
(31-12-2014 10:11 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm asking for evidence that we should use evidence.

This is stupid. If you question the need for evidence then you could never trust your conclusion if you found any.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
06-01-2015, 05:52 PM
(04-01-2015 09:48 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I have no idea how Christ would work in your life if you were to seek him out. And that's the truth. [Image: preach.gif]

He wouldn't, that's the point.
06-01-2015, 05:55 PM
epesiodimy is when you get cut during birth.....right?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-01-2015, 05:56 PM
(06-01-2015 05:55 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  epesiodimy is when you get cut during birth.....right?

Yes.

"An episiotomy is a surgical cut in the muscular area between the vagina and the anus (the area called the perineum) made just before delivery to enlarge your vaginal opening."
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
06-01-2015, 05:57 PM
(06-01-2015 05:52 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 09:48 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I have no idea how Christ would work in your life if you were to seek him out. And that's the truth. [Image: preach.gif]

He wouldn't, that's the point.

Then you need to incentivise him.

If he can't work unsupervised, you might need to install CCTV or something.

Yes

06-01-2015, 05:58 PM
(06-01-2015 05:56 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 05:55 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  epesiodimy is when you get cut during birth.....right?

Yes.

"An episiotomy is a surgical cut in the muscular area between the vagina and the anus (the area called the perineum) made just before delivery to enlarge your vaginal opening."

I was being a smart-ass via title to this thread

*sticks out tongue*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.