Very Strange Astrological Occurence in my Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 06:42 PM
RE: Very Strange Astrological Occurence in my Life
(04-06-2013 06:28 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 01:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I see he just admitted it has to do with seasons, not the stars.
Correlation is not causation.
That's nothing new.
Everyone knows hormones are related to, and affected by the seasons, to some extent, and "Summer" babies are different than "Winter" babies.

The premise of astology is scientifically false, and proven to be wrong by the formula for gravity's attraction related to mass and distance.

Planets and constellations don't affect a person, they indicate the forces that are acting on a person. They are indicators not causes.

Granted, some astrologers still believe it is the actual planet creating the force, but that's pretty primitive astrology.

And all that talk about gravity is silly. No astrologer thinks the forces are "gravitational" forces. You need to broaden your knowledge a little.

Oh. So "ancient astrologers", just like "ancient Christians".
Sure.
But YOU got it right this time.
You alone.
Have fun with this week's woo woo.
It's be something else next week.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 06:58 PM

As for continental drift and moon drift and tidal lock of the earth, these are so minor that in the history of mankind, they've made no difference at all to astrological charts which typically only measure degrees and minutes of degrees.

Also, astrology changes over time. It's not a science. It has a psychic component to it. A chart has to be interpreted. The greatest use I get out of astrology is helping me make decisions on symbols in dreams. For instance, if a dream dreams they are racing down a hill in a car, I might not be able to tell if that symbol is, say, a path they are taking that will lead them away from a higher understanding, or if it means they are supposed to get away from something. Well, if I can't tell, but I look at their chart and Saturn is in their ninth house, let's say, that helps me realize the symbol is about a dysfunctional idea.

Having said that, I also think astrology is very good for interpreting the fatalistic forces acting on a person's life, and I am working with a client now, and for the first time I'm incorporating a kind of set theory coding for these forces (that I developed some time ago) that are indicated in the horoscope.
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 07:05 PM

(04-06-2013 06:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh. So "ancient astrologers", just like "ancient Christians".
Sure.
But YOU got it right this time.
You alone.
Have fun with this week's woo woo.
It's be something else next week.

You know, you're right. If I could flip flop, I would. I've come to realize that about myself. You should try realizing more things about yourself. It's...empowering.

If I could flip flop, I would. But I have now exhausted all the places for me to flip to. I cannot go back to being a Christian. I've seen the puppet strings, I've destroyed the arguments for the existence of God, and I've found inconsistencies in the teachings of Jesus Christ. So, I can't be a Christian. Which means this is all I've got.

I'm not complaining. I'm happier this way. It's more the real me. But at the same time, I am also stuck with it. Because I'm not able to deny enough in order to be a materialist.

This last flip flop has been particularly devestating. I honestly see no way it could be reversed.No
04-06-2013, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 10:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-06-2013 07:05 PM)Egor Wrote:  You know, you're right. If I could flip flop, I would. I've come to realize that about myself. You should try realizing more things about yourself. It's...empowering.

If I could flip flop, I would. But I have now exhausted all the places for me to flip to. I cannot go back to being a Christian. I've seen the puppet strings, I've destroyed the arguments for the existence of God, and I've found inconsistencies in the teachings of Jesus Christ. So, I can't be a Christian. Which means this is all I've got.

I'm not complaining. I'm happier this way. It's more the real me. But at the same time, I am also stuck with it. Because I'm not able to deny enough in order to be a materialist.

This last flip flop has been particularly devestating. I honestly see no way it could be reversed.No

Or just quit flopping around like a fish outta fucking water and realize you ain't never been outta the fucking water in the first place 'cept when you jump going after skeeters or something. Nihilism sees the abyss as just an ocean to swim in. I am my own personal Jesus. I am the true Christian. I realize the Christ.

Reach out and touch faith, fucker, and don't forget to tickle its balls before juicing them, they're sweeter that way.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
04-06-2013, 10:49 PM
(04-06-2013 06:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 02:06 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Chas is right. Astrology has been thoroughly, and completely debunked as nothing more than an embarrassingly intricate fraud.

I guess it depends on whose interpreting it. My chart is so like me it's astounding. That's why I got into astrology.

Quote:If there are those who still believe, then we have an issue of a lack of education, or of a lack of intelligence. I would hope it is the former.

So, what about Carl Jung? Was he uneducated or unintelligent. Was Ronald Regan unintelligent or uneducated?

Last week the soignée soothsayer's cover was blown by former White House aide Donald Regan. In his just-published book, For the Record, Regan spilled what he insisted was "the most closely guarded domestic secret of the Reagan White House." To wit: "Virtually every major move and decision the Reagans made during my time as White House Chief of Staff was cleared in advance with a woman in San Francisco who drew up horoscopes to make certain that the planets were in a favorable alignment for the enterprise." Within hours, an avid press had zeroed in on Quigley as the mystery adviser.
http://www.people.com/people/archive/art...22,00.html

I'm not unintelligent, and I'm not uneducated.

So, now what? You don't have to believe it. Maybe it's best you don't. Maybe there are things in your chart you're better off not seeing.

It doesn't matter who else believes it Astrology along side you. It doesn't matter how educated or intelligent they are in other areas of their lives. The fact remains that both they and you put your trust in a thoroughly debunked, fraudulent pseudoscience, that is designed specifically to resonate with you, as well as thousands of other people.

The best con jobs, leave the person who has been conned, happy and asking for more.

I am sure you are an intelligent person, as well as an educated one. Regardless, you have managed to avoid using either of those traits on this particular subject. Partitioning your brain like that, isn't anything new. Many people do it, believing in something utterly fantastical in one moment, and then accepting a scientific truth that contradicts it in another.

I am unsure as to what else could be said. Astrology is no more a science of value, than alchemy is. Me saying so, is like me saying the sky is blue.

I suppose your belief does not harm anyone, so I can hardly be angry with you for holding it. Free world right? Have fun. Don't be surprised if others mock, or ask pointed questions though, especially here on a forum where people respect facts, and the truth about reality, more than fantasy.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 4 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
(04-06-2013 10:49 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 06:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  I guess it depends on whose interpreting it. My chart is so like me it's astounding. That's why I got into astrology.

So, what about Carl Jung? Was he uneducated or unintelligent. Was Ronald Regan unintelligent or uneducated?

Last week the soignée soothsayer's cover was blown by former White House aide Donald Regan. In his just-published book, For the Record, Regan spilled what he insisted was "the most closely guarded domestic secret of the Reagan White House." To wit: "Virtually every major move and decision the Reagans made during my time as White House Chief of Staff was cleared in advance with a woman in San Francisco who drew up horoscopes to make certain that the planets were in a favorable alignment for the enterprise." Within hours, an avid press had zeroed in on Quigley as the mystery adviser.
http://www.people.com/people/archive/art...22,00.html

I'm not unintelligent, and I'm not uneducated.

So, now what? You don't have to believe it. Maybe it's best you don't. Maybe there are things in your chart you're better off not seeing.

It doesn't matter who else believes it Astrology along side you. It doesn't matter how educated or intelligent they are in other areas of their lives. The fact remains that both they and you put your trust in a thoroughly debunked, fraudulent pseudoscience, that is designed specifically to resonate with you, as well as thousands of other people.

The best con jobs, leave the person who has been conned, happy and asking for more.

I am sure you are an intelligent person, as well as an educated one. Regardless, you have managed to avoid using either of those traits on this particular subject. Partitioning your brain like that, isn't anything new. Many people do it, believing in something utterly fantastical in one moment, and then accepting a scientific truth that contradicts it in another.

I am unsure as to what else could be said. Astrology is no more a science of value, than alchemy is. Me saying so, is like me saying the sky is blue.

I suppose your belief does not harm anyone, so I can hardly be angry with you for holding it. Free world right? Have fun. Don't be surprised if others mock, or ask pointed questions though, especially here on a forum where people respect facts, and the truth about reality, more than fantasy.

Now that is how to come out swinging. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-06-2013, 11:20 PM

(04-06-2013 10:49 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  The best con jobs, leave the person who has been conned, happy and asking for more.

Just a point of order here: wouldn't it lose the title "Con Job" if it left you happy and asking for more? Because that would make a twinki a con. [Image: umm%20(2).gif]

Quote:I am sure you are an intelligent person, as well as an educated one. Regardless, you have managed to avoid using either of those traits on this particular subject. Partitioning your brain like that, isn't anything new. Many people do it, believing in something utterly fantastical in one moment, and then accepting a scientific truth that contradicts it in another.

Oh well; Not everything in this world can be answered with science.

Quote:I am unsure as to what else could be said. Astrology is no more a science of value, than alchemy is. Me saying so, is like me saying the sky is blue.

I don't really need you to tell me anything.

But let me know if you ever want your chart done. [Image: consoling-smiley.gif]

Quote:I suppose your belief does not harm anyone, so I can hardly be angry with you for holding it.

That's good. Being angry with people you've never seen or met is a complete waste of time.

Quote:Free world right?

Yes

Quote:Have fun.

Thumbsup

Quote:Don't be surprised if others mock, or ask pointed questions though, especially here on a forum where people respect facts, and the truth about reality, more than fantasy.

OMG. Do you think people on this forum are going to mock me for my beliefs? You must know, you've got 7 posts to your credit already. Bowing
04-06-2013, 11:37 PM
(04-06-2013 11:20 PM)Egor Wrote:  OMG. Do you think people on this forum are going to mock me for my beliefs? You must know, you've got 7 posts to your credit already. Bowing

Pretty sure they know that they, at least, are gonna fuckin' mock you. ... And I'm also sure it didn't take 7 of your posts.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-06-2013, 11:50 PM
You should make an astrological chart of your paramoecium Igor

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
05-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Egor,

I am saying you have been thoroughly conned, confused, fooled, bamboozled, tricked, etc... I am unsure as to how a twinki is relevant.

Its true that right now, not everything in the universe can be answered with science, at least not yet. Receiving pseudoscience as a fact, when the real facts are that it is a fraudulent practice, is far worse for you than just saying "I don't know yet." It is embarrassing.

Science is the study of everything. It will move along, and catch up to the questions we have. Or we can get impatient, and turn to false scholars, who provide the answers we seek, but in the form of a false doctrine. If you prefer false consolation and the illusion of knowledge more than the truth, by all means proceed. A free world is meant for those who waste, as well as use their time.

On the contrary sir, you need someone to point out a great deal to you. So you come onto this forum, to post where many freethinking, intelligent people gather to discuss fallacies of theist thinking, and the allure of false ideas that provide no more than comfort. You then post Astrological horse shit, along with a fair bit of mythological explanation to go with it, and you actually expect no one to challenge you on it? That is strange indeed.

I find the confrontation as necessary as it would be if you were openly professing the true existence of Santa Claus. That claim would be equally valid.

I can see that you have been spoiled by the rules of the free world, thinking that your opinion is merely another interpretation of truth, or perhaps "another path" to it. Perhaps you believe it is your right to hold these beliefs.

Your view is simply false. As much as claiming the sky is red would be false. The truth is not objective. It merely is. We can choose to see it, and study it, or we can ignore it and believe as we wish. It must be a fun world to live in, where your beliefs about the universe, actually change your life, even if they are false. In a way, it is your own little world, in your head.

So in the end, I not only expect people to mock you for your beliefs, I would disappointed if they did not. You need a healthy dose of reality.

If I went around claiming that the tooth fairy was real, and that I had the photographs to prove it, I would be mocked openly everywhere I went. Nobody would care if that was my belief, or world view. That is the price every deluded person must pay when they come into contact with those who know the truth. They pay it in mocking laughter, and it ought to be so. In the end, knowing the truth is worth being embarrassed for believing something silly for a while.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 4 users Like Dark Phoenix's post