Very Accurate Personality Test

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-05-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Very Accurate Personality Test
Wikipedia Link

it's all bullshit.

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Scully's post
30-05-2013, 11:06 AM
I like this pseudo-science.
31-05-2013, 09:34 AM
I knew about the type of test but I forgot what it was called, so I took this one. It made me laugh because the results were so wrong about me. Maybe 1 in 5 statements was accurate. It is doesn't work for everyone...

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
31-05-2013, 12:53 PM
(28-05-2013 06:09 PM)Scully Wrote:  Wikipedia Link

it's all bullshit.

Yes, it is!!

But guess what? Lots of people, billions, believe the results are describing them.

Now that you know the Forer Effect you can use it to your own benefit!!
You might say you can read the stars, predict the future, read faces, etc. etc.... and if
you memorize some crap like that and say it in a serious tone of voice, they'll believe you...

(of course, put a big Warning sign saying: Never share your results with others or evil forces will turn against you)

So now when you read something and think: wow!! this is describing me!! just remember the Forer Effect:

Quote:The Forer effect (also called the Barnum effect after P. T. Barnum's observation that "we've got something for everyone") is the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically for them, but are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people.
This effect can provide a partial explanation for the widespread acceptance of some beliefs and practices, such as religion, astrology, fortune telling, graphology, and some types of personality test.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post