RE: Verifying animal abuse
(03-09-2017 04:38 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: XHT67Qy.jpg]

Lecture_preist
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2017, 06:53 AM
(03-09-2017 03:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 03:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I just feel like my subjective vanity should so invasively affect an animal entrusted to my care. It feels like a violation of that trust and responsibility.

But since they live for your vanity and approval you are depriving them of appreciating their raison d'etre. Cocker spaniel's happy he got no tail. Look! I got no tail! Happy dog don't give the shit you do.

The reason why it is illegal now in several countries to chop off ears or tail is that firstly it HURTS for weeks, secondly that many get infections, and thirdly that the changing of bandages fucking HURTS and makes a lot of dogs so treated hand shy.

Now if you chop off your own ears, you know why it hurts. For a little puppy, all it knows is that this is life. It doesn't know there is an end to the pain.

It is illegal in many places and I think it should be illegal everywhere. Fucking useless torture.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-09-2017, 01:40 PM
(03-09-2017 06:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  Now if you chop off your own ears, you know why it hurts. For a little puppy, all it knows is that this is life. It doesn't know there is an end to the pain.

And yet, there is an end to the pain.

#sigh
03-09-2017, 05:04 PM
(03-09-2017 01:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 06:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  Now if you chop off your own ears, you know why it hurts. For a little puppy, all it knows is that this is life. It doesn't know there is an end to the pain.

And yet, there is an end to the pain.

Harley, my rescue Dane, was a rescue because she had a non healing chopped off ear and after weeks of pain and torture by humans changing bandages, she got to hating people and biting. You don't want a dog the size of a Dane who hates you, they can eat you alive.

I took the bandages off and left them off. She ended up with one straight and one floppy ear. She adored me, tolerated hubby and hated everyone else.

Totally unnecessary shit. If I had not taken her, she would have been put down. I had her for 12 years.

Raising a pup to think that pain is all there is.... you can't sincerely condone that. Granted, some heal easier than others. But that's no excuse to fuck up the rest because you think pointy ears look better than floppy ones.

And it was never done for looks until fairly recently. Breeds were created for specific jobs, Danes had their ears cut off because they hunted boar and the ears would get slit. Jack Russels got to keep half a tail so they could follow a creature into a burrow in a hunt, and have a sturdy handful of tail one can pull them out of the hole with. (yep, I put "with" at the end of the sentence Tongue) And so on. Nowadays, where dogs are just pets for the most part, none of this shit is needed anymore.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-09-2017, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 05:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-09-2017 05:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  Raising a pup to think that pain is all there is.... you can't sincerely condone that.

I am not sure how I feel about it. We wouldn't know about "learned helplessness" if Seligman hadn't tortured the dogs.

#sigh
03-09-2017, 06:21 PM
(03-09-2017 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 05:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  Raising a pup to think that pain is all there is.... you can't sincerely condone that.

I am not sure how I feel about it. We wouldn't know about "learned helplessness" if Seligman hadn't tortured the dogs.

Not following that link because I am afraid of getting nightmares from it. Unsure

03-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Angel
03-09-2017, 08:37 PM
(03-09-2017 01:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 01:18 AM)Thinker Wrote:  I need to verify if this is animal abuse.

Facebook video/Cultura Colectiva +: This place will turn your cat into a majestic dragon!

Then, I must expose this right away to the right authorities.

Advance-verification is appreciated.

You're joking right?

So long as the animal dye is pet-safe, they are doing nothing more egregious than what people already did to French Poodles, but to the nth degree.

[Image: 2107a6754db2c3283bbda2d360788031--pink-p...oodles.jpg]

I think that de-clawing and bobbing ears and tails are bad, but this is little more than a haircut and a dye job. They might be a high crime against fashion, but it's certainly not animal abuse. I wouldn't dye my cat, but if there is a way to do it safely? Have at it.

Want to stop animal abuse? Stop breeding purebreds with strong predispositions to recessive genetic conditions that cause a myriad health disorders and complications. Give me a mutt over a purebred any day.

I bet the other dogs laughed at him when he went to the dog park.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!