Video Debate: Does Heaven Exist (The Big Questions)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2011, 05:50 PM

Video Debate: Does Heaven Exist (The Big Questions)
I posted this on my blog this morning.

Thanks to TreVelocita for the upload.
Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2011, 06:03 PM

RE: Video Debate: Does Heaven Exist (The Big Questions)
If that woman was not a lesbian, and I not gay, I would ask her to marry me... Big Grin
30-05-2011, 07:21 PM

My notes while watching these clips followed by unorganized ramblings. I didn't feel the desire to organize it coherently.

Heaven - The Anime
Heaven: Only half your emotions
Heaven - Aborted babies?
Heaven = love?
Heaven - beyond human imagining? Seriously? lol
Kate - lol
Money = faith...?
Some bald guy - Pascal's wager. Blah blah blah
Whether it exists or not, we should go with it because it makes us feel nice. Like Cocaine.
I'll give Islam this. They demand acts, not Faith. Now on the acts themselves, I won't comment.
------

Faith is for the Brave? Seriously? I think that girl who spoke out alone was the brave one. With everyone in that room against her. People create religion to cope with the fear born of a mind that values its own life trying to understand a reality that recognizes no value. That isn't bravery. It is denial.

Heaven by the Muslim: 'And the women will have hair alike to pearls and rubies and jemstones and their eyes will be wider.' Sounds like an Anime to me.

Heaven where everyone is happy and you experience eternal love. This scares the hell out of me. No pun intended. I told my mother once, 'Heaven may indeed be real, but no on will ever get there. Assuming you have a soul and it ascends, your personality is going to be stripped and rewired. You will cease to exist as an observer of events and become but an automaton. Give me Hell instead.'
She then grounded me and my senior year of highschool was indeed Hell.

I think that girl got the Aborted babies line already. I don't need to say much.

Heaven beyond our imagination? I guess this is only funny to people who realize that it was us mortals who imagined it all up.

Money = faith. This was an interesting one. Wrong, but interesting. Money is not faith, its trust. There is a difference. We trust that everyone around us recognizes the value that we collectively agree to attribute to it. We trust that the Government will accept our money as payment, that our bank will, that our grocery store will. Trust is not Faith. Faith is without foundation. Trust is not.

And the guy who says Heaven is a comfort to people who don't want to let go of loved ones so lets keep it. How sad. Truly sad. I understand the pain of having a loved one die. I would really love to think that I could see them again. It would certainly be nice, I'll admit that. It would also be nice to fly and see through clothing. But to live life following laws made to get into a place that we allow to exist in our heads because it makes us feel nice is nothing but emotional masturbation.
30-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the headache.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm not an idiot either. I like her a lot!

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2011, 11:58 AM
"Faith is, by definition, believing in something without evidence, and personally, I don't do that because I'm not an idiot" Nice! And then they tried to compare faith in god to value in currency. Clearly not use to have their beliefs challenged. But value in money and god do have one thing in common; they both only exist in the human mind.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user