Veritas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Veritas?
(31-05-2014 12:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 12:40 PM)Charis Wrote:  And WTF? Our senses tell us that we're creatures with morals? nooooo, they don't. Our "familiar five senses" are shared by most other mammals, and these "familiar five senses" are not "telling" me that we are creatures with a sense of oughts and ought nots. Nor are these "familar five senses" telling us about queer feelings of things "out there."

Sight.
Taste.
Touch.
Smell.
Sound.

You're confusing these senses with other attributes, like perhaps cognitive thought.

if you see a husband beating his wife and you ask him why he is doing it and he says she is nothing more than a punching bag, then you see that this is wrong and that he ought not to do it. you hear her cries, you see the blows he gives her.

your senses relay all of this to your brain and you process it and think it is wrong.

You're effectively ignoring what I've been saying and just circumventing it to lead us to your point. Goodbye. You keep confirming that I had you on ignore for damn good reason with this spoiled brat tactic.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
31-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Above wrong Jeremy post is wrong.

Beating people up is sadly not 'objectivly' wrong. Just resd history
/comparative sociology to see that..... Sad

Moving on...

Much cheers to all
31-05-2014, 12:50 PM
(31-05-2014 12:46 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 12:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  yes it is.

start here: http://quake.stanford.edu/~bai/finetuning.pdf

That link starts off by talking about a universe where life is possible, and then starts talking about EARTH. Basically re-stating what I was saying, except mistakenly calling that "fine-tuned for life." No... that would make it, and I repeat, "conducive to or permissive of life."

You can get faulty gears to turn... it's very possible. This doesn't make it fine-tuned. And a rusty gear with a shinier spot on it isn't fine-tuned either. It just has a shiny spot.

gears are machine parts and are machined by a metal fabricator i.e. a causal agent for a specific purpose and to precise specifications.
31-05-2014, 12:51 PM
(31-05-2014 12:50 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Above wrong Jeremy post is wrong.

Moving on...

Much cheers to all

yea....

and if i beat your loved one until their eyes fell out of their sockets you would say i had done nothing really wrong.

yea....

I really believe that.
31-05-2014, 12:52 PM
OH! Who can link to the jumping cricket/bug with gears? QUICK!
31-05-2014, 12:52 PM
(31-05-2014 12:49 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 12:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if you see a husband beating his wife and you ask him why he is doing it and he says she is nothing more than a punching bag, then you see that this is wrong and that he ought not to do it. you hear her cries, you see the blows he gives her.

your senses relay all of this to your brain and you process it and think it is wrong.

You're effectively ignoring what I've been saying and just circumventing it to lead us to your point. Goodbye. You keep confirming that I had you on ignore for damn good reason with this spoiled brat tactic.

You sound like my ex-girlfriend. whenever she would get mad at me, she would say "Goodbye." like that was supposed to hurt me or something....
31-05-2014, 12:54 PM
(31-05-2014 12:50 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 12:46 PM)Charis Wrote:  That link starts off by talking about a universe where life is possible, and then starts talking about EARTH. Basically re-stating what I was saying, except mistakenly calling that "fine-tuned for life." No... that would make it, and I repeat, "conducive to or permissive of life."

You can get faulty gears to turn... it's very possible. This doesn't make it fine-tuned. And a rusty gear with a shinier spot on it isn't fine-tuned either. It just has a shiny spot.

gears are machine parts and are machined by a metal fabricator i.e. a causal agent

I don't care. I'm not using them as a complete analogy.
It is possible for them to turn. That does not make them fine-tuned.

You know exactly what I'm saying. You're intelligent enough that you have no excuse. Therefore, you were just playing a game there.
Not playing, Jeremy.

The five senses do not tell us what you are saying they tell us. Period.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
31-05-2014, 12:54 PM
(31-05-2014 12:51 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 12:50 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Above wrong Jeremy post is wrong.

Moving on...

Much cheers to all

yea....

and if i beat your loved one until their eyes fell out of their sockets you would say i had done nothing really wrong.

yea....

I really believe that.

To whom it may concern.

You post something as misrepresentative (sp?) as to my original post again? I shall be far more incised than I am right now.

Much cheers to all. Jeremy Walker can suck any expletive they wish.
31-05-2014, 12:55 PM
(31-05-2014 12:54 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 12:50 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  gears are machine parts and are machined by a metal fabricator i.e. a causal agent

I don't care. I'm not using them as a complete analogy.
It is possible for them to turn. That does not make them fine-tuned.

You know exactly what I'm saying. You're intelligent enough that you have no excuse. Therefore, you were just playing a game there.
Not playing, Jeremy.

The five senses do not tell us what you are saying they tell us. Period.

bare assertion, no support.

if stephen hawking said the universe was fine-tuned would you believe it?
31-05-2014, 12:56 PM
(31-05-2014 12:52 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 12:49 PM)Charis Wrote:  You're effectively ignoring what I've been saying and just circumventing it to lead us to your point. Goodbye. You keep confirming that I had you on ignore for damn good reason with this spoiled brat tactic.

You sound like my ex-girlfriend. whenever she would get mad at me, she would say "Goodbye." like that was supposed to hurt me or something....

She apparently knew that continued discussions with you were a trip to the psych ward waiting to happen. I can see why she's your ex.

You sound like comparing me to your ex girlfriend was supposed to hurt me or something....