Verifying animal abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 02:52 AM
RE: Verifying animal abuse
(03-09-2017 02:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  My problem with bobbing is that you're cutting off parts of the animal to satiate your own vanity. Dogs don't get their tails or ears cut short for their own benefit.

But what difference does it make if that bobbing was for vanity or rational reasons. I'm pretty sure a lot of those bobbings and whatnot lead to back to some reasonable hunting/security/war/killpeople/makepeoplefeelfuzzy rationale.

(03-09-2017 02:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  As for declawing, I'm following the recommendation of the Humane Society on this one.

'If performed on a human being, declawing would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle.'

Between the various health complications, the unnecessary pain and suffering, and the misconceptions about the advantages of declawing, I'd oppose it in all but the most medically necessary of cases (such as to remove a cancerous tumor).

I know I'm a bad, bad man, but I think we should do that to all cats out of fucking principle. You think you can take that pack of hounds, and that pack of hounds know you could, except you got no fucking claws. Who's your daddy now, cat?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2017, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 09:58 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-09-2017 02:52 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  My problem with bobbing is that you're cutting off parts of the animal to satiate your own vanity. Dogs don't get their tails or ears cut short for their own benefit.

But what difference does it make if that bobbing was for vanity or rational reasons. I'm pretty sure a lot of those bobbings and whatnot lead to back to some reasonable hunting/security/war/killpeople/makepeoplefeelfuzzy rationale.

I just feel like my subjective vanity shouldn't so invasively affect an animal entrusted to my care. It feels like a violation of that trust and responsibility. Also, I'm not going to pretend that the Abrahamic/circucision similarities don't also skeeve me out hell personally.

(03-09-2017 02:52 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  As for declawing, I'm following the recommendation of the Humane Society on this one.

'If performed on a human being, declawing would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle.'

Between the various health complications, the unnecessary pain and suffering, and the misconceptions about the advantages of declawing, I'd oppose it in all but the most medically necessary of cases (such as to remove a cancerous tumor).

I know I'm a bad, bad man, but I think we should do that to all cats out of fucking principle. You think you can take that pack of hounds, and that pack of hounds know you could, except you got no fucking claws. Who's your daddy now, cat?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-09-2017, 03:07 AM
(03-09-2017 03:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I just feel like my subjective vanity should so invasively affect an animal entrusted to my care. It feels like a violation of that trust and responsibility. Also, I'm not going to pretend that the Abrahamic/circucision similarities don't also skeeve me out hell personally.

I can totally understand.
03-09-2017, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 03:18 AM by GirlyMan.)
(03-09-2017 03:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:52 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But what difference does it make if that bobbing was for vanity or rational reasons. I'm pretty sure a lot of those bobbings and whatnot lead to back to some reasonable hunting/security/war/killpeople/makepeoplefeelfuzzy rationale.

I just feel like my subjective vanity should so invasively affect an animal entrusted to my care. It feels like a violation of that trust and responsibility.

But since they live for your vanity and approval you are depriving them of appreciating their raison d'etre. Cocker spaniel's happy he got no tail. Look! I got no tail! Happy dog don't give the shit you do.

#sigh
03-09-2017, 03:20 AM
(03-09-2017 03:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 03:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I just feel like my subjective vanity should so invasively affect an animal entrusted to my care. It feels like a violation of that trust and responsibility.

But since they live for your vanity and approval you are depriving them of appreciating their raison d'etre.

I think you have that backwards. If you shoulder the responsibility of caring for a pet, then the pet's well being should become your raison d'etre.

We've already domesticated them (with varying degrees of success) for our own benefit, we owe them at least that much.

03-09-2017, 03:50 AM
(03-09-2017 03:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 03:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But since they live for your vanity and approval you are depriving them of appreciating their raison d'etre.

I think you have that backwards. If you shoulder the responsibility of caring for a pet, then the pet's well being should become your raison d'etre.

We've already domesticated them (with varying degrees of success) for our own benefit, we owe them at least that much.

I don't have it backwards. You are your pet's raisin deux etrude. Pets have the advantage over others of their species of being able to experience a raison de excrement. I've seen it. They get it. ... Especially the ones who still remember being almost dead.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-09-2017, 03:59 AM
(03-09-2017 03:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 03:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I think you have that backwards. If you shoulder the responsibility of caring for a pet, then the pet's well being should become your raison d'etre.

I don't have it backwards. You are your pet's raisin deux etrude. Pets have the advantage over others of their species of being able to experience a raison de excrement. I've seen it. They get it. ... Especially the ones who still remember being almost dead.

I'm sorry, I cannot take you seriously when you use faux French to pass off 'reason to shit'... Laugh out load

03-09-2017, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 04:26 AM by GirlyMan.)
(03-09-2017 03:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 03:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't have it backwards. You are your pet's raisin deux etrude. Pets have the advantage over others of their species of being able to experience a raison de excrement. I've seen it. They get it. ... Especially the ones who still remember being almost dead.

I'm sorry, I cannot take you seriously when you use faux French to pass off 'reason to shit'... Laugh out load

I don't care if you take it seriously or not, this is some serious shit right here! Come at me bro.

[Image: DGWP4z9.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-09-2017, 04:15 AM
(03-09-2017 04:11 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 03:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm sorry, I cannot take you seriously when you use faux French to pass off 'reason to shit'... Laugh out load

I don't care if you take it seriously or not, this is some serious shit right here!

[Image: DGWP4z9.jpg]

Serious indeed. That man is bowlegged and missing a finger on each hand. Consider

03-09-2017, 04:23 AM
Drinking Beverage